+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brighton sack Hughton

Brighton sack Hughton

Breaking news

Re: Brighton sack Hughton

Makes sense. If they kept him next year they were going down for sure, appalling side

Always knew he was going to be sacked after their awful 2nd half to the season.
    Unfortunately for us he is a very effective manager in the Championship and shouldn’t have a problem finding another club this Summer.

They dropped like a stone for the entire second half of the season, and Cardiff failed to capitalize on it.

Fortunate to survive this season, saved by Fulham severely under performing, Huddersfield bubble bursting and Cardiff failing to take the initiative in the final run out.

I would happily take Hughton down here should Neil decide to step away, he's done a fantastic job.

Swansea's Graham Potter is the 1/8 fav to take over.

Well that's something I didn't see coming...

I read, and believed, a season preview back in August which said that Brighton had the best recruitment network in the Premier League - the writer based this on the signings of Gross and Propper who had been instrumental in keeping them in the Premier League in 17/18 and had not cost much by the standards of the division. Nine months later such a claim looks a very hollow one - Brighton bought disastrously last summer and it seems that Hughton is carrying the can for that.

Although the football we played would be pretty defensive, I wouldn't be too unhappy with Hughton being our manager - he's definitely a very good manager at Championship level and I feel he has been an unlucky one in the Premier League.

Not sure if I'd want to go to Brighton if I was Graham Potter, I feel he can do better than them if he hangs on for a while.

They were lucky that the bottom three were so poor this season. Any other season and they’d have been down

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    They were lucky that the bottom three were so poor this season. Any other season and they’d have been down
    But that could be said about last season too so they must have something about them - both good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I read, and believed, a season preview back in August which said that Brighton had the best recruitment network in the Premier League - the writer based this on the signings of Gross and Propper who had been instrumental in keeping them in the Premier League in 17/18 and had not cost much by the standards of the division. Nine months later such a claim looks a very hollow one - Brighton bought disastrously last summer and it seems that Hughton is carrying the can for that.

Although the football we played would be pretty defensive, I wouldn't be too unhappy with Hughton being our manager - he's definitely a very good manager at Championship level and I feel he has been an unlucky one in the Premier League.

Not sure if I'd want to go to Brighton if I was Graham Potter, I feel he can do better than them if he hangs on for a while.
    Why would Potter hang on at Swansea if he's offered a job in the Premier League? They're probably going to sell their best players this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

Looks like a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    They dropped like a stone for the entire second half of the season, and Cardiff failed to capitalize on it.

Fortunate to survive this season, saved by Fulham severely under performing, Huddersfield bubble bursting and Cardiff failing to take the initiative in the final run out.
    ...and that succinctly sums up the season.

Meltdown down West incoming

Chris Wathan and others reporting talks are ongoing. Bad news down West.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I would happily take Hughton down here should Neil decide to step away, he's done a fantastic job.
    yes thought we should grab him a while back ,builds good sides with a bit of flair .

Would we get Trollope back as well though ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    yes thought we should grab him a while back ,builds good sides with a bit of flair .

Would we get Trollope back as well though ?
    They didn't exhibit much flair last season.

Foreign managers seem to have a much better promotion rate from the championship than UK ones

I think they'll regret sacking him and I'd bet his replacement is sacked by christmas.Did a good job at a small club on a limited budget.I don't think he'll out of a job long if he so chooses.Well regarded by his peers.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why would Potter hang on at Swansea if he's offered a job in the Premier League? They're probably going to sell their best players this summer.
    Because another one will be along shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Because another one will be along shortly.
    Which one?

Great, he saved their arses this season, league 1 beckons for them.....

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I think they'll regret sacking him and I'd bet his replacement is sacked by christmas.Did a good job at a small club on a limited budget.I don't think he'll out of a job long if he so chooses.Well regarded by his peers.
    Don't think this at all. At their current rate they looked nailed on for relegation next season, when we played them at the Amex I was shocked that they were above us. Their is something like 2 wins in 23 games, that's sack able at any club

Their owners didn't build a flashy stadium just to scrap at the bottom of the table and playing dour football. Why not take a chance and be ambitious?

It was their lack of injuries in the first season in the top flight that meant they survived.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    You have no idea.

As for a small club. Come back when you constantly average 25k or more in the Championship. Not many clubs can
    We are comfortable a medium size club or more. Avearge over 30k, with 8k on the waiting list. If the Amex held 40k we would get that most matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Don't think this at all. At their current rate they looked nailed on for relegation next season, when we played them at the Amex I was shocked that they were above us. Their is something like 2 wins in 23 games, that's sack able at any club

Their owners didn't build a flashy stadium just to scrap at the bottom of the table and playing dour football. Why not take a chance and be ambitious?
    Probably the most sensible post on this thread.

Didn’t Hughton apply either for Malky or Ole’s job but with another clubs logo on his PowerPoint slides? Although it may be as true as carl’s Hotline to Tan to tell him not to appoint Alan Shearer!