+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulham wasn't it.

Fulham wasn't it.

It would be stupid to say that other results would definitely have turned out the same way if we'd gone to Fulham and won, but if you could pin our relegation down to one game, that has to be it.

Re: Fulham wasn't it.

That game plus the 3 points we should have won against Chelsea a few weeks ago. That would have given the squad a massive boosts going into the last few games.

Na, Chelski home

Yes Chelsea game knocked the stuffing out of us. But we could have beaten Fulham and Palace too. Such a shame.

Chelsea at home was crucial I was listening to the game on the radio and you looked pretty comfortable going into the final minutes of the game. The equaliser was appalling officiating and the rest is history.....
    To come away with nothing from that game was a big kick in the balls.

Yeh that was a crap ref.But glad you stayed up see you next season.

The home defeat to Burnley when we battered them.

Decisions that went against us against Chelsea.

Not beating 10-man Huddersfield.

The Fulham game I think feels that way as it was during the business end but there were other opportunities.

Two Huddersfield games. Burnley home. Fulham away. We could’ve been safe before today..

Everton at home - going once.
    Chelsea at home - going twice.
    Fulham away - gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

The Fulham game I think feels that way as it was during the business end but there were other opportunities.
    The fact it was so late in the season makes it the game for me (I did say the one game you can pin our relegation down to) - it was not only that it was such a blow, it also boosted Brighton.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Two Huddersfield games. Burnley home. Fulham away. We could’ve been safe before today..
    The Huddersfield game at home was a point gained in my opinion, they battered us and we got away with the penalty decision. It was our negativity at Craven Cottage for me, we’d recently beaten Brighton & those extra 3 points may have broken them, as it was our defeat seemed to galvanise them.

Relegated by Pawson/Smart, NFQAT

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Relegated by Pawson/Smart, NFQAT
    Who do they play for?

Fuham, Chelsea, Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The fact it was so late in the season makes it the game for me (I did say the one game you can pin our relegation down to) - it was not only that it was such a blow, it also boosted Brighton.
    Yes, fair enough. But perhaps there were opportunities to be going into that game ahead of Brighton rather than chasing them which could have turned the screw even more after we won at their place. All ifs and buts I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    We were very lucky against Huddersfield at home.

This + Newcastle vs 10.

Mostly that Burnley game though.

And probably not investing In a better squad.

Felt the last three transfer windows smacked of panic, last minute or second best signings.

We do need to look at our scouting system methods if we are to move on , that includes spending more on young talent , who can step up, or pressure the first team squad.

All these but if we had approached the Fulham game as we did today, not easy psychologically I know, we would have dine it also

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And probably not investing In a better squad.

Felt the last three transfer windows smacked of panic, last minute or second best signings.

We do need to look at our scouting system methods if we are to move on , that includes spending more on young talent , who can step up, or pressure the first team squad.

Madine was a waste,, but Arter and cam proved to be great I reckon. Would love to keep one of them....

Fulham was an opportunity lost but for me it was Chelsea. What a huge boost that would have been a what a kick in the teeth for BHA.

What about Palace at home last week? That would have clinched it.

City won today 'cos we're no longer a Premier League club as of last week. Warnock sucks in the Premier League but we're a Championship club again, as a result Neil has his promotion mojo back.

We're going up, lads!

Lack of investment and lack of quality cost us. Not refereeing and linesman’s decisions.

Chelsea because of the way we were cheated.

Fulham because warnock got everything wrong that day when they were there for the taking.