+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How accurate is our figure?

How accurate is our figure?

If so we will need to make savings. Look at Fulham and Huddersfield numbers? Fulham have a big problem ahead.34B0119D-6292-4231-8A6C-AF7E76327923.jpg

Re: How accurate is our figure?

Either i am getting old or that is unreadable!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    If so we will need to make savings. Look at Fulham and Huddersfield numbers? Fulham have a big problem ahead.34B0119D-6292-4231-8A6C-AF7E76327923.jpg
    https://twitter.com/sportingintel/st...068421634?s=21

According to someone on the thread, we have a squad of 28, which is a wage bill of about £27 million.
    High but that wouldn't be the highest in the championship this season by some distance

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    According to someone on the thread, we have a squad of 28, which is a wage bill of about £27 million.
    High but that wouldn't be the highest in the championship this season by some distance
    Liverpool spent £44m on agents fees, and Warnock said our wage bill was £11m less - so we can be pretty confident our wage bill is £33m.

Looking in more detail, our wage bill (minus promotion bonuses) for the promotion season was about £27 million, so i very much doubt that these figures are accurate

If the current squad have relegation clauses written into their contracts then the burden will be eased. I have heard this rumoured but do not know if it is true.

Depending on who goes up, and how many fans turn up next year you would expect with the parachute payments that our income would be one of the top 6 in the division (could do with getting rid of villa or Leeds in that respect).
    So long as not too much of the income is tied up in no longer performing players, which I don't see why it should be, then we at least should give ourselves a good chance of being competitive

Have we got any big earners who won’t be contributing??

Tomlin maybe
    Bamba if still injured, but I doubt he’d be out for long.
    Madine perhaps.. but probably on his way.

Ken maybe, but again I fancy him to do well next year.

Top earners are probably Hoillet, Morrison, Reid, Murphy, Manga..

All of which I’d expect to play a big part next year.

Overall not to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If the current squad have relegation clauses written into their contracts then the burden will be eased. I have heard this rumoured but do not know if it is true.
    How does that work then?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    How does that work then?
    I'm sure Dalman himself mentioned that most had contracts that saw their salaries go up on promotion, but back down on relegation. I think 20% is quite common.

I do wonder though - even when earning silly money, some characters may be less driven if they see their salaries going back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    I'm sure Dalman himself mentioned that most had contracts that saw their salaries go up on promotion, but back down on relegation. I think 20% is quite common.

I do wonder though - even when earning silly money, some characters may be less driven if they see their salaries going back down.
    West Brom had a an average 40% clause for playing staff and reductions back to previous wage less inflation for non-playing.