+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What goes and what doesn’t on this board.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What goes and what doesn’t on this board.

I posted a quip on here the other day on the Black goalkeepers thread which a few posters saw as a racist comment, and all of a sudden I was branded as racist. It was my sense of humour, but it went down like a lead balloon, which is fair enough, as it wasn’t the funniest quip ever posted on here.
    Yesterday on the Madrid flights thread, 3 of the first 4 replies were about stereotyping scousers as thieves and neds. That’s also my sense of humour. Difference being, I didn’t see any of the PC brigade on here wading in like they did on the goal keepers thread. I think when the day comes we can’t all laugh at each other, its time to give up.

Re: What goes and what doesn’t on this board.

Your point being?Been the same on every online forum I've ever visited.Can't afford to be precious or your done.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Your point being?Been the same on every online forum I've ever visited.Can't afford to be precious or your done.
    Wouldn’t dream of asking anyone to be precious on my behalf, just needing a bit of clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I posted a quip on here the other day on the Black goalkeepers thread which a few posters saw as a racist comment, and all of a sudden I was branded as racist. It was my sense of humour, but it went down like a lead balloon, which is fair enough, as it wasn’t the funniest quip ever posted on here.
    Yesterday on the Madrid flights thread, 3 of the first 4 replies were about stereotyping scousers as thieves and neds. That’s also my sense of humour. Difference being, I didn’t see any of the PC brigade on here wading in like they did on the goal keepers thread. I think when the day comes we can’t all laugh at each other, its time to give up.
    If Welsh people were accused of the same things that Scousers are (on this message board) they would be uproar.

Still upset because people said your shit racist joke was shit and racist? If you don’t want to get called out try and be less racist and more funny.

The stereotypes about scousers are equally boring and shite but since there isn’t a history of welsh people keeping scousers down and treating them as second class citizens they don’t quite have the same impact as a shit racist joke.

Hahaha get over it mun.

You're actually comparing racist jokes to jokes about scousers robbing stuff, unreal.

i don't live in wales anymore but i'm welsh.
    there'll be a welcome in the hillside mate baaaaaaaaah
    sheep shagger!!!!!
    anything with sheep basically
    welsh rarebit --- its feckin cheese on toast mate.
    shirley bassey ...etc etc
    it gets quite boring

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    i don't live in wales anymore but i'm welsh.
    there'll be a welcome in the hillside mate baaaaaaaaah
    sheep shagger!!!!!
    anything with sheep basically
    welsh rarebit --- its feckin cheese on toast mate.
    shirley bassey ...etc etc
    it gets quite boring
    Add to that. Inferior complex!

I picked up on that also.
    There's a faux Liberal elite on here, each of them desperate to be the first to parade their sensibilities.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    There's a faux Liberal elite on here, each of them desperate to be the first to parade their sensibilities.
    ^^ this

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Hahaha get over it mun.

You're actually comparing racist jokes to jokes about scousers robbing stuff, unreal.
    And the difference is?

And the difference is?
    Ones racism, the other isn't.

Racist jokes can be funny, but when they sound outdated and lack any type of wit like yours it looks pathetic.

Imagine using phrases like this un ironically ffs you should be embarrassed

But even worse than that imagine calling football supporters from Cardiff and the valleys elites! Just because some people on here call out your right wing views.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

But even worse than that imagine calling football supporters from Cardiff and the valleys elites! Just because some people on here call out your right wing views.
    And you're the worst

International

What do right wing (political) views have to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The right wing and racism often go hand in hand, not exclusively but often, but then you know that. Funny that the poster severncity seems more offended by being perceived as right wing then a defender of racism. It's particularly strange he's offended by the accusation when he himself accused croesy blue of being 'faux liberal'..

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The other one started it by using the phrase Liberal Elite, which has a political meaning.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The other one started it by using the phrase Liberal Elite, which has a political meaning.
    You mean like "left wing pro-communist subversive"?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don''t think he meant 'liberal' in the political sense with a capital L.

And the difference is?
    The history behind racist jokes and the impact they have. It’s nothing to do with offence why people don’t like them it’s that they reproduce and entrench racist thoughts which sustains racist culture. It’s nothing to do with offence at all but the actual harm it can cause to other races.

Banned

The history behind racist jokes and the impact they have. It’s nothing to do with offence why people don’t like them it’s that they reproduce and entrench racist thoughts which sustains racist culture. It’s nothing to do with offence at all but the actual harm it can cause to other races.
    Why is labelling Scousers thieves not as harmful as labelling blacks thieves?

So we are not allowed to say “Negro»?

And you're the worst
    Amazing to find out I’m an elite at least, finally the recognition for my hard work.

Pavlov's dog isn't fully trained yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Ones racism, the other isn't.

Racist jokes can be funny, but when they sound outdated and lack any type of wit like yours it looks pathetic.
    Ok. So its no no on here to stereotyping all black people as thieves, but it’s ok to stereotype all scousers as thieves. What about black scousers?