Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camarasa says his farewell

Camarasa says his farewell

Re: Camarasa says his farewell

Nice,good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Nice,good luck to the lad.
    There will always be Leicester away. Good luck. You'll be welcome back any time. (Just don't go to the Jacks😁)

Good luck Victor .....thank you

All the best Victor, although I thought he left weeks ago.

Excellent player. Wish we could have seen more of him.

Great player when fully fit, scored some important goals and I’ll never forget that one against Leicester.
    Thanks Victor and all the best!

I hope when we finally do have a change in playing system we look at bringing in from Spain. I wonder where he might end up next season.

Whilst he was a very good player could he be effective enough in a team further up the league to get himself game time week in week out

You'd think Wolves might be able to get the best out of him. The lad definitely has a great first touch and he can pick a pass.

Cheers Victor, some lovely moments to remember. What a difference to our last Premier League exit, with the likes of Medel & that just sloping off.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I hope when we finally do have a change in playing system we look at bringing in from Spain. I wonder where he might end up next season.

Whilst he was a very good player could he be effective enough in a team further up the league to get himself game time week in week out
    I can remember it being reported at the time we signed him that he was considered more of a workhorse type player in Spain, but, however they view him there, he was, one of the most gifted technical players at City, if not the most, this season.This only emphasises what you say about the Spanish market - although it is more pricey than others, there is great depth in terms of quality.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Victor end up with a club in this country next season because he does seem suited to the British game - best of luck to him and thanks for some great memories and goals.

Real Betis must be some side if Victor can't get anywhere near their team. When he was playing regularly the alleged £15m price tag didn't seem that excessive but since his form drop off, and the fact he has been injury prone, suggests he could be bought for very much less but sadly still probably too expensive for us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can remember it being reported at the time we signed him that he was considered more of a workhorse type player in Spain, but, however they view him there, he was, one of the most gifted technical players at City, if not the most, this season.This only emphasises what you say about the Spanish market - although it is more pricey than others, there is great depth in terms of quality.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Victor end up with a club in this country next season because he does seem suited to the British game - best of luck to him and thanks for some great memories and goals.
    Indeed, I was perhaps expecting a slightly more gifted version of Craig Bryson, I was pleasantly surprised by how technically good he was and how the simple things of the game seemed to come so naturally to him.

You're right, it makes you wonder just how many such players there are like him in the Spanish market. Swansea profited by scouting Spanish players who came at realistic fees and salaries. What I'd give to have a Michu in our midfield or a Fernando Llorente type player up front.

I think Camarasa arrived on our doorstep more by luck than design - having been part of the Real Betis squad that travelled to Cardiff for a pre-season friendly and the influence his girlfriend, who once studied in Cardiff, had on him making the decision to come to us on loan.

Nice one Vic.
    Stay free of injury and see you in a year

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Indeed, I was perhaps expecting a slightly more gifted version of Craig Bryson, I was pleasantly surprised by how technically good he was and how the simple things of the game seemed to come so naturally to him.

You're right, it makes you wonder just how many such players there are like him in the Spanish market. Swansea profited by scouting Spanish players who came at realistic fees and salaries. What I'd give to have a Michu in our midfield or a Fernando Llorente type player up front.

I think Camarasa arrived on our doorstep more by luck than design - having been part of the Real Betis squad that travelled to Cardiff for a pre-season friendly and the influence his girlfriend, who once studied in Cardiff, had on him making the decision to come to us on loan.
    Swansea also had a couple of nightmares in the Spanish market who they are still paying for, whilst they are on loan in Spain.

A lot of Swansea fans wouldn't recognise their record signing from Span if he sat down next to them.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Swansea also had a couple of nightmares in the Spanish market who they are still paying for, whilst they are on loan in Spain.

A lot of Swansea fans wouldn't recognise their record signing from Span if he sat down next to them.
    They didn't have just a couple of Spanish players come through the doors of their club.. they had A LOT! The law of averages says you're bound to get a few duds.

Funnily enough, they seemed to do better in their early Premier League days recruiting Spanish players when they didn't have so much cash to splash.

They didn't have just a couple of Spanish players come through the doors of their club.. they had A LOT! The law of averages says you're bound to get a few duds.

Funnily enough, they seemed to do better in their early Premier League days recruiting Spanish players when they didn't have so much cash to splash.
    yes, exactly however Swansea fans themselves feel that the Spanish market went spectacularly wrong for them, with the clubs still paying the wages for Baston Borja (Signed for £16.6m) and Roque Mesa (Signed for £11.25m).

When the going got tough they simply bailed out back home.

I don't think its safe to say Swansea profited from the Spanish market.

Am I the only one who thinks he wouldn’t be entirely out of place playing for a top Championship side next season (i.e. Us ) ?

He’s a great player but Iv’e seen players of his standard (or maybe even better) at championship sides over the years.

I suspect he’ll try to get back in the Betis side.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks he wouldn’t be entirely out of place playing for a top Championship side next season (i.e. Us ) ?

He’s a great player but Iv’e seen players of his standard (or maybe even better) at championship sides over the years.

I suspect he’ll try to get back in the Betis side.
    I'd be surprised if he did force his way back into the Real Betis team. I agree with you that the Championship has been graced with players of his ability.. you only have to look at Wolves when they won the Championship.

I wouldn't rule out him signing for a top Championship side.

I'd be surprised if he did force his way back into the Real Betis team. I agree with you that the Championship has been graced with players of his ability.. you only have to look at Wolves when they won the Championship.

I wouldn't rule out him signing for a top Championship side.
    How many Championship clubs would be able to afford the transfer fee?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    How many Championship clubs would be able to afford the transfer fee?
    Difficult to answer really, I'm not sure his parent club have put a fee on him, have they? It's been widely speculated he'd cost around £15m, however, I think somewhere in the region of £10-11m might be sufficient.
    So based on that, I'd say Huddersfield; Stoke; Fulham (with the money recouped from the sale of some of their leading players leaving); possibly Leeds and.. [cough] US!

Of course, we COULD afford him, however, I think our major transfer expenditure will be on a striker, our new midfielders would come in at around £5-6m each with possible loans, so I don't see us paying out that kind of money on a midfielder.

I’ve worked giving classes on the odd occasion to people who work for Alaves, who finished 10th or 11th in La Liga. Was chatting to one student about the type of money they would/could spend on a new player and they were talking about 5 million euros max.

I’d say that clubs like Leeds, Villa, WBA, Cardiff City, Fulham, Huddersfield, Swansea, Derby, Forest are probably all able to pay more in transfer fees and wages than around half the teams in La Liga. Something in that region.

The only turn off his the profile of the league I suppose.

Victor was a breath of fresh air and much needed energy and skill in the middle. Shame he’s gone as we need some sparkle and leadership for sure.

Hey come back Here!
    Nah, Get the fook outta here yer Spanish Asshole!
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Hey come back Here!
    Nah, Get the fook outta here yer Spanish Asshole!
    Lol
    Eh?