+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Money is really killng football ground atmosphere

Money is really killng football ground atmosphere

Not a problem in the football league.

Chelsea Arsenal Man Utd. And even Liverpool until they got to 3-1 against us.

Their fans who come from everywhere really do have

No songs
    No chants
    No passion unless winning
    No soul
    No connection with each other.

Cardiff are a great club to support. Lucky to be born there.

Re: Money is really killng football ground atmosphere

Yes I agree in part, but you also have to consider that beating Cardiff city 3-1 isn't likely to be a highlight of the season.
    The Liverpool crowd in the Barcelona game was noisy enough.

Those clubs also have a high number of football tourists at any given game, who aren't even plastic fans but just go along out if interest.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Not a problem in the football league.

Chelsea Arsenal Man Utd. And even Liverpool until they got to 3-1 against us.

Their fans who come from everywhere really do have

No songs
    No chants
    No passion unless winning
    No soul
    No connection with each other.

Cardiff are a great club to support. Lucky to be born there.
    You're generalising. I saw plenty of passion just recently amongst Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal supporters.

The higher the ticket price the more likely fans will see it as a performance to entertain an audience rather than a game where home advantage can have an impact? The more money you can spend the more you feel that regular opposition are small fry, should be beaten, and fans only need to wake up for big games like European nights? The more likely you are to cut out fans of an age or mindset who will sing throughout?

Take money out of the equation - for the big clubs around Europe, thousands who aren't "fans" go to watch matches as tourists. This obviously doesn't help the atmosphere.

I bet there were 10,000 in the home end yesterday who went for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Take money out of the equation - for the big clubs around Europe, thousands who aren't "fans" go to watch matches as tourists. This obviously doesn't help the atmosphere.

I bet there were 10,000 in the home end yesterday who went for the first time.
    In fairness I’ve only been there twice.
    First time I’ve seen us win there too.

There were certainly many who had never seen United before in the home sections.

Even after the game I can’t tell you where their real passionate following were.
    On the beach? At Blackpool ?

At least at the CCS we have the Canton End.
    I still hate the drums though

I still miss Ninian Park. Falling down, uncomfortable but steeped with history and so many memories and now a housing estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I still miss Ninian Park. Falling down, uncomfortable but steeped with history and so many memories and now a housing estate.
    Soon we will have safe standing back and atmospheres will return like they have in Germany etc....the noise at the Amsterdam arena last week v spurs puts us all to shame.....awesome

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Soon we will have safe standing back and atmospheres will return like they have in Germany etc....the noise at the Amsterdam arena last week v spurs puts us all to shame.....awesome
    I was going to post something similar. I've been to games at Holland, Germany & Spain and in each case the atmosphere was far better than anything I've witnessed in the UK. Predominantly because the whole home crowd act as one, you can't say that about Cardiff where the Canton & part of the Ninian create the sound, in Europe it's 360 degree sound with all fans & acting and singing together.

Someone asked me a few days ago what's the best Premier League ground for atmosphere & I struggled for an answer then & now. Wolves & Leicester would probably top my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I was going to post something similar. I've been to games at Holland, Germany & Spain and in each case the atmosphere was far better than anything I've witnessed in the UK. Predominantly because the whole home crowd act as one, you can't say that about Cardiff where the Canton & part of the Ninian create the sound, in Europe it's 360 degree sound with all fans & acting and singing together.

Someone asked me a few days ago what's the best Premier League ground for atmosphere & I struggled for an answer then & now. Wolves & Leicester would probably top my list.
    The Ajax fans behind the one goal seemed like a throwback to the 80’s, noisy, many topless and all young men. Created a right noise, proper support. Seen similar a few years ago at Bilbao too. Sky try and make out some grounds are noisy but they generally aren’t anymore. Sanitised clappers staring at mobile phones morelike

i think crystal palace have bucked the trend

copying the European ultras .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IaXxZ6Vlzw

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The Man Utd fans behind the goal next to us on Sunday were all standing. Not sure if that can be detected on the TV. I pointed it out to my lad during the game.