+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That front 4 today

That front 4 today

Mendez laing
    Reid
    Murphy
    Zohore

Is that the first time we have seen them together?

Would we have ever seen them together had we needed something today?

Surely that attacking unit with decent back up (hoilet etc) is good enough to be competitive in the championship?

I know everyone is saying we need to move away from warnock and employee someone who wants us to play like paul trollope wanted us to- but i think we do have some players who can entertain. I look forward to seeing them next season. My biggest regret is the fulham and palace games which we just did not show for. Neil should have backed what got us here.

Re: That front 4 today

Zohore needs to move on, we need better, jmo..

Really, if Ken keeps up the standard he produced today I’d be well happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Mendez laing
    Reid
    Murphy
    Zohore

Surely that attacking unit with decent back up (hoilet etc) is good enough to be competitive in the championship?

I know everyone is saying we need to move away from warnock and employee someone who wants us to play like paul trollope wanted us to- but i think we do have some players who can entertain. I look forward to seeing them next season. My biggest regret is the fulham and palace games which we just did not show for. Neil should have backed what got us here.
    I don't think anyone has been asking for someone to get us playing like Trollope did.

I don't think we have enough strikers to just bin Zohore off.

Besides, he does alright in the Championship. Once he bags a brace against Blackburn the confidence will come flooding back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think anyone has been asking for someone to get us playing like Trollope did.
    Well not by naming him- but the style he tried to implement (remember the 2 number 10s and kadeem harris as a wing back?) is the kind of thing people are asking for.

Mendez laing
    Reid
    Murphy
    Zohore

It is good enough and that includes Ken. He was brilliant today. Another striker, and Ward and we're in business I think.

Well not by naming him- but the style he tried to implement (remember the 2 number 10s and kadeem harris as a wing back?) is the kind of thing people are asking for.
    Really? I just thought some fans want to see us keep the ball a bit better and show a little more flair, rather than hoof the ball forward most of the time.

I think Ken can rip the championship up next season. I just hope we keep Reid and Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Really? I just thought some fans want to see us keep the ball a bit better and show a little more flair, rather than hoof the ball forward most of the time.
    Yup, that's certainly the case from my point of view.

Ken was brilliant today. As was Bacuna which really surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, that's certainly the case from my point of view.
    We did that today as well, we actually tried to play with the 3 behind the striker. We can do it, I just hope we see more of it next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We did that today as well, we actually tried to play with the 3 behind the striker. We can do it, I just hope we see more of it next season.
    Agree, especially in the first half, we actually had players making runs which opened the game up and it gave us options, that's been lacking on so many occasions this season, i've actually felt sorry for our midfield at times as they've had to stick to that rigid three in the middle. We took it to them and we also defended well. What i did notice is that our defending looked a little more composed, maybe it was because they had that little more space infront of them. Moment of the day for me was Manga taking the piss in the first half, he was a lucky boy to get away with it. On a more serious note, maybe we should've played a bit more like that throughout the season, we did it against Wolves and to a lesser degree at Leicester away.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Ken was brilliant today. As was Bacuna which really surprised me.
    I think Zohore looked average, nothing to suggest he should be kept. I think the thing with Zohore is that we have lowered our expectations of him so much over the course of the last few seasons that if he does manage to do something right we go overboard about it.
    We need to keep Murphy, if we play him with Reid and Mendez-Laing we'll will have a great outlet to counter-attack sides next season and keep the opposition's defenders honest.
    I thought Bacuna had a decent game.

Warnock needs to off-load Zohore, Ward, Healey, Madine and Boggle and bring in two new forwards, two midfielders (possibly three) and a right-back.
    It's easy to get caught up in the emotions of a brilliant and unexpected win at Old Trafford, however, Warnock needs to cast sentiment aside and be brutally honest that the forementioned players cannot be relied upon over the duration of a season.

If Warnock has an Achillies' heel, it's being too faithful to some of his players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think Zohore looked average, nothing to suggest he should be kept. I think the thing with Zohore is that we have lowered our expectations of him so much over the course of the last few seasons that if he does manage to do something right we go overboard about it.
    We need to keep Murphy, if we play him with Reid and Mendez-Laing we'll will have a great outlet to counter-attack sides next season and keep the opposition's defenders honest.
    I thought Bacuna had a decent game.

Warnock needs to off-load Zohore, Ward, Healey, Madine and Boggle and bring in two new forwards, two midfielders (possibly three) and a right-back.
    It's easy to get caught up in the emotions of a brilliant and unexpected win at Old Trafford, however, Warnock needs to cast sentiment aside and be brutally honest that the forementioned players cannot be relied upon over the duration of a season.

If Warnock has an Achillies' heel, it's being too faithful to some of his players.
    spot on

We need to keep zohore and get the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We need to keep zohore and occasionally get the best out of him.

Hoilett was the teacher's pet.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    I don't think we have enough strikers to just bin Zohore off.

Besides, he does alright in the Championship. Once he bags a brace against Blackburn the confidence will come flooding back.

We don't need someone who just "does alright" - we need someone who does good/very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We need to keep zohore and get the best out of him.
    Who can that person be then that will get the best out of Zohore? Because Warnock has tried without success.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think Ken can rip the championship up next season. I just hope we keep Reid and Murphy.
    I admire your optimism, I wish I could say I share it.

We don't need someone who just "does alright" - we need someone who does good/very good.
    Is Zohore under contract for next year? Big difference between whether he's done enough to get a new deal and what the question seems to be about whether we should keep him. Any decision made should acknowledge that we're likely to have numerous changes before the start of the summer with loan players leaving and established faces such as Gunnarson too.

Who can that person be then that will get the best out of Zohore? Because Warnock has tried without success.
    Warnock managed it previously, but he clearly needs more than the handful of minutes he got this season to be able to perform at his best

Zohore playing to the standard he showed yesterday would do fine in the Championship, but we've seen enough in the more than three years he has been with us to know that there's no guarantee that's what we'd get - I'd keep him, but we need more than him, Madine, Bogle etc as target man type strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Zohore playing to the standard he showed yesterday would do fine in the Championship, but we've seen enough in the more than three years he has been with us to know that there's no guarantee that's what we'd get - I'd keep him, but we need more than him, Madine, Bogle etc as target man type strikers.
    Bob, with respect, I think this "target man" way of thinking is outdated. We need pacey strikers with good movement up front.