+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bellamy to lose position at Cardiff City after bullying claims

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bellamy to lose position at Cardiff City after bullying claims

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the thing with this is CB is old school, he put up with the rough times, the banter from other players and coaches, it was the norm for him

Now these days the banter just isnt acceptable

that being said, the stuff he was accused of ( lets not forget this all came about after the player/s were told they were no upto the standard ) just looked like blokey banter, the stuff the generation currently aged 30 plus would have brushed off and not cried to the press
    Don't your daughters play sport at a decent level? I'm sure you've said as much on here, apologies if i'm wrong. What if they made the accusations to you about a coach who was singling them out, or humiliating them in front of their peers, how would you react? The problem i have with this thread is that the majority are angling towards Bellamy based on nothing and the under lying theme is one of youngsters being soft as shit these days. The lad or lads in question left home at 16 and went to pursue a career in football miles from home, away from their families, friends and environment in an industry where they have two year to prove themselves against their peers, having a bad day isn't optional-Soft they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Don't your daughters play sport at a decent level? I'm sure you've said as much on here, apologies if i'm wrong. What if they made the accusations to you about a coach who was singling them out, or humiliating them in front of their peers, how would you react? The problem i have with this thread is that the majority are angling towards Bellamy based on nothing and the under lying theme is one of youngsters being soft as shit these days. The lad or lads in question left home at 16 and went to pursue a career in football miles from home, away from their families, friends and environment in an industry where they have two year to prove themselves against their peers, having a bad day isn't optional-Soft they are not.
    indeed i do, oldest is playing netball to a regional standard

It is something i have thought about, her coach is Australian and has spoken to us about her going to Australia to play ( its the peak in the netball world ), she is doing her GCSE's currently and we have said she can go after her A-levels, but will that be a opportunity missed ? ? ? she wants to go next year

Now being British she will of course stand out ( though both the top leagues have a few English girls currently playing in them ) I know her coach would look after her , but yea, its a tough call, she will be on the other side of the world and all alone, i guess i just hope she would be able to stand up for herself ( which i would guess would be hard with CB )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed i do, oldest is playing netball to a regional standard

It is something i have thought about, her coach is Australian and has spoken to us about her going to Australia to play ( its the peak in the netball world ), she is doing her GCSE's currently and we have said she can go after her A-levels, but will that be a opportunity missed ? ? ? she wants to go next year

Now being British she will of course stand out ( though both the top leagues have a few English girls currently playing in them ) I know her coach would look after her , but yea, its a tough call, she will be on the other side of the world and all alone, i guess i just hope she would be able to stand up for herself ( which i would guess would be hard with CB )
    Fair enough, I wish your daughter good luck, you must be very proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair enough, I wish your daughter good luck, you must be very proud.
    thanks, it will be interesting to see how it pans out, personally i feel A levels first, but what the hell do i know eh

as long as they are happy, thats the main thing