+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Optimism

Optimism

I just watched Warnock's post match press conference and he spent a lot of time alluding to how he was meeting the Choo and Dalman to discuss how the club should be moved forward with the long term prospects in mind.

It's refreshing to hear Warnock talking like this and he mentioned more than once how he was talking about the 'whole club'.

Unfortunately some aspects of our club remain incredibly amateur and fair play to Warnock for even taking interest in the club for many years after he's gone.

Re: Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I just watched Warnock's post match press conference and he spent a lot of time alluding to how he was meeting the Choo and Dalman to discuss how the club should be moved forward with the long term prospects in mind.

It's refreshing to hear Warnock talking like this and he mentioned more than once how he was talking about the 'whole club'.

Unfortunately some aspects of our club remain incredibly amateur and fair play to Warnock for even taking interest in the club for many years after he's gone.
    I was also encouraged to hear Rob Phillips say that he believes Neil Warnock realises that his approach to management is pretty unique these days and so he feels that the club should consider someone with a wider and less tactically restricted approach rather looking for a straight replacement for him. I also heard Rob Phillips say that he understands there will be a bit more money available for spending on the team this summer.

You mean this never happened when he joined us, and then revisited again when we were planning for the Premier League, and all possible outcomes?

We really are a basket case of a club!

I'm really looking forward to next season, and the summer. We need to try and use this relegation to drag the rest of the club into 2019; and with our current squad and a few clever signings I see no reason why we can't. We have made massive strides under Warnock and we need to continue that at all levels.

Strange we've not heard anything about Bellamy for months.

I always felt that our club had room for improvement (like most clubs, to be fair) but in what way exactly are we amateur?
    Many fans are saying we are now a well run club, so which is it?

International

The most encouraging thing for me was him saying Mrs W loves it here and doesn't want to go anywhere. She's the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The most encouraging thing for me was him saying Mrs W loves it here and doesn't want to go anywhere. She's the boss.
    ..behind every great man there's a great woman.