+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Madrid Flights!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Madrid Flights!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A lot of people who would never have dreamed of buying a house, were content, and why not, to live on decent, well maintained council estates. Decent percentage of employment, rents going into the local authorities coffers to keep standards up, the safety net of assistance if work did dry up.....then boom, let’s test people’s greed.. the right to buy, put a mortgage around their necks, they’ll be terrified to rebel now. Oh, and we’ll put interest rates sky high while we’re at it.....
    This one got quite a few people. I was living in London when the property boom happened, a lot of my colleagues bought on the strength of it, paying ridiculous sums for next to nothing, and then the bubble burst, leaving them paying a mortgage which was double the val;ue of their property.

I think we're heading towards that again now. I sold up from London about 7 years ago, and my little two bed house was sold for 250k. I was able to buy a very large 5 bed for that in South Wales. Within four years of selling my old house, the buyer had re-sold for 400k and hadn't made any improvements. The house was recently back on the market for just over 450k. The "boom" is due to the large number of new flats springing up in the area, where a one bed "studio flat" is up for 350k, pushing up the value of the older properties in the area (especially those with a garden and off street parking). There has to be some give soon.

Re: Madrid Flights!!!!

It's not like Madrid is a million miles away lots of ways to get there and several options.

Just seen Chelsea and Arsenal have been given less than 10% each for the final. I know Baku is a bit different but clubs should get at least 30% each of capacity