+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City players wanted by Prem clubs?

City players wanted by Prem clubs?

There may be a few on the radar despite our relegation.
    Etheridge has proved a great shot stopper although his distribution lets him down.
    NML blows hot and cold but on his day a match for any full back, and can score.
    Murphy tricky winger with an a eye for goal.
    Can see all 3 being on the radar of lower table Prem clubs.

Re: City players wanted by Prem clubs?

Hadnt forgotten about Manga who may be destined for a move back to France.

Murphy the only one I think, but I would bet on him staying. Etheridge cannot kick and NML can take an age for him to get the ball under control. I'm obviously focusing on the negatives but they won't be cheap and Prem clubs will probably feel there's better value elsewhere. Manga is staying, isn't he?

I'd be amazed if any of our players made to the Premier with the exception of maybe Etheridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Murphy the only one I think, but I would bet on him staying. Etheridge cannot kick and NML can take an age for him to get the ball under control. I'm obviously focusing on the negatives but they won't be cheap and Prem clubs will probably feel there's better value elsewhere. Manga is staying, isn't he?
    Understand City have 12month option with Manga. What i meant was, if he goes it won't be to a Prem club, it will be back to France.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd be amazed if any of our players made to the Premier with the exception of maybe Etheridge.
    He almost cost us a goal yesterday with yet another wayward clearance. There is no way that a Premier League team will want him.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Understand City have 12month option with Manga. What i meant was, if he goes it won't be to a Prem club, it will be back to France.
    According to WOL, we've triggered options on him and Jazz Richards.

CardiffCitySince1927

Etheridge - second keeper for a top 6 side maybe or a good keeper for a newly promoted side
    Manga - versatile, playing well at both full back and centre back. Can see him going to France or a Brighton
    Paterson - cover for any side. He’ll do a job anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Etheridge - second keeper for a top 6 side maybe or a good keeper for a newly promoted side
    Manga - versatile, playing well at both full back and centre back. Can see him going to France or a Brighton
    Agree with the first two. Etheridge has natural ability.

Manga, well... difficult to say exactly what his strengths are, but the kind of player you want in the trenches with you. Not for a team looking to get a top half finish, but more suited to a team looking to dig in and survive.

Paterson will always be no more than a good Championship squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    I hope City sort out where Paterson fits before next season. He is NOT a striker

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I hope City sort out where Paterson fits before next season. He is NOT a striker
    He's not an anything. I'd have him in my squad, and I'd love him in the trenches but he can't defend, he isn't disciplined enough for centre mid, he isn't a striker and he's too slow out wide. His best position is behind a striker, but you have to play a certain way to accomodate him.

He's not an anything. I'd have him in my squad, and I'd love him in the trenches but he can't defend, he isn't disciplined enough for centre mid, he isn't a striker and he's too slow out wide. His best position is behind a striker, but you have to play a certain way to accomodate him.
    It should depend on the opposition where he plays and if he starts or appears on the bench.

He wont need to in a better club as hoofing it up the pitch and hoping for your player to get on the end of is it is garbage.

CardiffCitySince1927

I said this at the start of last season (is he good enough?) and I was proved 100% wrong. Every player is going to have downfalls. He cannot defend meaning defence is out the option, midfield would be fine for him I think especially when we have 2 players who can play midfield, and one of them in Bacuna. He will fit in somewhere, he always does. He is a heart which sums up the team, no matter where you stick us, we’ll try and do the job the best we can

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He almost cost us a goal yesterday with yet another wayward clearance. There is no way that a Premier League team will want him.
    Not all teams have possession in the final third and end up passing the ball back to the goalie expecting him to hoof it forward. It might help if he could trap the ball and pass it out to a defender. He actually made a few nice throws against Man Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This is correct - none of them have show prolonged ability to play at that level, bar possibly Etheridge.