+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That front 4 today

Re: That front 4 today

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Warnock managed it previously, but he clearly needs more than the handful of minutes he got this season to be able to perform at his best
    Warnock managed it briefly but it couldn't be sustained, if it could it would have been. There's a reason he didn't get enough minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree, especially in the first half, we actually had players making runs which opened the game up and it gave us options, that's been lacking on so many occasions this season, i've actually felt sorry for our midfield at times as they've had to stick to that rigid three in the middle. We took it to them and we also defended well. What i did notice is that our defending looked a little more composed, maybe it was because they had that little more space infront of them. Moment of the day for me was Manga taking the piss in the first half, he was a lucky boy to get away with it. On a more serious note, maybe we should've played a bit more like that throughout the season, we did it against Wolves and to a lesser degree at Leicester away.
    I was laughing afterwards but if we'd conceeded then, I would have been fuming and Warnock would have killed him.

I thoroughly enjoyed Pogba falling over too. Reid really impressed again, he actually shows movement off the ball. He's going to be such a big player for us next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I was laughing afterwards but if we'd conceeded then, I would have been fuming and Warnock would have killed him.

I thoroughly enjoyed Pogba falling over too. Reid really impressed again, he actually shows movement off the ball. He's going to be such a big player for us next season.
    The more I see of Reid the more convinced I am that he was a good signing. He just doesn't run straight lines, his movement is the best at the club by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Bob, with respect, I think this "target man" way of thinking is outdated. We need pacey strikers with good movement up front.
    I think we can guarantee that we'll be playing with a targetman type striker next season if Neil Warnock is still our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The more I see of Reid the more convinced I am that he was a good signing. He just doesn't run straight lines, his movement is the best at the club by a country mile.
    All we need now is someone on the pitch who notices them .

I've said it before but I just don't think Ken is a natural striker, he looked better when switching positions with the other 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk and Wales-Bales View Post
    We need to keep zohore and very occasionally get the best out of him.

Zohore is an expensive passenger who should be dropped off. NML puts in a shift and worthy of his place. Hoilett is a big question. Murphy and Reid look good.