+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Warnock - Stay or Go?

International

Re: Neil Warnock - Stay or Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    If Warnock doesn’t stay then it will be no doubt down to Tan not proving the funds that Neil feels we need for a promotion campaign.

If the refusal to boost the transfer kitty is a sign that he is unwilling to fund the club, as opposed to just Warnock as the manager, then it could significantly reduce our candidate pool for a new manager and see us going back down the Trollope / Slade route
    You are speaking as if Mr Tan has already said he isn't giving any money. He has always supported the club in the past, why wouldn't he now when we are getting better and getting bigger crowds?

CardiffCitySince1927

I am a fan of Warnock. I like his style of play, the good old fashioned way.
    I would have to ask, who would we go for?
    It’s all good going for a young manager (it’s like a new fad!), we all want to have an “attacking” style but it’s not Cardiff is it? Investing in youth will be good, but not at this moment.
    This is Warnock’s master plan, getting relegated has lined our pockets and if we spend a little bit more (getting a midfield and striker). Becoming a yo-yo club is exactly what we need. After a couple yo-yos we will be good enough to stay in the prem by themselves.

I know Laura personally and she does know a lot about football. But it doesn’t mean she is right 100% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And who remembers 'The Cardiff Way'? (Whatever it was meant to be)
    3 at the back wasn't it?

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    3 at the back wasn't it?
    Get the opposition to score for you?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The fact that Laura McAllister can recognise Danny Gabbidon was a footballing defender and you cannot tends to suggest that her knowledge of the game is greater than yours.
    Without a doubt the best centre back we've had in a generation and someone who could run with the ball, pass the ball, nutmeg and make a fool of forwards. He was the most skilful centre back I've ever seen play for us, not that there's much competition, though Manga might be up there. He used to cause lots of gasps and 'aaahs' from the City faithful with some of the things he did, but I can't recall him ever being embarrassed by performing a bit of skill. Was gutted when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    I am a fan of Warnock. I like his style of play, the good old fashioned way.
    I would have to ask, who would we go for?
    It’s all good going for a young manager (it’s like a new fad!), we all want to have an “attacking” style but it’s not Cardiff is it? Investing in youth will be good, but not at this moment.
    This is Warnock’s master plan, getting relegated has lined our pockets and if we spend a little bit more (getting a midfield and striker). Becoming a yo-yo club is exactly what we need. After a couple yo-yos we will be good enough to stay in the prem by themselves.

I know Laura personally and she does know a lot about football. But it doesn’t mean she is right 100% of the time
    Sorry, but any "masterplan" that has us getting relegated is seriously flawed in my opinion - staying up would have "lined our pockets" even more.

Tell me, when is a good time for "investing in youth"?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sorry, but any "masterplan" that has us getting relegated is seriously flawed in my opinion - staying up would have "lined our pockets" even more.

Tell me, when is a good time for "investing in youth"?
    Assuming this isn't a rhetorical question, how about "when they get a bit older"