+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brighton sack Hughton

Re: Brighton sack Hughton

Quote Originally Posted by adam72 View Post
    You have no idea.

As for a small club. Come back when you constantly average 25k or more in the Championship. Not many clubs can
    We are comfortable a medium size club or more. Avearge over 30k, with 8k on the waiting list. If the Amex held 40k we would get that most matches.
    I wasn't comparing cock sizes,honest

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    yes thought we should grab him a while back ,builds good sides with a bit of flair .

Would we get Trollope back as well though ?
    I'd have no problem with Trollope coming back, as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by adam72 View Post
    Probably the most sensible post on this thread.
    I'm not surprised to see people reel off the old "be careful what you wish for" whenever a manager is sacked. He was doing the same thing to Norwich before they eventually got rid (and ultimately relegated).

He's a good Championship manager and imo nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I'm not surprised to see people reel off the old "be careful what you wish for" whenever a manager is sacked. He was doing the same thing to Norwich before they eventually got rid (and ultimately relegated).

He's a good Championship manager and imo nothing more.
    Very much like our Manager then?

If Brighton appoint Potter could Swansea do worse than appoint Hughton?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Which one?
    If West Brom don't win the Play Offs I can see a vacancy there and as Potter was born in Solihull and played for the Baggies, I think an offer to manage them would be very attractive to him.

Other possibilities might be Newcastle if Benitez goes or even Manchester United in time. The thing about Potter at the club where he is at the moment is that no one is going to blame him if the jacks are struggling at the bottom of the Championship next season - everyone will be blaming the American "investors". Potter had a good reputation before he was appointed at Swansea and has enhanced it this season, he'll get other offers from the Premier League or the top end of the Championship in time I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If West Brom don't win the Play Offs I can see a vacancy there and as Potter was born in Solihull and played for the Baggies, I think an offer to manage them would be very attractive to him.

Other possibilities might be Newcastle if Benitez goes or even Manchester United in time. The thing about Potter at the club where he is at the moment is that no one is going to blame him if the jacks are struggling at the bottom of the Championship next season - everyone will be blaming the American "investors". Potter had a good reputation before he was appointed at Swansea and has enhanced it this season, he'll get other offers from the Premier League or the top end of the Championship in time I'm sure.
    Manchester United?! I thought we were discussing jobs that Potter could be offered 'shortly'.

No one will blame him if Swansea struggle next season, but it won't enhance his reputation, which is at a high right now. I'll be genuinely amazed if Brighton offer him the job and he turns it down.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Manchester United?! I thought we were discussing jobs that Potter could be offered 'shortly'.

No one will blame him if Swansea struggle next season, but it won't enhance his reputation, which is at a high right now. I'll be genuinely amazed if Brighton offer him the job and he turns it down.
    While I don't think Potter is going to Manchester United any time soon I can see a scenario where Pochettino replaces Ole, Howe replaces Pochettino and then Bournemouth job frees up. I think managers just stepping into a market would probably want a few basic ingredients to give them the best chance of success (similar playing style, similar culture at the club, support of the chairman) and that, to me looking from the outside, is far more likely to be Bournemouth for Potter than it is Newcastle or Brighton as the other names mentioned. What about Crystal Palace though? Roy Hodgson isn't going on forever and Palace may see Potter as too good to turn down now.

I'm desperate for Jacks to keep him at least one more year as it's their best appointment in 8 years and selling anything that moves leaves a club needing a strong manager to survive.

Brighton did very well last season. However this season were extremely fortunate.

If you look at their points tally halfway through the season they looked comfortable. However, if you looked at the games they won in that part they were fortunate, I think they won 3 on the bounce 1-0 and whilst their defense isn't bad, when u look atvthose results they were very fortunate to win them.

I wasn't surprised to see them drop and it wasn't surprising that they had such a good conversion rate with chances because looking at them and us, I thought we were the better performers in games.

They just got over the line but I don't think they deserved it, however this is football and sometimes you get lucky (Our title winning season we had tons of luck).

Hughton spent money and the team went backwards, I wouldn't have been surprised to see them go down and I think it's a big job for someone.