+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plumbing the depths. Jeremy Kyle, Jerry Springer et al

Re: Plumbing the depths. Jeremy Kyle, Jerry Springer et al

In an age where people are generally offended by everything, and on behalf of everybody, I’m genuinely amazed that this trash television has aired for so long.

Good riddance to him. I hope he finds himself destitute and on the bones of his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Swap Shop.

Can still remember opposite sides of the Grange End shouting Tiswas / Swap Shop at each other
    Classy days, we loved to pick a row with anyone or anything back then . And we were so politically correct .

There is a great deal of artifice and manipulation even on TV programmes that seem relatively respectable. Someone I deal with in work was on Dragon's Den and was implored to change his starting offer to the Dragons in order to artificially introduce drama and some of the criticisms they made in the sort clips televised he responded to but his comments were left on the cutting floor.

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have never watched a reality show of any description , I cannot understand the appeal , or why folk watch them , but they do in their droves which sums up our dumbed down ,piss taking , lets see someone humiliated , society , jeepers, folk go on about the Daily Mail ?
    It is a very well viewed daytime programme. The operative word there is daytime. It may give a clue to the kind of people who watch it. Basically, those sitting on their arses with nothing better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It is a very well viewed daytime programme. The operative word there is daytime. It may give a clue to the kind of people who watch it. Basically, those sitting on their arses with nothing better to do.
    Shift workers, old people and the unemployed should be shot.......

Why can't they fritter away their time posting on Internet message boards like us productive members of society?