+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Camarasa says his farewell

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Camarasa says his farewell

Am I the only one who thinks he wouldn’t be entirely out of place playing for a top Championship side next season (i.e. Us ) ?

He’s a great player but Iv’e seen players of his standard (or maybe even better) at championship sides over the years.

I suspect he’ll try to get back in the Betis side.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks he wouldn’t be entirely out of place playing for a top Championship side next season (i.e. Us ) ?

He’s a great player but Iv’e seen players of his standard (or maybe even better) at championship sides over the years.

I suspect he’ll try to get back in the Betis side.
    I'd be surprised if he did force his way back into the Real Betis team. I agree with you that the Championship has been graced with players of his ability.. you only have to look at Wolves when they won the Championship.

I wouldn't rule out him signing for a top Championship side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'd be surprised if he did force his way back into the Real Betis team. I agree with you that the Championship has been graced with players of his ability.. you only have to look at Wolves when they won the Championship.

I wouldn't rule out him signing for a top Championship side.
    How many Championship clubs would be able to afford the transfer fee?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How many Championship clubs would be able to afford the transfer fee?
    Difficult to answer really, I'm not sure his parent club have put a fee on him, have they? It's been widely speculated he'd cost around £15m, however, I think somewhere in the region of £10-11m might be sufficient.
    So based on that, I'd say Huddersfield; Stoke; Fulham (with the money recouped from the sale of some of their leading players leaving); possibly Leeds and.. [cough] US!

Of course, we COULD afford him, however, I think our major transfer expenditure will be on a striker, our new midfielders would come in at around £5-6m each with possible loans, so I don't see us paying out that kind of money on a midfielder.