Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 48 of 48

Thread: 11 years today since the Cup final

  1. #31

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Try again...

    The build-up was epic, on here included when this board was much busier. Culminating in the nearly 6 weeks before the final when we knew we’d made it. Really a special time that could be savoured over months as we progressed.

    I also enjoyed the day - travelling on the train packed-full of City fans, couple of pints in The Globe getting tourists on passing busses to do The Ayatollah, Abide With Me, feeling disappointed but proud of The City after the game. Also had a pint in the Portsmouth fans pub with a couple of Pompey friends and all good fun. Great time to be a City fan.

  2. #32

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    The FAcup game just wasnít very good was it. I mean it was exciting to be in a Cup final, almost surreal in fact, but the day went by quickly and the game was just poor quality.

    TheBlackpool game was devastating - and even more so than realised at the time as if weíd gone up then Tan wouldnít have moved us into that god damn awful red.

    The Liverpool game was exciting, Ben Turners goal brilliant but we still ended up losing a penalty shoot out where the opposing side missed both their first 2 pens!

  3. #33

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why would more people come out of the woodwork for Cardiff Portsmouth than, say, Chelsea Man U from the previous year?

    It's a good question goats. Still unanswered.
    Pompey and Cardiff are 2 so called smaller teams, who can both muster big crowds if the sniff off glory is in the air. Especially us. Our first appearance since 1927 and a rare visit for Pompey was always gonna attract a massive crowd. When top 6 teams get to the final, itís not so big a deal as they get to finals far more often than us.

  4. #34

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Pompey and Cardiff are 2 so called smaller teams, who can both muster big crowds if the sniff off glory is in the air. Especially us. Our first appearance since 1927 and a rare visit for Pompey was always gonna attract a massive crowd. When top 6 teams get to the final, itís not so big a deal as they get to finals far more often than us.
    Really? That's the reason about 50 more people attended our final than Chelsea vs Man Utd?

    It wasn't a massive crowd because of two clubs finally getting a sniff of glory, it was a massive crowd because it was the FA cup final. It's always a massive crowd. But ours was slightly more massive than the others.

  5. #35

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Really? That's the reason about 50 more people attended our final than Chelsea vs Man Utd?

    It wasn't a massive crowd because of two clubs finally getting a sniff of glory, it was a massive crowd because it was the FA cup final. It's always a massive crowd. But ours was slightly more massive than the others.
    What are we talking in terms of difference, 100, 500, 1000? Anywhere around those figures has to mean that the seating allocation was different for our game. I can't see Chelsea, Liverpool, United etc not being able to sell the last couple of hundred tickets nd handing them back simply because they get to plenty of cup finals.

  6. #36

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Really? That's the reason about 50 more people attended our final than Chelsea vs Man Utd?

    It wasn't a massive crowd because of two clubs finally getting a sniff of glory, it was a massive crowd because it was the FA cup final. It's always a massive crowd. But ours was slightly more massive than the others.
    Thatís my take on it. Why have you always got to be so arsey?. Why donít you or Goats contact Wembley stadium and ask ?

  7. #37

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What are we talking in terms of difference, 100, 500, 1000? Anywhere around those figures has to mean that the seating allocation was different for our game. I can't see Chelsea, Liverpool, United etc not being able to sell the last couple of hundred tickets nd handing them back simply because they get to plenty of cup finals.
    Exactly, there's some technicality (the difference was less than 50) so it would be interesting to know what it was.

  8. #38

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s my take on it. Why have you always got to be so arsey?. Why don’t you or Goats contact Wembley stadium and ask ?

    See above

  9. #39

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    I also seem to recall reading that the highest peak tv audience for the Carling/League Cup was City against Liverpool.

    Basically when City reach a cup final the records tumble

  10. #40

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    It was a great cup run. The home game against Wolves was some of our best football and then that magical win at the Boro. I was trying to soak up the atmosphere in the final but the whole day just went too quickly. It's something I'll never forget though.
    I managed to get to every game we played in the FA cup that year. It was a brilliant ride.

  11. #41

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I also seem to recall reading that the highest peak tv audience for the Carling/League Cup was City against Liverpool.

    Basically when City reach a cup final the records tumble
    It was up until a year or two ago I think.

  12. #42

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    It was up until a year or two ago I think.
    Cardiff City v Liverpool 89,041 in 2012
    Spurs v Chelsea 89,294 in 2015

  13. #43

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Cardiff City v Liverpool 89,041 in 2012
    Spurs v Chelsea 89,294 in 2015
    Bit more than that Iíd have thought, a lot more in fact.

  14. #44

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Cardiff City v Liverpool 89,041 in 2012
    Spurs v Chelsea 89,294 in 2015
    I was referring to tv audience like.

  15. #45

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I was referring to tv audience like.
    I didn't realise football was shown on tv.

  16. #46

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    See above
    All tongue in cheek, but your such a seeeerrrious character. Bet your a bundle of fun to live with.
    Obviously ticket allocations get snapped up for an FA cup final. Croesy can probably tell you why our game had a slightly bigger allocation. Heís usually got all the answers.

  17. #47

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    All tongue in cheek, but your such a seeeerrrious character. Bet your a bundle of fun to live with.
    Obviously ticket allocations get snapped up for an FA cup final. Croesy can probably tell you why our game had a slightly bigger allocation. He’s usually got all the answers.
    After your performance last week, I'm not sure you can accuse anyone else of taking things too seriously

  18. #48

    Re: 11 years today since the Cup final

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    After your performance last week, I'm not sure you can accuse anyone else of taking things too seriously
    Didnít think youíd want to bring that thread up again, seeing as you failed to produce a single shred of evidence to back up your wild accusation 😎

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •