+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: County lines

County lines

Does anyone know why so many drug gangs from either London, Liverpool or brum seem to target Swansea? I’m forever reading stories on wales online about it. It’s a fair distance for starters and seems an odd place to choose?
    The London gangs in particular must stand out a mile down that way as they don’t look like the locals, one lot were caught in Neath a few weeks ago. I’ve never seen a black persons there or PT ever! Cardiff doesn’t seem to suffer street dealing so much these days or am I just getting old and hanging out in the wrong places......

Re: County lines

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Does anyone know why so many drug gangs from either London, Liverpool or brum seem to target Swansea? I’m forever reading stories on wales online about it. It’s a fair distance for starters and seems an odd place to choose?
    The London gangs in particular must stand out a mile down that way as they don’t look like the locals, one lot were caught in Neath a few weeks ago. I’ve never seen a black persons there or PT ever! Cardiff doesn’t seem to suffer street dealing so much these days or am I just getting old and hanging out in the wrong places......
    The same problem is apparent in sleepy Wells, south Somerset.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Really?

You'd never think that about a place like Wells.

I'm currently watching on Channel 5, Police Code Zero: Officer Under Attack.

Some of the things the police have to deal with, assaults on them and how many officers it can take to deal with just one or two violent people, is truly shocking.

They're showing small towns like Bedford, King's Lynn and Ipswich and it's ridiculous.

One moron run up to a police officer and punched him full in the face on his blind side. Knocked the officer out and he was fined £165.

That's his punishment!!!

There's idiots trying to stab, bite, kick, punch and headbutt officers.

Community orders are the biggest 'punishments!!!

I really can't believe what has happened to society and the punishment is ridiculous.

Where has 'trying to protect the police' gone?

Lawlessness and absolute disrespect, not just for police, for anyone else is rife.

I would never intervene if I saw any altercation now, whereas in the past I would try to help.

It's one of the saddest programmes I've seen.

When I was working in the Cotswolds a couple of months ago I went to Broadway, archetypal chocolate box type of town. Been going there for work on and off for years.

This time there were at least three shops that had been broken into and had windows boarded up. Never happened there before.

What are the answers to this and what TBG said?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was in Wells a couple of weeks back. I didn't meet any county lines drug dealers

😐

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Really?

You'd never think that about a place like Wells.

I'm currently watching on Channel 5, Police Code Zero: Officer Under Attack.

Some of the things the police have to deal with, assaults on them and how many officers it can take to deal with just one or two violent people, is truly shocking.

They're showing small towns like Bedford, King's Lynn and Ipswich and it's ridiculous.

One moron run up to a police officer and punched him full in the face on his blind side. Knocked the officer out and he was fined £165.

That's his punishment!!!

There's idiots trying to stab, bite, kick, punch and headbutt officers.

Community orders are the biggest 'punishments!!!

I really can't believe what has happened to society and the punishment is ridiculous.

Where has 'trying to protect the police' gone?

Lawlessness and absolute disrespect, not just for police, for anyone else is rife.

I would never intervene if I saw any altercation now, whereas in the past I would try to help.

It's one of the saddest programmes I've seen.

When I was working in the Cotswolds a couple of months ago I went to Broadway, archetypal chocolate box type of town. Been going there for work on and off for years.

This time there were at least three shops that had been broken into and had windows boarded up. Never happened there before.

What are the answers to this and what TBG said?
    Our very outdated education and penal systems have a lot to answer for.

Just found a reference to Taunton being affected! :https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/...erable-2851874

Small little drug dealers targeting places where there is no comebacks. Wouldn't happen in Cardiff, Liverpool, Stoke etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Small little drug dealers targeting places where there is no comebacks. Wouldn't happen in Cardiff, Liverpool, Stoke etc.
    That’s what I was thinking, they set up where no one will challenge them? Coastal towns on the east coast of England have also been targeted, Margate is it? No local gangs to shift them on. Didn’t think Swansea was such a soft touch.....You here the odd story of a gang from London being attacked here and there, probably getting shifted out by locals.

Supply outstrips demand in major cities where turf wars abound amongst violent organised gangs and they seek new punters in quiet backwaters. The illegal drug trade spawns all sorts of other criminality - shoplifting, home and commercial burglaries, begging, etc - committed by desperate addicts who'd rob their gran's dentures while they're having a kip on the settee if there's a few quid to be made.

Britain tried to culturally destroy China 180 years ago via what became known as The Opium Wars. China solved the problem by placing every drug dealer and user before firing squads until none remained and very few cared to indulge afterwards knowing what the consequences of discovery would entail.

There's many countries today where there's no issues surrounding what's slowly but surely causing societal disintegration in Blighty and elsewhere because citizens of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Singapore and Iran amongst others know what draconian punishments await them. (It's no coincidence that in those same countries you'll never see flatulent tattooed lumps pushing prams.)

All's required here to eliminate the drugs plague and the resulting acquisitive crime is the political will to copy Saudi's laws and sentencing guidelines concerning drug peddlers, users and thieves.

It's not just black people who're involved in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Stoke is full of scousers. I spend a lot of time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Supply outstrips demand in major cities where turf wars abound amongst violent organised gangs and they seek new punters in quiet backwaters. The illegal drug trade spawns all sorts of other criminality - shoplifting, home and commercial burglaries, begging, etc - committed by desperate addicts who'd rob their gran's dentures while they're having a kip on the settee if there's a few quid to be made.

Britain tried to culturally destroy China 180 years ago via what became known as The Opium Wars. China solved the problem by placing every drug dealer and user before firing squads until none remained and very few cared to indulge afterwards knowing what the consequences of discovery would entail.

There's many countries today where there's no issues surrounding what's slowly but surely causing societal disintegration in Blighty and elsewhere because citizens of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Singapore and Iran amongst others know what draconian punishments await them. (It's no coincidence that in those same countries you'll never see flatulent tattooed lumps pushing prams.)

All's required here to eliminate the drugs plague and the resulting acquisitive crime is the political will to copy Saudi's laws and sentencing guidelines concerning drug peddlers, users and thieves.
    Sounds like a song recorded by Cher....

But you may prefer a slightly amended version of a song from The Knack i.e. My Sharia

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It's not just black people who're involved in it.
    Of course, but if you research the wales online articles, the gangs from London are mainly young black folks. Liverpool whiteys.
    Point being they stand out anyway in places with few black people.

Of course, but if you research the wales online articles, the gangs from London are mainly young black folks. Liverpool whiteys.
    Point being they stand out anyway in places with few black people.
    It’s the shell suits & perms!