+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marcelo Bielsa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marcelo Bielsa

Just read and cut/pasted this from LinkedIn of all places. No idea if it’s all true but seems like it probably is

• Arrives at Leeds United and immediately makes the squad collect litter around Thorpe Arch and tasks them with manual labour so they appreciate what working class fans do on a daily basis to be able to afford to support the club.

• Admits to “spying” and accepts full responsibility, giving a detailed explanations of his motives and how he’s failed to consider English culture. Pays the FA £200,000 fine in full.

• Loses his cool when, by his standards, his players exploit a situation to unfairly score a goal. Orders his players to allow the opposition to walk the ball into the net to undo the advantage.

• Quietly punishes his players away from the media and supporters, but backs them completely in front of the cameras. He pays all their Club and FA fines throughout the season because he believes that if they fall below the standards expected by the FA, then he has failed to exemplify and motivate them to meet them.

• Choses to live in a 1 bed granny flat in Wetherby and walks the 2 miles to work everyday.

• Holds informal staff meetings in the local Costa because isn’t it what normal people do at work.

Quite the guy.

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

He’ll be ultimately judged by Leeds’ success or lack of it though, like all the rest. I hope it’s the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’ll be ultimately judged by Leeds’ success or lack of it though, like all the rest. I hope it’s the latter.
    No, whether an overachieving leeds team go up or not will have little to no impact on how he is viewed in the game, it's not like he's an up and coming youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No, whether an overachieving leeds team go up or not will have little to no impact on how he is viewed in the game, it's not like he's an up and coming youngster.
    I disagree. If he gets promotion with Leeds, after all their past failiures and dashed hopes, it will raise his stock further.

I could never be pleased about a Leeds promotion, but I wouldn't feel quite as bad as I would normally if they went up in this season's Play Offs and that's solely down to Bielsa.

Really? Bielsa is judged on his success at Leeds? 😅

Pep Guardiola thinks he’s the best coach in the world.
    That’s enough for me.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talks...diola-and/amp/

What about the rest of the incredible career he’s had?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Really? Bielsa is judged on his success at Leeds? 😅
    The OPs 2nd paragraph starts ‘Arrives at Leeds Utd’ & goes on to state what he’s done at Leeds. So seeing as the thread is about him & Leeds, that’s what he’l be judged on there.

Fantastic manager. I would kill to see him down here

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Fantastic manager. I would kill to see him down here
    No need for that, he will probably down for a match next season.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No need for that, he will probably down for a match next season.
    If they don't get promoted we might get him on a "free"

The OPs 2nd paragraph starts ‘Arrives at Leeds Utd’ & goes on to state what he’s done at Leeds. So seeing as the thread is about him & Leeds, that’s what he’l be judged on there.
    On here? By you, you mean.. Add ”Lost the” to your nick 👍😂

On here? By you, you mean.. Add ”Lost the” to your nick 👍😂
    I’ll take it that you were absolutely roaring drunk when you wrote this. There cannot be any other explanation 🍺🍺

I’ll take it that you were absolutely roaring drunk when you wrote this. There cannot be any other explanation ����
    Cant it?

Cant it?
    That’s answer is akin to the famous Fawlty Towers conversation.....’Hampshire won’....’Did it?’🤪🤪

That’s answer is akin to the famous Fawlty Towers conversation.....’Hampshire won’....’Did it?’🤪🤪
    Well. From my point of view this is the back tracking of another idiot. Bielsas credentials are undisputed. They can’t be questioning with the likes of Leeds. It’s like you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. If Bielsafails at Leeds, it’s not Bielsa there is something wrong with. I know this is “the theory of none” for some of you. But come on! Have some self respect trying to be a football fan!

Well. From my point of view this is the back tracking of another idiot. Bielsas credentials are undisputed. They can’t be questioning with the likes of Leeds. It’s like you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. If Bielsafails at Leeds, it’s not Bielsa there is something wrong with. I know this is “the theory of none” for some of you. But come on! Have some self respect trying to be a football fan!
    If he doesn’t get Leeds up (although they’ve got one foot in the final after last night), he’ll be deemed a failure by Leeds fans & will no doubt pay the price of that failure. Ok, he’s well respected and admired by many but if you are a football fan and your club doesn’t achieve what you believe they are capable of ( and, let’s be honest about this, Leeds fans think they have some God given right to be at the top table) you don’t give a flying f*ck for what your manager has achieved elsewhere. If Leeds fail to go up I guarantee you there won’t be a Leeds fan who’ll be saying “Oh, Bielsa is marvellous, he failed with us but you want to see what he’s done for other clubs previously”. Football, even more so now, is about achieving at this very moment, fans want the present not the past and I stand by my statement, if Leeds don’t go up, Bielsa will be deemed a failure by his current employers.
    It’s very different for us, our expectation was nowhere near what Leeds fans expectations are, so Warwick.. erm Warnock gets a bit of slack cut him.
    Oh, watch who you’re referring to as an idiot, if you want to post on an English language medium forum, brush up on your literacy because you come across as the idiot with your incomprehensible rants.
    Anyway on to Old Trafford on this lovely Sunday morning 👍