+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chris Coleman given the Spanish Archer in China

Chris Coleman given the Spanish Archer in China

After raising his stock sky high with our exploits in France, he seems to have shot himself in the foot with his latest choices of managerial roles.

Re: Chris Coleman given the Spanish Archer in China

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    After raising his stock sky high with our exploits in France, he seems to have shot himself in the foot with his latest choices of managerial roles.
    I know hes always said he'd never manage swansea but with Potter gone now he may fancy it.....

the banner they held up was a tad harsh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48248039

he really did strike it lucky with the Euro's, right time, right place

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I have said that several times and a better manager would have got us to the final.

He was great during the Euros but I’ve never rated him as a Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    He was great during the Euros but I’ve never rated him as a Manager.

At least he's made himself a bit of money

I do think to some degree managers are only capable of so much. You can organise and work on things but a lot of football is instinct.

Some managers seem to be good fits at clubs and not others

Coleman had a system that worked well with the players but ultimately when you have someone like Bale who is performing miracles you always have a chance

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I have said that several times and a better manager would have got us to the final.
    What about the whole 2 year qualifying campaign that got us there? Not saying he's the best manager of all time but that's a hell of a long right time right place. Ultimately he devised a system that worked extremely well with the players he had, and those players are on record saying they'd have run through brick walls for him because of his leadership. If that's not top management then I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What about the whole 2 year qualifying campaign that got us there? Not saying he's the best manager of all time but that's a hell of a long right time right place. Ultimately he devised a system that worked extremely well with the players he had, and those players are on record saying they'd have run through brick walls for him because of his leadership. If that's not top management then I don't know what is.
    If Ramsey hadn’t been banned, we may have got past Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If Ramsey hadn’t been banned, we may have got past Portugal.
    100% agreed

i said at the time, it was a massive blow and a huge hole in the team

It was obviously a financial decision to go to Sunderland but as a football decision it was crackers. They were a basket case of a club, unsaveable, but no doubt he came away with a few bob.
    China was a hell of a step and proved to be a step too far but again he’s no doubt come away with a decent pay off.
    Perhaps a bit of a knock to his pride after the glory of the Euros but a stroll to a cashpoint and hitting ‘on screen balance’ after entering his pin is maybe a bit of comfort.
    Never forget 2016, he was instrumental in giving me the summer of my life.

Never forget 2016, he was instrumental in giving me the summer of my life.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely this

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was obviously a financial decision to go to Sunderland but as a football decision it was crackers. They were a basket case of a club, unsaveable, but no doubt he came away with a few bob.
    China was a hell of a step and proved to be a step too far but again he’s no doubt come away with a decent pay off.
    Perhaps a bit of a knock to his pride after the glory of the Euros but a stroll to a cashpoint and hitting ‘on screen balance’ after entering his pin is maybe a bit of comfort.

It's a lovely cushion and must give a nice sense of security.

Maybe in 50 years time and having had no sign of Wales having been in a Euro or World Cup semi-final for half a century people will recognise Coleman's achievement with Wales. Seems like many people merely consider him to have been lucky in overseeing a team that overachieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Maybe in 50 years time and having had no sign of Wales having been in a Euro or World Cup semi-final for half a century people will recognise Coleman's achievement with Wales. Seems like many people merely consider him to have been lucky in overseeing a team that overachieved.
    He was a very good manager for Wales , but his track record as a club manager has been pretty poor for the vast majority of the time

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Doesn't matter, he did it. End of. Wales's best ever manager, unquestionably.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    He was a very good manager for Wales , but his track record as a club manager has been pretty poor for the vast majority of the time
    Indeed, sir, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Agree. We won’t see 2016 repeated (probably ever).

I’d prefer him to Giggs. Shows more emotion and sounds more Welsh 😂

Don’t think either of them are great tacticians but Coleman had built an amazing team spirit which was very visible. It’s easier to achieve at international level I think but he did a great job of it nevertheless... I commend him for that

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    to be fair, the team was good, it all clicked at the right time, yes i feel he was very lucky to oversee a team that was decent (and better still with Bale ) and clicked as one, but i am sure Cookie would say the same thing