Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
RE. zero hours contracts, this is something the labour party and their supporters started campaigning against when there was a lot of bad publicity against Sports Direct/Mike Ashley, and it just went from there.

Sadly, it shows just how ridiculously out-of-touch the labour party is with it's traditional supporters and reality. I worked on a ZHC on was earning excellent money. My wife if on a ZHC and is the same. Millions choose to be on these so they can manage work and home commitments. Labour - and you - want to get rid of them...
There are hundreds of people who have had the opposite experience. An example is my neice who is a single parent. As she is on a zero hours contract she can't claim benefit. There were many weeks where she was either not given any hours, or was given just a few hours. She still had to pay her rent, utility bills and buy food for her child. If it hadn't been for my sister supporting her I don't know where she'd have neded up.

Trade Unions have fought for flexible working time for workers so that people have the ability to manage work and home commitments, but still know that they have a wage coming in at the end of the week.