+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What goes and what doesn’t on this board.

Banned

Re: What goes and what doesn’t on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The history behind racist jokes and the impact they have. It’s nothing to do with offence why people don’t like them it’s that they reproduce and entrench racist thoughts which sustains racist culture. It’s nothing to do with offence at all but the actual harm it can cause to other races.
    Why is labelling Scousers thieves not as harmful as labelling blacks thieves?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Why is labelling Scousers thieves not as harmful as labelling blacks thieves?
    Because the history of racism that’s still affecting black people to this day. Scousers aren’t less likely to get jobs for being scouse, scousers aren’t More likely to be arrested for be scouse, scousers aren’t more likely to be arrested just for being Scouse. Racist jokes even if not intended to be hateful help spread and keep alive these prejudices.

This isn’t a complex or baseless issue, there’s plenty of stuff you can look up if you’re interested.

I wouldn’t tell a scousers are thieves joke because I’m not an unfunny bore, I wouldn’t tell a black people are thieves joke because I’m not an unfunny racist.

I wouldn’t tell a scousers are thieves joke because I’m not an unfunny bore, .
    That’s a matter of opinion

Because the history of racism that’s still affecting black people to this day. Scousers aren’t less likely to get jobs for being scouse, scousers aren’t More likely to be arrested for be scouse, scousers aren’t more likely to be arrested just for being Scouse. Racist jokes even if not intended to be hateful help spread and keep alive these prejudices.

This isn’t a complex or baseless issue, there’s plenty of stuff you can look up if you’re interested.

I wouldn’t tell a scousers are thieves joke because I’m not an unfunny bore, I wouldn’t tell a black people are thieves joke because I’m not an unfunny racist.
    You’re a self-appointed accuser, judge and censor, condemning “wrongthink” and “politically incorrect” contributions. You seem to believe that you are the moral authority on any and all subjects.

To quote the King James Bible, Matthew 7:1
    “Judge not, that ye be not judged”.

I find it very odd that you took the username “Croesy Blue” after it had been discarded by the old “Croesy Blue” aka “The Gourmet” and aka “Nick”. He was a fantasist, a bullshitter, an alcoholic Tory from Cwmbran called Mark I think.

Why did you start using his former username?

Im just putting my opinion across. Why not try and address the points rather than attacking me?

Im just putting my opinion across. Why not try and address the points rather than attacking me?
    You attack other people for their opinions on a daily basis. What about your username? Why did you choose it?

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    You’re a self-appointed accuser, judge and censor, condemning “wrongthink” and “politically incorrect” contributions. You seem to believe that you are the moral authority on any and all subjects.

To quote the King James Bible, Matthew 7:1
    “Judge not, that ye be not judged”.

I find it very odd that you took the username “Croesy Blue” after it had been discarded by the old “Croesy Blue” aka “The Gourmet” and aka “Nick”. He was a fantasist, a bullshitter, an alcoholic Tory from Cwmbran called Mark I think.

Why did you start using his former username?
    Bravo, Sir. Bravo.

Nail. Head.

You attack other people for their opinions on a daily basis. What about your username? Why did you choose it?
    2-0

We're all allowed an opinion and an opinion on others opinions, if you're making openly racist jokes and/or defending racism, then are you really surprised if someone else opines that you're a c unt.?

Where am I attacking them? Im putting my point across, just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they’re attacking you.

I gave facts, I didn’t abuse anyone. Why can’t you do the same?

Where am I attacking them? Im putting my point across, just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they’re attacking you.

You concluded I was 'right wing' without any basis , you don't even know me!

A fact I'd like to know is why you chose your username?

As for the "facts" which you "give", I reckon that they are mostly just your opinions. You call people out for their opinions nearly every single day.

If you tell people that what they feel in their hearts and what they believe in their minds is wrong and wicked, then they will despise you.

You are not a moral authority.

As for the "facts" which you "give", I reckon that they are mostly just your opinions. You call people out for their opinions nearly every single day.

If you tell people that what they feel in their hearts and what they believe in their minds is wrong and wicked, then they will despise you.

What a load of shite - you're saying people should tolerate racism out of respect for what racists feel in their 'hearts and minds'? ... you f ucking plum.!

They wont argue their point, just attack you because you've called them out, the focus is on you because they're not even comfortable defending what they believe.

He called out a shit racist joke, that's all, it's hardly controversial.

Banned

What's the story with his name?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    What a load of shite - you're saying people should tolerate racism out of respect for what racists feel in their 'hearts and minds'? ... you f ucking plum.!
    Quote where I've said that? I'm criticising his behaviour over the past 3 years. He accuses people of prejudice all the time. He's like the Saudi religious police.

The whole debate around immigration and racism is nuanced as well as polarised. Flinging accusations around doesn't build bridges.

And your abusive language doesn't reflect well on you.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I picked up on that also.
    There's a faux Liberal elite on here, each of them desperate to be the first to parade their sensibilities.
    ^^ this

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He called out a shit racist joke, that's all, it's hardly controversial.
    He's like this all the time.

Quote where I've said that? I'm criticising his behaviour over the past 3 years. He accuses people of prejudice all the time. He's like the Saudi religious police.

The whole debate around immigration and racism is nuanced as well as polarised. Flinging accusations around doesn't build bridges.

And your abusive language doesn't reflect well on you.
    And openly defending racism reflects even less well on you.

International

Imagine using phrases like this un ironically ffs you should be embarrassed

But even worse than that imagine calling football supporters from Cardiff and the valleys elites! Just because some people on here call out your right wing views.
    What do right wing (political) views have to do with it?

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    When was the last time any of us shagged a sheep ????

FFS people, lighten up
    Ummmm ................

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What's the story with his name?
    "Croesy Blue" was the username of this guy from Cwmbran who was a property developer, Tory activist, bon viveur and bullshitter. He got banned multiple times but returned as "The Gourmet" and "Nick".

When the board changed in 2016 , and we all had to transfer our usernames, the current "Croesy Blue" chose that particular name to argue online with the former "Croesy Blue" who was by then called "Nick".

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What do right wing (political) views have to do with it?
    The right wing and racism often go hand in hand, not exclusively but often, but then you know that. Funny that the poster severncity seems more offended by being perceived as right wing then a defender of racism. It's particularly strange he's offended by the accusation when he himself accused croesy blue of being 'faux liberal'..

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    And openly defending racism reflects even less well on you.
    I'm not openly defending racism.