+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chicken Legs

Chicken Legs

Scott Malone just got booked for Derby, he’s knocked about a few clubs since ‘starring’ for us. bb

Re: Chicken Legs

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Scott Malone just got booked for Derby, he’s knocked about a few clubs since ‘starring’ for us. bb
    Fulham , Huddersfield now Derby ,all have one connection .?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Fulham , Huddersfield now Derby ,all have one connection .?
    They don't all have one shared letter of the alphabet?

Talking of chicken legs...... when did the word 'goujon' enter the vocabulary of us working class-types? It didn't seem to be part of the vernacular on coucil estates in Ely in the sixties.....
    Mind you, I do remember the introduction of exotic comestibles in the form of Liebfraumilch, Vesta Curry and Rice (in boxed dehydrated packets), Ski yoghurt and Black Forest Gateau.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Talking of chicken legs...... when did the word 'goujon' enter the vocabulary of us working class-types? It didn't seem to be part of the vernacular on coucil estates in Ely in the sixties.....
    Mind you, I do remember the introduction of exotic comestibles in the form of Liebfraumilch, Vesta Curry and Rice (in boxed dehydrated packets), Ski yoghurt and Black Forest Gateau.
    Posh bastard.

Chicken goujons and chips in a basket was a pub favourite a few years ago. Sure it crossed the class divide because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Chicken goujons and chips in a basket was a pub favourite a few years ago. Sure it crossed the class divide because of this.
    Amazing how top class pub cuisine has gone from being served in a basket to being served on a roofing slate🧐

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Amazing how top class pub cuisine has gone from being served in a basket to being served on a roofing slate🧐
    ...or a Builders Breakfast served in a shovel

What’s all this lark now of chips coming in a sort of stainless steel mug? I like mine as they should be, on a hub cap or the like😂😂

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I used to particularly like the sultanas in the Vesta curries If that’s in fact what they were