+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man City interested in City youngster.

Man City interested in City youngster.

Have we seen the summer's most unlikely transfer rumour on the day after the old season ended?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/e...-cardiff-city/

Re: Man City interested in City youngster.

Oh dear

Isn’t he a bit old ( 20 ) if he’s that good?

Hopefully he becomes a regular first team player for City next year - Cardiff City that is!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Hopefully he becomes a regular first team player for City next year - Cardiff City that is!
    If he is that good why haven’t we been playing him especially instead of our centre back Manga!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    If he is that good why haven’t we been playing him especially instead of our centre back Manga!
    I thought Coxe was a right back ?
    If that’s the case start playing him. It is a position we have needed to fill for some time.

I thought they were banned from signing youngsters? Or was that Chelsea?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Manga has done very well this season??

He's definately not a Warnock type of player, as that article says he needs developing. We are more likely to sign a 33 year old journeyman on a 5-year contract.

He obviously isn't that good or Warnock would have played him

Warnock give a youngster a game? Don't be daft.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I thought they were banned from signing youngsters? Or was that Chelsea?
    No its Chelsea. Man city and all premier clubs cannot sign players under a certain age unless they live i think it's 100 miles from man city stadium as he is 20 I cannot see why they cannot sign him!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I thought Coxe was a right back ?
    If that’s the case start playing him. It is a position we have needed to fill for some time.
    He can play on either side as a full back or wing back, but he's probably more effective on the right.

Coxe is a modern day full back with the stamina and strength to get up and down his side of the pitch for ninety minutes and, as such, doesn't strike me as the sort of player our manager prefers to have in that position.

I'm a fan of Coxe and believe that he should have had more first team experience by now, but it does surprise me that no one seems to have come in to take him on loan - with it being nearly two years since his sole first team appearance, there has to be a real danger of him stagnating in his early twenties at Cardiff just like so many others have done.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He can play on either side as a full back or wing back, but he's probably more effective on the right.

Coxe is a modern day full back with the stamina and strength to get up and down his side of the pitch for ninety minutes and, as such, doesn't strike me as the sort of player our manager prefers to have in that position.

I'm a fan of Coxe and believe that he should have had more first team experience by now, but it does surprise me that no one seems to have come in to take him on loan - with it being nearly two years since his sole first team appearance, there has to be a real danger of him stagnating in his early twenties at Cardiff just like so many others have done.
    It's now or never for him. I just don't think this story adds up, unless the club have blocked loan approaches how can Man City rate him while L1/2 clubs not want him on loan? If it is true, hopefully he gets given a shot in pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If he goes to Man City without us giving him a chance I'll be mightily cheesed off. I hope he stays and we give him a crack next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If he goes to Man City without us giving him a chance I'll be mightily cheesed off. I hope he stays and we give him a crack next season.
    Yes, I see from that article that "Those inside the Wales Under-21s camp believe the full-back is more than capable of performing to at least a Championship standard".

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Manga has done very well this season??
    Not at right back, he is a centre back?

Wouldn’t be surprised if he featured next season

The WOL article about Neil staying mentions buying a new right back, why not give Coxe a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The WOL article about Neil staying mentions buying a new right back, why not give Coxe a chance?
    Because he does not trust youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Exactly.

There was an interesting interview with Stuart Webber, the technical director of Norwich the other day.
    Amongst other things he said that he prefers young players, as where an experienced player will run around an obstacle, young guys will run through walls for you.
    He went on to say that given the nature of the championship, most of the teams who go up have the same approach - unless you have a special manager like Neil Warnock, who does it with older guys.

He's an interesting character, was at Huddersfield in recruitment when they went up, and is now strongly linked with a move to Southampton.
    I think it is definitely a role that we really need to push on and fill

There is every chance that he will be used next season, maybe it is the perfect chance, division and timing for him to get in the squad and force himself in.
    I don't buy into Warnock not playing him due to his age. If he feels he can trust the lad to take care of the responsibilities put on a player given the game plan and position he takes on the field then he will play him.
    Warnock is all about responsibility on the pitch over imagination or flair. If the lad can perform the job asked of him then he will play, that is first and foremost. If he is capable of doing that then he will have the chance to showcase the more enterprising assets to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
    There is every chance that he will be used next season, maybe it is the perfect chance, division and timing for him to get in the squad and force himself in.
    I don't buy into Warnock not playing him due to his age. If he feels he can trust the lad to take care of the responsibilities put on a player given the game plan and position he takes on the field then he will play him.
    Warnock is all about responsibility on the pitch over imagination or flair. If the lad can perform the job asked of him then he will play, that is first and foremost. If he is capable of doing that then he will have the chance to showcase the more enterprising assets to his game.
    There are some talented youngsters at the Club but our Young Player of the Year was Callum Paterson who is nearly 25.
    Neil has many qualities but trusting youngsters, no matter how talented, isn't one of them.