Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Pulis gone

  1. #1

    Pulis gone


  2. #2

    Re: Pulis gone

    Praying he never manages this club

  3. #3

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Praying he never manages this club
    And me first thing I thought he's a dinosaur now , a lot of his ex clubs fans don't always think he was the best choice after his initial arrival .

  4. #4

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And me first thing I thought he's a dinosaur now , a lot of his ex clubs fans don't always think he was the best choice after his initial arrival .
    Stoke and WBA got rid and look at them now! If we had employed him instead of Ole we would still be in Premier League. He has never been relegated from Premier League unlike our present manager and he was a Childhood Cardiff fan so is one of us!

  5. #5

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Stoke and WBA got rid and look at them now! If we had employed him instead of Ole we would still be in Premier League. He has never been relegated from Premier League unlike our present manager and he was a Childhood Cardiff fan so is one of us!
    I always thought he was a plastic United fan.

  6. #6

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Stoke and WBA got rid and look at them now! If we had employed him instead of Ole we would still be in Premier League. He has never been relegated from Premier League unlike our present manager and he was a Childhood Cardiff fan so is one of us!
    He was at Palace when Malky was fired.

    It took stoke about 5 years after he left to get relegated, what’s your point?

    West Brom are where they are because of him ffs.

    He’s a complete dinosaur, games gone past him

  7. #7

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Stoke and WBA got rid and look at them now! If we had employed him instead of Ole we would still be in Premier League. He has never been relegated from Premier League unlike our present manager and he was a Childhood Cardiff fan so is one of us!
    Really? Not a Newport fan?

  8. #8

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Stoke and WBA got rid and look at them now! If we had employed him instead of Ole we would still be in Premier League. He has never been relegated from Premier League unlike our present manager and he was a Childhood Cardiff fan so is one of us!
    Pulis left Stoke in 2013 and they went down in 2018

  9. #9

    Re: Pulis gone

    Couldn't care if he is a Cardiff fan. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

  10. #10

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He was at Palace when Malky was fired.

    It took stoke about 5 years after he left to get relegated, what’s your point?

    West Brom are where they are because of him ffs.

    He’s a complete dinosaur, games gone past him
    He got Stoke promoted and kept them in the Premier League for 7 seasons,WBA were not in relegation zone when he was sacked, kept Palace up when they were relegation certainties. 10years in Premier League NEVER been relegated from any league. Better record than our Manager who although he has had 8 promotions, he’s also had 7 relegations!

  11. #11

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He got Stoke promoted and kept them in the Premier League for 7 seasons,WBA were not in relegation zone when he was sacked, kept Palace up when they were relegation certainties. 10years in Premier League NEVER been relegated from any league. Better record than our Manager who although he has had 8 promotions, he’s also had 7 relegations!
    Yet mark hughes took them to their best league finishes.

    He won about 2 games in the entire of 2017 before he got sacked, he’s a massive reason why West Brom are where they are, go and talk to a West Brom fan and they’ll agree with me.

    Yes he kept palace up but then threw a hissy fit when Parish wouldn’t let him piss away massive money like he did at stoke. He takes clubs backwards, stoke were on the slide before they sacked him same with West Brom and now Boro. I’d rather watch us in the championship for the remainder of my life than see us in the prem under pulls (if he could even get us there, he failed with Boro). His football is unbelievably turgid, it’s bordering on criminal

  12. #12

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Yet mark hughes took them to their best league finishes.

    He won about 2 games in the entire of 2017 before he got sacked, he’s a massive reason why West Brom are where they are, go and talk to a West Brom fan and they’ll agree with me.

    Yes he kept palace up but then threw a hissy fit when Parish wouldn’t let him piss away massive money like he did at stoke. He takes clubs backwards, stoke were on the slide before they sacked him same with West Brom and now Boro. I’d rather watch us in the championship for the remainder of my life than see us in the prem under pulls (if he could even get us there, he failed with Boro). His football is unbelievably turgid, it’s bordering on criminal
    He plays the same football as Warnock and Big Sam, it’s called Old school British football that’s why they’re a good fit if Warnock’s gone by Christmas!

  13. #13

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He plays the same football as Warnock and Big Sam, it’s called Old school British football that’s why they’re a good fit if Warnock’s gone by Christmas!
    He absolutely does not play the same football as either Sam or Warnock

  14. #14

    Re: Pulis gone

    At Stoke: he got them up, kept them up, reached FA Cup final, and was far away from the club when it eventually got relegated. However, Hughes did something Pulis never did by getting them a top 10 finish, in fact he did it multiple times.

    At Palace: he played perhaps the most attractive football of any of his sides and kept them up with a squad which is far poorer in individual talent than subsequent managers have enjoyed without moving them on from what Pulis did in the short-term. However, it was a short stay at that club.

    At West Brom: they were heading for relegation during his last few months there however how much could he have done when senior players entered the front pages for "playing GTA" in real life. Oh and one of the pundits said West Brom were playing like they did under Pulis this year when they reached the play-offs so they haven't been able to get success and better football than under Pulis despite being several years on.

    I would argue that Boro has been his only failure out of any of these four clubs.

  15. #15

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He absolutely does not play the same football as either Sam or Warnock
    No, he makes Allardyce and Warnock look refined.

  16. #16

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, he makes Allardyce and Warnock look refined.
    I went down to Newport to watch them in the cup vs Boro and if you told an uniformed person one of these sides were in the second tier of english football and the other is in the fourth tier, I'd bet money on them thinking County were the second tier side.

    It's incredible how he manages to suck the life out of clubs. I criticise Neil for his football, but I know it's nowhere near what Pulis is capable of.

  17. #17

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At West Brom: they were heading for relegation during his last few months there however how much could he have done when senior players entered the front pages for "playing GTA" in real life.
    Not a lot. Pardew was manager at that point.

  18. #18

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I went down to Newport to watch them in the cup vs Boro and if you told an uniformed person one of these sides were in the second tier of english football and the other is in the fourth tier, I'd bet money on them thinking County were the second tier side.

    It's incredible how he manages to suck the life out of clubs. I criticise Neil for his football, but I know it's nowhere near what Pulis is capable of.
    You obviously haven’t watched our Cup games under Warnock, have we won any?

  19. #19

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    You obviously haven’t watched our Cup games under Warnock, have we won any?
    Not arsed about cups, I doubt many others are. The football we were playing in the championship was fun to watch, I'll take that over whatever Pulis can muster up.

  20. #20

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Not arsed about cups, I doubt many others are. The football we were playing in the championship was fun to watch, I'll take that over whatever Pulis can muster up.
    And me, the promotion year was great , 32k at home to Reading, 5k in the cup to Burton .

    Cup has lost its glamour , as the league deliver the big rewards .

  21. #21

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And me, the promotion year was great , 32k at home to Reading, 5k in the cup to Burton .

    Cup has lost its glamour , as the league deliver the big rewards .
    That Villa match was amazing, it's the type of football I know the side are capable of when Neil lets them loose, shame it didn't happen enough this season.

    I'm grateful that I've seen us play in two cup finals, no problem if we don't make another one in my lifetime. I much rather focusing on the league and thankfully Neil does too

  22. #22

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Not a lot. Pardew was manager at that point.
    It was the same season though, wasn't it?

    Brighton got to the semi-final of the cup and survived in the league, Newport progressed in the cup and have got through to the play-offs, Bristol City (a couple of years ago) progressed in two cups and ran out of steam in the league, Wigan got to the final and were relegated going back further in time. If you have a smaller or weaker squad then cups become a distraction but there is no excuse for not going for it otherwise - we know from personal experience how exciting the latter rounds are.

  23. #23

    Re: Pulis gone

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He plays the same football as Warnock and Big Sam, it’s called Old school British football that’s why they’re a good fit if Warnock’s gone by Christmas!
    No he doesn't

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •