Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 38

Thread: Welcome to our Big Brother world

  1. #1

    Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Man ordered to uncover face in front of police camera and then fined £90.

    Met cops stopped and fined him £90 for disorderly behaviour after he tried to avoid a facial recognition camera in east London - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...front-16155463

    There's a video of the incident at the link. Photo below of the bloke who was criminalised for having the temerity to conceal his face from a Nanny knows best snooping camera.



  2. #2

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Dodgy cap

    Taser the suspect before he can do any harm to innocent standers by NQAT

  3. #3

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    The police used it in Cardiff for the Champions League Final 2017. Within 10 years it will used at most of the football league stadiums in this country. That's my take anyway. Authority's excuse will be that it is protecting innocent football fans from known, banned hooligans attending games, or some other inane bollux.

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Man ordered to uncover face in front of police camera and then fined £90.

    Met cops stopped and fined him £90 for disorderly behaviour after he tried to avoid a facial recognition camera in east London - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...front-16155463

    There's a video of the incident at the link. Photo below of the bloke who was criminalised for having the temerity to conceal his face from a Nanny knows best snooping camera.



  4. #4

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    From now on I am not trimming my nose, eyebrow or ear hair and growing a huge beard. Ferk the police!!!

  5. #5
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Anglia East
    Posts
    15,009

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    From now on I am not trimming my nose, eyebrow or ear hair and growing a huge beard. Ferk the police!!!
    I'm growing a very long fringe.

  6. #6

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    I’m going to start walking backwards

  7. #7

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’m going to start walking backwards
    And shake my head at all times like on Four Lions.

  8. #8

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    What about those in a burka

  9. #9

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    The outrage if a woman in a burka was asked to do this would be insane

  10. #10

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    It would be racist to ask a wearer of one of those to reveal themselves for the Big Brother cam, even though Muslims aren't a race.

    Some people are more equal than others.

  11. #11

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Philccfc29 View Post
    What about those in a burka
    And this is exactly how things like UKIP happen.

  12. #12

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It would be racist to ask a wearer of one of those to reveal themselves for the Big Brother cam, even though Muslims aren't a race.

    Some people are more equal than others.
    Muslims are a race just like Jews are a race.

    Do you think an atheist person from a Jewish family would not have been put in a camp by the Nazis?

    Do you think an atheist Muslim from Iran can get into America?

  13. #13

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Muslims are a race just like Jews are a race.

    Do you think an atheist person from a Jewish family would not have been put in a camp by the Nazis?

    Do you think an atheist Muslim from Iran can get into America?
    The resident Scouser is off

    Offended by everything

  14. #14

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    The way these cameras are being used in China there should be uproar that theyíre getting used in this country.

    Ways to take our rights away will always be sold as protecting us first.

    Theyíll sell it to us based on Muslims and terrorists and people will lap it up though.

  15. #15

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Muslims are a race just like Jews are a race.

    Do you think an atheist person from a Jewish family would not have been put in a camp by the Nazis?

    Do you think an atheist Muslim from Iran can get into America?
    Your claims are contrary to British law. Read the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 for further clarification.

    Britain First leaders jailed for anti-Muslim hate crime - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8244161.html

    - The leaders of far-right extremist group Britain First have been jailed for anti-Muslim hate crimes after targeting people they incorrectly believed were involved in an ongoing rape trial.

    Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen, both of Beeches Close in Penge, were convicted on several counts of religiously-aggravated harassment following a trial at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court, which heard their actions could have caused rapists to walk free. -

    Note the crime they were convicted of was religiously-aggravated rather than racially-aggravated? They are separate and distinct. It's why a Hearts fan was once convicted of a racially-aggravated public order offence when he described Celtic player Craig Bellamy as a "wee Welsh bastard." Had he uttered Christian, Sikh or some other religion instead of "Welsh" he'd have been done for a religiously-aggravated public order offence.

  16. #16

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    They arenít my claims theyíre the definition of what a race is.

    Do you only believe a definition if itís written in british law, thatís a bit big brother isnít it?

    Have you ever read 1984?

  17. #17

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    [quote]A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. First used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations, by the 17th century the term race began to refer to physical (phenotypical) traits. Modern scholarship regards race as a social construct, an identity which is assigned based on rules made by society. While partially based on physical similarities within groups, race is not an inherent physical or biological quality.[quote]

  18. #18

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Muslims are a race just like Jews are a race.

    Do you think an atheist person from a Jewish family would not have been put in a camp by the Nazis?

    Do you think an atheist Muslim from Iran can get into America?
    An "atheist Muslim" is a contradiction in terms. I'm afraid you are confusing ethnicity (I think you like to call it "race") with religious belief.

    There are white Muslims, Asian Christians and black Jews. Do you see the point?

  19. #19

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    They arenít my claims theyíre the definition of what a race is.

    Do you only believe a definition if itís written in british law, thatís a bit big brother isnít it?

    Have you ever read 1984?
    You stated unequivocally Muslims are a race. Not unnaturally I presumed that was your view as there was no indication it was someone or something else's. Now it appears you've parroted a mysterious entity's opinion while singularly failing to articulate why. Anyone can convert to Islam, Judaism, Christianity and so on and with it, in your world, become a member of different race. The subject of this thread surrounds an incident that occurred on British soil. It must be plain why British law is relevant. Yes, I have read that book.

  20. #20

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Your claims are contrary to British law. Read the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 for further clarification.

    Britain First leaders jailed for anti-Muslim hate crime - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8244161.html

    - The leaders of far-right extremist group Britain First have been jailed for anti-Muslim hate crimes after targeting people they incorrectly believed were involved in an ongoing rape trial.

    Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen, both of Beeches Close in Penge, were convicted on several counts of religiously-aggravated harassment following a trial at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court, which heard their actions could have caused rapists to walk free. -

    Note the crime they were convicted of was religiously-aggravated rather than racially-aggravated? They are separate and distinct. It's why a Hearts fan was once convicted of a racially-aggravated public order offence when he described Celtic player Craig Bellamy as a "wee Welsh bastard." Had he uttered Christian, Sikh or some other religion instead of "Welsh" he'd have been done for a religiously-aggravated public order offence.
    Just out of curiosity, why would he have been done for racially aggravated public order offence for the phrase ďwee Welsh bastardĒ?

    Welsh isnít a race, itís a nationality. Craig Bellamy is white, was the other guy not white? How was it racial?

  21. #21

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    An "atheist Muslim" is a contradiction in terms. I'm afraid you are confusing ethnicity (I think you like to call it "race") with religious belief.

    There are white Muslims, Asian Christians and black Jews. Do you see the point?
    It isnít a contradiction to racists though you see.

    To Nazis a person from Jewish parents who wasnít religious at all would still have been sent to auschwitz. Just as a person from a Muslim background who doesnít practice religion still gets abuse for being Muslim and would still not get into the US if they were from a certain country.

    Do you see the point?

  22. #22

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You stated unequivocally Muslims are a race. Not unnaturally I presumed that was your view as there was no indication it was someone or something else's. Now it appears you've parroted a mysterious entity's opinion while singularly failing to articulate why. Anyone can convert to Islam, Judaism, Christianity and so on and with it, in your world, become a member of different race. The subject of this thread surrounds an incident that occurred on British soil. It must be plain why British law is relevant. Yes, I have read that book.
    If youíd read the book you must realise the irony in parroting a governments view on what something is.

    Anyone can convert to them thatís why there is a difference between the Muslim religion and the Muslim race when it comes to instances like this and why you can be racist against a Muslim person and a Jewish person.

    Answer the question, do you think a person from Jewish parents who considered themselves to be an atheist would have not been sent to auschwitz?

  23. #23

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Muslims are a race just like Jews are a race.

    Do you think an atheist person from a Jewish family would not have been put in a camp by the Nazis?

    Do you think an atheist Muslim from Iran can get into America?
    Atheist Muslim is the funniest thing Iíve ever read on this board. Fair play you donít half come up with some gems

  24. #24

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Atheist Muslim is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this board. Fair play you don’t half come up with some gems
    It's a bit like being a Sunni Christian...

  25. #25

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Muslims are a race just like Jews are a race.

    Do you think an atheist person from a Jewish family would not have been put in a camp by the Nazis?

    Do you think an atheist Muslim from Iran can get into America?
    I don't think that Muslims are a race, maybe an ethnic group would better describe them, although there are some Jews who consider themselves a race and their religious beliefs as separate, same with some Arabs, they consider themselves a race and their religion separate also. It's very confusing.

  26. #26

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Dreadful , as he obviously not hiding his face, for any reason , and just innocently blowing his blowing his nose.

  27. #27

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that Muslims are a race, maybe an ethnic group would better describe them, although there are some Jews who consider themselves a race and their religious beliefs as separate, same with some Arabs, they consider themselves a race and their religion separate also. It's very confusing.
    Think Muslim is a follower of the religion of Islam.

  28. #28

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Atheist Muslim is the funniest thing Iíve ever read on this board. Fair play you donít half come up with some gems
    Obviously talking Shiite.

  29. #29

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If you’d read the book you must realise the irony in parroting a governments view on what something is.

    Anyone can convert to them that’s why there is a difference between the Muslim religion and the Muslim race when it comes to instances like this and why you can be racist against a Muslim person and a Jewish person.

    Answer the question, do you think a person from Jewish parents who considered themselves to be an atheist would have not been sent to auschwitz?
    I see your point but am not getting into that stuff because Moggis has recent form for deleting a thread he deemed was 'Holocaust denial'.

  30. #30

    Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

    Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why would he have been done for racially aggravated public order offence for the phrase ďwee Welsh bastardĒ?

    Welsh isnít a race, itís a nationality. Craig Bellamy is white, was the other guy not white? How was it racial?
    Welsh is a race as defined by the Act I mentioned in an earlier post. I, like you, think it's nonsense that Scottish, Irish, English and Welsh people constitute different races. Here's a press report of the case: Hearts fan is fined for racial remark against Celtic player - https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-1501...ayer-1-1067822

    The defendant, who was found guilty, I recall was white from reading a Hearts forum at the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •