+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock - Stay or Go?

Neil Warnock - Stay or Go?

Re: Neil Warnock - Stay or Go?

Prof Laura McAllistair has a few allies on here, in fact she could well be a poster!
    I'm not one of them for the simple reason Nw was on a hiding to nothing from day one.

As has been said before many times in many threads, the issue is not just with the manager.

It’s a good article and I do agree with most of her points. I’d love to see city play more exciting attacking football. Watching wales has been a breath of fresh air.

But I think after all Warnock has achieved you can’t just kick him out. He’s done a great job on a relatively small budget and deserves another go.

"Offensive". As in "going on the offensive". Yes, please. Reproduce the intensity and attacking commitment displayed in the last 10 minutes at Fulham, throughout matches. If NW could change the mindset to offensive football (sounds a bit USA), then he should stay. The argument here being that this is not NW's way. Pretty it isn't but, at Championship level, pretty effective. However, we fail to build our youth structure effectively and are forever looking for the older player, the recovering injured and stop gaps to keep us going we won't become an established PL team. By Torquay you could tell it was going to be a very long season.
    A well written piece from someone who knows and understands the game. City's first female manager, maybe. Now that would be different.

I know Laura as a very passionate City fan , has added great value and effort to promote Welsh sport and life , her summary does make you think, she certainly more clued up than me .

The only thing in the article I disagree with working is wanting a young welsh manager and giving him 3 years.

We thought that’s what we were getting with Trollope and we have him 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The only thing in the article I disagree with working is wanting a young welsh manager and giving him 3 years.

I think, reading between the lines and how she subconsciously slips a name into the article, that she is advocating GIGGS for the job !!!!!

Just because she has done all of that and has a cbe does not mean that she knows bugger all about football, there are plenty of great players out there who have made terrible managers. I know a chap who has a hatful of degrees and is as thick as two short planks, i am not saying that she is, but at the end of the day it is an opinion and i have an opinion too and mine is she is talking rubbish cue the usual suspects to respond

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

And who remembers 'The Cardiff Way'? (Whatever it was meant to be)

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Just because she has done all of that and has a cbe does not mean that she knows bugger all about football, there are plenty of great players out there who have made terrible managers. I know a chap who has a hatful of degrees and is as thick as two short planks, i am not saying that she is, but at the end of the day it is an opinion and i have an opinion too and mine is she is talking rubbish cue the usual suspects to respond
    She's an ex football player you numpty. How can you say a person who's played the game knows nothing about it

Yes, the former captain of the Welsh national team knows bugger all about football....

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes, the former captain of the Welsh national team knows bugger all about football....
    Yep bloody good player ,she would run rings around most of us .

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    She's an ex football player you numpty. How can you say a person who's played the game knows nothing about it
    great players out there who have made terrible managers, shows how much they know about the game you are the numpty

great players out there who have made terrible managers, shows how much they know about the game you are the numpty
    So World Cup winning captain Bobby Moore knows nothing about football because he wasn't a good manager?

just cause someones welsh why should they be given a club job?

so they can give a rabble rousing speech about beating the english every week?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Having just read this article it doesn’t seem to have any sound reasoning to get rid of Neil Warnock other than a thinly veiled assessment that he is a footballing dinosaur who is an obstacle to the club being an inclusive, forward thinking, community outreach project. Ball players like Kavanagh, Ramsey or GABBIDON !!!

Come on, Gabbs was tidy enough but describing him as a ball player on par with Rambo??

A young manager (I assume under 30 and of snowflake mindset) who is ideally Welsh? Why? Do the top 6 have a local manager or do they have the best their money can buy?

She then trots out several younger managers who have been generally successful (to a point) as if you simply need visit the up and coming young bright thing aisle at Manager-R-Us.

She then rambles on incoherently before detailing how this has become much of a chore for her. Well, if seeing City try their luck against the best in the land in front of 30,000+ is a chore, then she is best off going to watch Bala Town where she can enjoy the experience so much more.

All in all, it seems to me that she is advocating her vision of the Cardiff City perfect for her, rather than for a manager best placed to deliver success for the many.

What a load of tosh !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    Having just read this article it doesn’t seem to have any sound reasoning to get rid of Neil Warnock other than a thinly veiled assessment that he is a footballing dinosaur who is an obstacle to the club being an inclusive, forward thinking, community outreach project. Ball players like Kavanagh, Ramsey or GABBIDON !!!

Come on, Gabbs was tidy enough but describing him as a ball player on par with Rambo??

A young manager (I assume under 30 and of snowflake mindset) who is ideally Welsh? Why? Do the top 6 have a local manager or do they have the best their money can buy?

She then trots out several younger managers who have been generally successful (to a point) as if you simply need visit the up and coming young bright thing aisle at Manager-R-Us.

She then rambles on incoherently before detailing how this has become much of a chore for her. Well, if seeing City try their luck against the best in the land in front of 30,000+ is a chore, then she is best off going to watch Bala Town where she can enjoy the experience so much more.

All in all, it seems to me that she is advocating her vision of the Cardiff City perfect for her, rather than for a manager best placed to deliver success for the many.

What a load of tosh !!!
    That is what I thought

What a load of tosh !!!
    She doesn’t say Gabbidon was on a par with Ramsey?!? However, he was comfortable on the ball, a lot more comfortable on the ball than any of our current defenders.

She makes a lot of valid points but hey “She’s a gurl, mun” so obviously can’t be taken seriously

A young manager (I assume under 30 and of snowflake mindset)
    ****ing hell

What a load of tosh !!!
    The fact that Laura McAllister can recognise Danny Gabbidon was a footballing defender and you cannot tends to suggest that her knowledge of the game is greater than yours.

Also, which one out of the top six clubs have a manager whose sides play football the way Neil Warnock teams do? You're inadvertently proving Laura's point!

Then to cap it all you use the word "snowflake" and reveal the real reason why you don't like the article.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    just cause someones welsh why should they be given a club job?

so they can give a rabble rousing speech about beating the english every week?
    Can't even do that every week, we play the jacks twice!!!

Keep him. 100%If he goes we will lose our team spirit and just be a bunch of average championship players.

We finish our highest position in my lifetime and it's not good enough for some. Well at least we are now spending within our means and Warnock fits like a glove. We've been the underdog for the past few years and now we are coming down with more quality in the side, and some confidence. I would expect us to be more attacking this time around in the championship.

If Warnock doesn’t stay then it will be no doubt down to Tan not proving the funds that Neil feels we need for a promotion campaign.

If the refusal to boost the transfer kitty is a sign that he is unwilling to fund the club, as opposed to just Warnock as the manager, then it could significantly reduce our candidate pool for a new manager and see us going back down the Trollope / Slade route

Tan has given Warnock plenty of money but he’s wasted it! However,I think getting relegated has saved Warnock because he is better in the Championship.Ironically, if we had stayed up, I think we would be looking for another manager, like Brighton!