+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at the polls........................

Looking at the polls........................

it seems that Conservative and Labour are in for an even worse drubbing on Thursday that they got in the Council elections earlier this month.I never thought that I'd ever see a national opinion poll which had support for the Tories at lower than 10 per cent and that's the only reason why the collapse of the Labour vote since the 2017 election is not being talked about more.

I saw a discussion on Newsnight a couple of days ago where academics claimed that the two main parties were "corpses" - I'm beginning to come around to the idea that they may be.

I'll be voting Green for the second time in my life on Thursday, still not sure who to cast my other vote for, but, as of now, I can't see it being Labour and I certainly won't be voting Conservative (or Brexit party).

Re: Looking at the polls........................

Decided to vote for plaid this time

It's 22 years since I last voted. But even before I realised it was an exercise in futility I never had any enthusiasm for the process because I realised at my first visit to a polling station that I wasn't about to partake in a secret ballot when the clerk wrote my voter registration number on the ballot paper. I imagine it's similar today and therefore simplicity to discover who everyone votes for.

Sad to say I cant vote for Labour , I am lost in a political wilderness , I will vote though as I feel if you have a view ( and I do loudly , Lol ) you you should exercise the democratic vote folk folk fought for and lots still cannot .

I wonder though when the general election comes and Brexit is still on the cards we see a brutal right v left battle as sides try to pull in those factions of the other parties , who seem to do well in the council and European elections .

Were the council elections , and up and coming Euro's an excuse to exercise a protest ???

You only have to view the way the Tories behaved after the referendum ,thinking they could take advantage of Labour voters who moved to an UKIP position , only to see them swing back to Labour at the general election ,when faced with a stark choice ?

I think both main parties have put us in this awful situation , because of Brexit, and will use the outputs of the European elections as a guide of how to fight the next election, and will lead that charge .

You only have to look at the latest right v left battle in Aussie to see it can swing back n forth ,as exit polls had suggested a narrow Labour win ??

Don't believe the polls!!!.

I'll not be voting again.

My region will be overwhelmingly 'brexit party'. I feel like it's probably the right time to give labour a '2nd ref' signal. So who to vote for? Lib Dems say they hold that ground but a higher percentage of their MP's voted for the deal (and brexit) than labour so it is a pretty wimpish claim. Tig/cuk are just a shitshow. It will most likely be the greens for me too as long as it isnt an almost certain waste of a vote.

According to the Remain United website, Plaid is the tactical vote in Wales (assuming you don't want to give Fartage an easy ride). I've never voted for them before but Plaid gets my vote this time.

https://www.remainunited.org/be-tactical/

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    According to the Remain United website, Plaid is the tactical vote in Wales (assuming you don't want to give Fartage an easy ride). I've never voted for them before but Plaid gets my vote this time.

https://www.remainunited.org/be-tactical/
    Intresting link and analysis ,its Interesting that with or without tactical voting the Brexit party doesnt take much of a hit either way .

And if you add up the leave block ( Labour, Tory, Brexit ) as a total its bigger than remain in both tables ,unless I'm reading it wrong .

The only party it effects substantially, is the Liberals.

In Wales the Brexit party will take a 50% hit with tactical voting (if the polling/analysis is correct). Without tactical voting the pound shop Enoch Powell gets half the welsh MEP's and he will be claiming that the people of Wales want his no deal brexit.

Yes overall it is predicted to have a limited effect on the Brexit party but the total number of MEP's from remain parties would increase by 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    it seems that Conservative and Labour are in for an even worse drubbing on Thursday that they got in the Council elections earlier this month.I never thought that I'd ever see a national opinion poll which had support for the Tories at lower than 10 per cent and that's the only reason why the collapse of the Labour vote since the 2017 election is not being talked about more.

I saw a discussion on Newsnight a couple of days ago where academics claimed that the two main parties were "corpses" - I'm beginning to come around to the idea that they may be.

I'll be voting Green for the second time in my life on Thursday, still not sure who to cast my other vote for, but, as of now, I can't see it being Labour and I certainly won't be voting Conservative (or Brexit party).
    Which other vote would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Which other vote would that be?
    The Change Party is on the ticket, if one fancies a comfort vote , as Liberal ?

If one wants to stay in Europe , only the Liberals and tge Change party are honest enough to say it .

I'm retired now. Any of you lads fearfully
    of losing your Job with a no deal Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I'm retired now. Any of you lads fearfully
    of losing your Job with a no deal Brexit
    On a personal note no , not sure how others will fair in other industries though?

I think service and goods will always be required,we could see local food suppliers benefit in some areas if were not buying products from Europe and we could produce here.

[QUOTE=dandywarhol;4974800]I'm retired now. Any of you lads fearfully
    of losing your Job with a no deal Brexit[/QUOTE

One of my family will lose their job for sure with a no deal brexit.

Another website suggests that voting Lib Dem is the preferred choice if you are a remainer. Both sites now saying that with or without tactical voting the Brexit Party will get 2 MEP's and Plaid will get one. Only difference is whether the Lib Dems or Labour get the other MEP.

https://www.remainvoter.com/

I’m voting Green. Until Labour have the balls to come out in favour of a second Referendum with no strings attached they have lost my vote.

Pearcey3 I take it you are still in England ?

Wonder if the Labour Party will be interested, or influenced, by this poll?

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...00865995485184

Wonder if the Labour Party will be interested, or influenced, by this poll?

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...00865995485184
    First comment I saw on that site - "Doh, Jeremy Corbyn."

About sums it up, won't be getting my vote unless they get off the fence

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    First comment I saw on that site - "Doh, Jeremy Corbyn."

About sums it up, won't be getting my vote unless they get off the fence
    Interesting analysis of all of the Brexit party candidates standing for election tomorrow.

https://medium.com/@SJHolloway/this-...s-2a59f8f850c5

Interesting analysis of all of the Brexit party candidates standing for election tomorrow.

https://medium.com/@SJHolloway/this-...s-2a59f8f850c5
    That hasn't exactly cheered me up Bob

Depressing

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    That hasn't exactly cheered me up Bob

Depressing
    What will be of interest is the number of votes they garner .

The other parties don't seem to be bothered about this election , other than the Liberals .

The sceptic in me suggests they are stepping back to avoid a vote split too create a simple and remain or leave MEP election , this in my view would give the best opinion poll one could wish for, as its actual votes of all and almost a proxy second referendum.

After that vote I think both the main parties will stop kicking the can down the road , and announce their real intention, instead of the current sitting on fence agenda .

One of the main issues I have with those espousing leave is that they all shout what they want but don't give any ways to achieve it.
    "Take us out of Europe"
    "How?"
    "Just take us out"
    "What about the mess?"
    "We'll be stronger, the EU won't control us, they'll be begging us for a deal"
    "Umm, what about the hit to the economy? the loss of jobs? how will we minimise the effect?"
    "We can deal with that later. take us out!"

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    One of the main issues I have with those espousing leave is that they all shout what they want but don't give any ways to achieve it.
    "Take us out of Europe"
    "How?"
    "Just take us out"
    "What about the mess?"
    "We'll be stronger, the EU won't control us, they'll be begging us for a deal"
    "Umm, what about the hit to the economy? the loss of jobs? how will we minimise the effect?"
    "We can deal with that later. take us out!"
    They could exit like the English football team does every time they enter

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Pearcey3 I take it you are still in England ?
    Yep.