+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man Utd player ratings (from the MEN) - Pogba called 'feckless'

Man Utd player ratings (from the MEN) - Pogba called 'feckless'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...tings-16263275

Brutal:

David de Gea

Easily beaten from the penalty spot again but made a fine save from Josh Murphy to keep the scoreline at 1-0 at the interval. 5

Diogo Dalot

Unfortunate to give away a penalty for a tame tackle. Provided a fine cross for Mason Greenwood early on but otherwise failed to make a difference. 4

Chris Smalling

His infamous distribution was showcased time and again. In an axis with Jones, United were deprived of an expert passer of the ball. 3

Phil Jones

Pulled from pillar to post before he came off at half-time. Whether injured or not, it marked an apt end to an unfulfilling season. 2

Ashley Young

The singing section chanted his name but a dismal free-kick into touch generated some boos. His poor form continued. 3

Scott McTominay

Never short of endeavour in a game where he spent the second-half at centre-back. Got caught out for the second goal by being outmuscled. 4

Andreas Pereira

Had the freedom to be creative but did not express himself in a capable manner. Might not be cut out for this level. 3

Paul Pogba

There was a smattering of boos after his ostentatious backheel rolled into the Cardiff goalkeeper's path. Another feckless performance. 2

Jesse Lingard

Just not at it again and seemed to need four or five touches. For such a forward-thinker, he often slowed the pace down. Poor. 2

Marcus Rashford

Just looks drained of confidence. Whether it was an attempt at goal or a lay-off, Rashford's execution was usually awry. Needs a break. 3

Mason Greenwood

Had chances with the game goalless and responded to the opener by hitting the post. Roamed across the frontline and looked at ease. Just lacked a goal. 7

Subs

Anthony Martial

Began brightly but then regressed. 3

Antonio Valencia

Farewell appearance. 5

Angel Gomes

Skied one effort over. 5

Re: Man Utd player ratings (from the MEN) - Pogba called 'feckless'

And I thought we were critical of City!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    And I thought we were critical of City!
    It's a feeding fenzy. I love it!

Jesus. That's brutal. Although, they did loe at home to a relegated team.

Surprised how many of the comments blame Ole and want him sacked. If this season has proved anything at Manchester United, it's that there are serious problems with that group of players - they only decided to start playing for the middle third of the campaign. Any Cardiff fan will know that Ole has limitations, but I wouldn't be too critical of what he's done so far.

Skimming through a few of their forums and ‘Ole Out’ is a recurring theme. Fans admitting that they were blinded by his standing at the club through his playing exploits. On the whole the consensus of opinion was get rid now before he’s let loose with the cheque book. Also a few comments on our fans, one, with I thought was strange by what seemed to be a regular poster, saying that it was his first visit to Old Trafford!!!!! and he was very disappointed with the Stretford End while it seemed as though Cardiff fans had taken over the stadium🤪🤪🤪

The job of completely rebuilding one of the biggest clubs in the world requires one of the world’s great managers. No disrespect to Ole but a CV of pottering about in Norway, a disastrous reign at Cardiff and the end of season collapse at Man Utd really doesn't convince they’ve got this recruitment decision right.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surprised how many of the comments blame Ole and want him sacked. If this season has proved anything at Manchester United, it's that there are serious problems with that group of players - they only decided to start playing for the middle third of the campaign. Any Cardiff fan will know that Ole has limitations, but I wouldn't be too critical of what he's done so far.
    What did he do though?
    The players obviously would not play for Jose, when he left they suddenly started playing - Ole wasn't there long enough to actually impose his methods, whatever they are.
    Then, when they played enough decent games and Ole was given the permanent job, they couldn't be bothered again.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    What did he do though?
    The players obviously would not play for Jose, when he left they suddenly started playing - Ole wasn't there long enough to actually impose his methods, whatever they are.
    Then, when they played enough decent games and Ole was given the permanent job, they couldn't be bothered again.
    Got Manchester United's most impressive win in Europe since Ferguson's reign, wins at Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure he won't be a long term success at Manchester United, but sacking him and keeping those players will only see the problem continue.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Got Manchester United's most impressive win in Europe since Ferguson's reign, wins at Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly sure he won't be a long term success at Manchester United, but sacking him and keeping those players will only see the problem continue.
    I agree. I wouldn't have given him the job but with the attitude of their squad it's going to be a devil's own job to turn them around. They need another rebuild, and they're a million miles off it. It's a shame Pogba won't look inwardly. He saunters round and has all the talent but so little application. He must drive managers mad. Although, if anything sums up the shambles that is Man Utd, it's that Phil Jones was given a 4.5 year contract 6 months ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't have given him the job but with the attitude of their squad it's going to be a devil's own job to turn them around. They need another rebuild, and they're a million miles off it. It's a shame Pogba won't look inwardly. He saunters round and has all the talent but so little application. He must drive managers mad. Although, if anything sums up the shambles that is Man Utd, it's that Phil Jones was given a 4.5 year contract 6 months ago .
    Was he? That's madness. Regarding Pogba, all you would need to do if you were telling him why you were happy to see him leave Old Trafford is show him the moment when he couldn't be arsed tracking Josh Murphy's run for the second goal - that's shameful in any pro footballer and comes over worse when it is someone so talented and highly paid.

Pogba has 16 goals and 11 assists this season, he's about their only player who is up to champions League quality. If the rest of the team were good enough then you probably wouldn't notice his faults as much

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Pogba has 16 goals and 11 assists this season, he's about their only player who is up to champions League quality. If the rest of the team were good enough then you probably wouldn't notice his faults as much
    I see him as an attacking player, I think because of his size he has been given more of a central midfield role over the years but all his best work is done going forward. You can see from the Murphy assist that he isn't in tune with that side of the game. Yes that's not an excuse and you need to do the basics but if they are getting rid of their only champions league quality player then next season should be even funnier.