Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

  1. #1

    If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    For proven breaches of financial fair play.

    There is a call already today for them to be removed from the Champions League!

    Surely Cardiff having finished clear 18th will be reprieved.

    Unless financial fair play doesnít matter in the Premiership.

    Iím looking forward to the Championship. Bother.

  2. #2

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Their rich arab owners will grease a few palms. I bet feck all happens regarding them in The Champions and their rich friends League, and also the Premier League too

  3. #3

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    For proven breaches of financial fair play.

    There is a call already today for them to be removed from the Champions League!

    Surely Cardiff having finished clear 18th will be reprieved.

    Unless financial fair play doesn’t matter in the Premiership.

    I’m looking forward to the Championship. Bother.
    The news today has no bearing on the Premiership.

    In any case, I'd hate for us to stay in the Premiership due to the discrepancies of other clubs as it would be a sad turn of events.

  4. #4

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    They spent the most as they have the most money.

    I donít see the issue personally and they shouldnít get reprimanded

  5. #5

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Hypothetically imagine if they were in the championship with their current squad and manager. How many points would they get?

    138 points? 46 wins 0 draws 0 losses. Oh and 78% average possession.

  6. #6

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    In the unlikely event Man City were demoted by the time any appeal was determined there would not be time to relegate the club. However, it is preposterous to believe the League Champions would be demoted as other sanctions would come into play before that was even a remote possibility.

  7. #7

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    They spent the most as they have the most money.

    I don’t see the issue personally and they shouldn’t get reprimanded
    The issue is they have broken the rules.

  8. #8

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In the unlikely event Man City were demoted by the time any appeal was determined there would not be time to relegate the club. However, it is preposterous to believe the League Champions would be demoted as other sanctions would come into play before that was even a remote possibility.
    Didnít Swindon get demoted once? Or denied promotion to the top division?

  9. #9

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Rumour is that they're getting a one-year ban from the Champions League - the Premier League have to 'nominate' their entries, so it could be done.

  10. #10

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Didnít Swindon get demoted once? Or denied promotion to the top division?
    Denied, wasnít it?

  11. #11

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    No chance would this happen

  12. #12

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No chance would this happen
    Because they are big 6.
    The money League. Fairness unnecessary.

  13. #13

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Denied, wasnít it?
    Think they got booted down 2 divisions

  14. #14

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Think they got booted down 2 divisions
    I think it was but in effect they only went down one. They won promotion to the top flight but were denied that so were put down to the third tier, one tier below where theyíd been promoted from.

  15. #15

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Football authorities never deal a meaningful punishment .

  16. #16

    Re: If Man City are demoted by the Premier League.

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think it was but in effect they only went down one. They won promotion to the top flight but were denied that so were put down to the third tier, one tier below where they’d been promoted from.
    correct

    they won the div 2 playoffs, but instead of going into the 1st div ( now epl ) they were demoted to div 3, but appealed and were given back the Div 2 slot before the start of the season

    A work mate of mine knew the chairman of swindon brian hillier fairly well, he went on to own Calne town ( which is local to me )

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •