+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football manager game ... gaming laptop ?

Football manager game ... gaming laptop ?

Haven’t played the game for a few years but seem to remember it nearly blew up my MacBook at the time.

Is a gaming laptop the best way forward ? Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Football manager game ... gaming laptop ?

100% you do not need to fork out on a gaming laptop.

As long as your laptop is Intel Pentium and above (It goes Intel Atom > Celeron > Pentium > i3 > i5 > i7) you will be fine, so long as the specs on the computer is at least 2.2ghz and you have minumum 2gb of RAM.

I'd advise going for a laptop with an i3 processor and above with at least 4gb of RAM.

Curry's have a really good deal on the Lenovo ideapad 330s with a i3 processor, 4gb of ram and 2.4ghx of speed. Think its £349

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    100% you do not need to fork out on a gaming laptop.

As long as your laptop is Intel Pentium and above (It goes Intel Atom > Celeron > Pentium > i3 > i5 > i7) you will be fine, so long as the specs on the computer is at least 2.2ghz and you have minumum 2gb of RAM.

I'd advise going for a laptop with an i3 processor and above with at least 4gb of RAM.

Curry's have a really good deal on the Lenovo ideapad 330s with a i3 processor, 4gb of ram and 2.4ghx of speed. Think its £349
    great thanks for the advice. Ive been looking at this one,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-FX505D...s%2C141&sr=8-3

but its a mine field. all I know is it will kill my matchbook air if I even attempt to run it on there.

Ill take a look at the Lenovo. thanks.

Do you know what, that looks like a good little deal that does. If you can afford that ASUS laptop, go for it. If you're just playing FM19 though, you don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker View Post
    Do you know what, that looks like a good little deal that does. If you can afford that ASUS laptop, go for it. If you're just playing FM19 though, you don't need it.
    ok great, looks to have plenty of power, im open to trying othe game sin the future so might give it a go. Thanks for the advice.

do you know what the difference between that and the Firecudda SSHD option one is ?

The firecuda is a hybrid ssd /traditional hard drive
    The ssd option and a 1tb hard drive would be your better option. The operating system will load itself and programs really quickly on the ssd and you'll still have 1tb of space on another drive.

Excellent, Ill stick with the cheaper ssd and 1tb option. Thanks for your help.