+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Plumbing the depths. Jeremy Kyle, Jerry Springer et al

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Plumbing the depths. Jeremy Kyle, Jerry Springer et al

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It is/was (Who remembers Tiswas?) nasty telly with the seemingly sole aim of making the viewers feel better about their own lives by displaying the miserable circumstances of others.

The guests never appeared to be very bright and I wonder how much of it was exploitation? Were they offered cash incentives for appearing on the show?
    Probably given drink , sorry I have to say this , its down to intellect and ones personal morals, this stuff comes from within ,no one is forced to watch or appear.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Probably given drink , sorry I have to say this , its down to intellect and ones personal morals, this stuff comes from within ,no one is forced to watch or appear.
    Watched the show whilst on the treadmill at the gym - made the time go much quicker, though at times felt I was watching a different species

It seemed to be Jeremy "righteous" Kyle shouting at people in their worst moment hen this repeated for the next story. They then got told they would be helped or they stormed off stage with cameras following so the presenter could act smug again. I really don't get why it was so popular with students, it was almost as stereotypically popular as Nandos at one point.