+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: MANCHESTER UNITED 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: MANCHESTER UNITED 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Because I was there watching him and he was knackered and not going to get into those positions again.
    I was watching him too. He was tired, but he hardly needed to go off in a wheel chair!
    The game meant nothing. If we’d needed anything from it then fair enough. We could have got another dodgy pen late on and he could have got his 3rd.
    It’s not as if we were bringing any superstars or youngsters on to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I was watching him too. He was tired, but he hardly needed to go off in a wheel chair!
    The game meant nothing. If we’d needed anything from it then fair enough. We could have got another dodgy pen late on and he could have got his 3rd.
    It’s not as if we were bringing any superstars or youngsters on to replace him.
    trying to make something out of nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    trying to make something out of nothing
    Settle down Llandaff North Blue. You disagree with my opinion. That’s fine. Let’s leave it at that.

Re: MANCHESTER UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    all we needed was one more win against some of the shite we played.
    ah well back to the championship, you seem to like it there
    Absolutely love the Championship, I can’t wait

Probably sums up city the best way possible just 1 win away from staying up

Re: MANCHESTER UNITED v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Are you the full shilling?
    How often will a Cardiff City player get a chance of a hat trick at Old Trafford?
    Whats that got to do with the manager, who picks the team and decides on substitutes. He wanted to win the game and M-Laing was obviously tiring. If he had left him on and they had scored two or more in the last ten minutes, no doubt you would be complaining that he should have substituted him earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Whats that got to do with the manager, who picks the team and decides on substitutes. He wanted to win the game and M-Laing was obviously tiring. If he had left him on and they had scored two or more in the last ten minutes, no doubt you would be complaining that he should have substituted him earlier.
    Getting 3 points was a week too late. Giving a Cardiff City player a chance to become the 1st to score a hat trick at Old Trafford was the better option for me.

In fairness players getting taken off when they’re on a hat trick is one thing that really annoys me too. Loads of managers do it and I don’t think it’s a stick to beat Warnock with but it is very annoying.

Getting 3 points was a week too late. Giving a Cardiff City player a chance to become the 1st to score a hat trick at Old Trafford was the better option for me.
    How would you have felt if Manchester United had salvaged something from the game due to the fact that they'd managed to exploit a tiring player?
    You could argue that there was nothing riding on this game for us, however, look at the feel-good factor that win has given us, we can take that psychological edge with us into next season.

The bigger picture was us coming away from Old Trafford with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    How would you have felt if Manchester United had salvaged something from the game due to the fact that they'd managed to exploit a tiring player?
    You could argue that there was nothing riding on this game for us, however, look at the feel-good factor that win has given us, we can take that psychological edge with us into next season.

How would I have felt? Couldn’t feel more disappointed about a piss poor season even if we’d lost 3-2 in injury time. Our boat had sailed well before yesterday.
    How many times in your lifetime will a Cardiff City player get a chance for a hat trick at Old Trafford?
    Anyway, as I said earlier. It’s all about opinions. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

Absolutely this.
    We are not talking about some kick about over the local park or even a local league side here.
    Every player, manager, coach would and should treat every game on its merits in a professional manner and not think "oh, he's out on his arse but we'll leave him up front goal hanging. It would be 'nice' to see him get a hat trick, we might even be second in Match of the day"!

I for one have been sick of people churning out the same old bollocks of us only taking four points off the top six in our time at the top.
    It's as though these super stattos breathed a huge sigh of relief when we were finally relegated as so many of them predicted and kept predicting throughout the season (except when we won of course).

Peoples' reputations are on the line every time they cross the white line and it may have been a dead rubber to some but to those players and the travelling support, the victory was sweet.
    I bet NM-L didn't even give the hat trick a second thought, he got a brace in a 2 nil win to give his side their first victory at Old Trafford in almost sixty years FFS. I bet he's still on cloud nine!

In the end we missed out on safety by a meagre couple of points or, put another way, a poor linesman's decision.
    That makes the end of the season seem a lot sweeter to some.