+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Street parking near Ashton Gate

Street parking near Ashton Gate

Hi Folks, I've been given a ticket to see Rod Stewart at Ashton Gate next Wednesday, 22nd. Unfortunately it's not something I can get out of. So I'll be driving over.

Anyone driven to a game their in the last few seasons and parked up in a nearby-ish street to Ashton Gate? Don't mind a 20 minute-ish walk to the ground. I know someone out there will have the relevant information. Thanks

Re: Street parking near Ashton Gate

Jesus christ - what have you done to deserve that?

Mr Soul you are a sell out

Thanks guys you've been most helpful . I want sympathy and commiserations It's with a work colleague and being the gent I am , I said I'd take her if she couldn't get a lift. Sadly she can't, so I've got the spare ticket,. At least it's free as she has complimentaries. I can lay back and dream of city winning their 6-0 next season should Sir Rodders become that unbearable .

They directed us to an industrial estate across the road from the ground the other season, well within walking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Thanks guys you've been most helpful . I want sympathy and commiserations It's with a work colleague and being the gent I am , I said I'd take her if she couldn't get a lift. Sadly she can't, so I've got the spare ticket,. At least it's free as she has complimentaries. I can lay back and dream of city winning their 6-0 next season should Sir Rodders become that unbearable .
    Being a Gent is one thing, can`t you break a leg or similar , Don`t you remember Rod Stewart murders Motown on ITV some years back.

It's not street parking but highly convenient for exiting Bristol. Try Bedminster Cricket Club. They might have parking available on the night. 10 minute ish walk to Ashton Gate. They welcome away fans on match days, too.
    http://www.bedminstercc.co.uk

Hi Folks, I've been given a ticket to see Rod Stewart at Ashton Gate next Wednesday, 22nd. Unfortunately it's not something I can get out of. So I'll be driving over.

Anyone driven to a game their in the last few seasons and parked up in a nearby-ish street to Ashton Gate? Don't mind a 20 minute-ish walk to the ground. I know someone out there will have the relevant information. Thanks
    I always find it funny why people need to justify or be apologetic for what they like in life. In the last few years I have seen;

Aussie PF
    Brit Floyd
    Neil Diamond
    Journey
    Reo speedwagon
    OMD
    A ha
    Sam Smith
    Whitesnake
    Phonics
    Manics
    Adele
    Emilie Sande

With the Foo Fighters and Bears Den lined up. Why? Because I like their music, no need to justify or be apologetic, or ask for forgiveness from others.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Rod, all singalong stuff. Have a good time, bet you’ll love it👍

I thought it was Sir Rod?

Feedback

Loads of street parking if you drive up winterstoke road past the ground

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Loads of street parking if you drive up winterstoke road past the ground
    I’ve parked in streets off Duckmoor Road in the past.

Get there early though as it gets busy. 10-15 mins walk back to the ground.

Many thanks for your replies folks

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I always find it funny why people need to justify or be apologetic for what they like in life. In the last few years I have seen;

Aussie PF
    Brit Floyd
    Neil Diamond
    Journey
    Reo speedwagon
    OMD
    A ha
    Sam Smith
    Whitesnake
    Phonics
    Manics
    Adele
    Emilie Sande

With the Foo Fighters and Bears Den lined up. Why? Because I like their music, no need to justify or be apologetic, or ask for forgiveness from others.
    I'm honestly not a fan matey. Have to admit I absolutely love The Faces though. I don't think Rod has done a decent album since 74's Smiler, not heard much of his stuff for the last 20 years or so. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with his set? Can't be bad for a free night out though, for me

Many thanks for your replies folks
    Hope you enjoy it mate.

Sing along with Willie maybe.

I'm honestly not a fan matey. Have to admit I absolutely love The Faces though. I don't think Rod has done a decent album since 74's Smiler, not heard much of his stuff for the last 20 years or so. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised with his set? Can't be bad for a free night out though, for me
    I've been given 2 tickets as well. I agree with what you said but add check The Jeff Beck 1968 album Truth. out.
    Rod on vocals Beck lead guitar.
    Ronnie Wood bass. Nicky Hopkins keyboard
    and Micky Waller drums.
    Now remind me where did Jimmy Page get the idea for Led Zeppelin from?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I've been given 2 tickets as well. I agree with what you said but add check The Jeff Beck 1968 album Truth. out.
    Rod on vocals Beck lead guitar.
    Ronnie Wood bass. Nicky Hopkins keyboard
    and Micky Waller drums.
    Now remind me where did Jimmy Page get the idea for Led Zeppelin from?
    I've got that album on CD. Damn fine it is too, and as you rightly say, it sounds like a blueprint for Led Zeppelin

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Hope you enjoy it mate.

Sing along with Willie maybe.

Cheers soulsurfer, fantastic choon

If anyone else has tickets to give away I'll take them.