+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheffield United

Sheffield United

Re: Sheffield United

They will probably sign a few attackers...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    To terrorise defences.

How do Muslim footballers manage during Ramadan. It must be very hard to go without food for as long as they do under normal circumstances so how the heck do they manage to run around for 90 minutes.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    How do Muslim footballers manage during Ramadan. It must be very hard to go without food for as long as they do under normal circumstances so how the heck do they manage to run around for 90 minutes.
    Depends. If the game is in the night, they wait until sun down and then eat/drink.
    Or, often players break their fast and make the days up after Ramadan

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    “Bombing” down the wings

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    Depends. If the game is in the night, they wait until sun down and then eat/drink.
    Or, often players break their fast and make the days up after Ramadan
    OK that makes sense about making the days up after Ramadan. Its a long old time to go without grub especially in the summer time. Mo salah springs to mind with a big final coming up.

Unsure of football players, but I was watching the NBA playoffs and one of the players for Portland, Enes Kanter is practising Ramadan, doesn't appear to have effected him at all during the games. Quite an interesting article here, https://heavy.com/sports/2019/05/ene...hat-eat-drink/

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Unsure of football players, but I was watching the NBA playoffs and one of the players for Portland, Enes Kanter is practising Ramadan, doesn't appear to have effected him at all during the games. Quite an interesting article here, https://heavy.com/sports/2019/05/ene...hat-eat-drink/
    Thanks for that, a great read.

Probably the same as Muslim emergency service workers who have to do 12 hours shifts, 4 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Probably the same as Muslim emergency service workers who have to do 12 hours shifts, 4 days a week.
    That is a very good point you raise. I suppose I could go a day without food but I would be struggling without water, or in my case tea.

When I have my little expeditions around Lidl or Home Bargains I notice a few patrons waddling around there who could do no worse than turn to Islam, a few Ramadans would do them no harm at all!