+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You've just won 5 million quid on the Lotto!

Re: You've just won 5 million quid on the Lotto!

You'd have friends you never knew you had that's for sure.

Id buy a coach/bus and start running away days for city fans.
    That's where the real money is.
    😉😉

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Retire. Try and do some good for my family and other people. Although 5M is not a lot.
    Better than a kick up the arse mind.
    I’d give 500k to my two Sisters then go halves with Mum.

I’d buy a top of the range coach, with everything on it, so all TIT regulars could travel away in total comfort and FREE

As I am 25 would like to try and make it last, 250k to each parent and 250k to my sister.
    get my own moderate 5 bed house, rent out a few rooms to my mates at cost price to cover bills, as a few of us are single atm.
    invest in some buy to let properties, I work in construction so will do some buy to sell developments to keep me busy 2 or 3 a year.

hopefully that will grow my wealth overall, so I can send my nieces, future kids and grand kids to private school, best investment for a person in the world is education.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    As I am 25 would like to try and make it last, 250k to each parent and 250k to my sister.
    get my own moderate 5 bed house, rent out a few rooms to my mates at cost price to cover bills, as a few of us are single atm.
    invest in some buy to let properties, I work in construction so will do some buy to sell developments to keep me busy 2 or 3 a year.

hopefully that will grow my wealth overall, so I can send my nieces, future kids and grand kids to private school, best investment for a person in the world is education.
    A very sensible approach. All you need now is a £5m win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    A very sensible approach. All you need now is a £5m win.
    That seems to be the stumbling block for most of us it seems

A little story about money that made me laugh, when Bale was sold for 80 million, my elderly grandmother went on a rant,

'that is a ridiculous amount of money, there are 80 million people in this country you could give everyone a million pound each instead of wasting it on a sports star.'

A little story about money that made me laugh, when Bale was sold for 80 million, my elderly grandmother went on a rant,

'that is a ridiculous amount of money, there are 80 million people in this country you could give everyone a million pound each instead of wasting it on a sports star.'
    Bit of a mathematician is she? 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit of a mathematician is she? ������
    She's no Carol Vorderman

You've just won 5 million quid on the Lotto!
    Where the fcuk is the ticket mate?

I’d set aside a fund to make sure that my nephews and niece can go through university or an educational route of their choosing without having the pressure of student debt burdening them. I’d also make sure that there is plenty to look after my parents as they fall dependent on others in older age.

I’d quit my present employment and head off to see all the wonders of the world that I’m yet to visit. Chichen Itza, Nazca, Teotihaucan, Machu Picchu.

On my return I’d spend several months deciding on a small business which I could run as a sole trader and that would genuinely be enjoyable. A business that would afford me the time to study whatever college course took my fancy.

I’d also make a healthy and sizeable donation to Macmillan Cancer Support.

That aside, I suspect that I’d play a lot of golf and drink too much fine red wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    I’d set aside a fund to make sure that my nephews and niece can go through university or an educational route of their choosing without having the pressure of student debt burdening them. I’d also make sure that there is plenty to look after my parents as they fall dependent on others in older age.

I’d quit my present employment and head off to see all the wonders of the world that I’m yet to visit. Chichen Itza, Nazca, Teotihaucan, Machu Picchu.

On my return I’d spend several months deciding on a small business which I could run as a sole trader and that would genuinely be enjoyable. A business that would afford me the time to study whatever college course took my fancy.

I’d also make a healthy and sizeable donation to Macmillan Cancer Support.

That aside, I suspect that I’d play a lot of golf and drink too much fine red wine.
    While it is always nice not to have to have a load of student loans, they really are not a burden. there is a lot of mis-information of what I believe is actually a good system.

I have 25k of loans, and I am under no pressure to pay it, I currently do not earn enough to pay anything back, and when i do it is just a small percentage on what I earn over 23k a year. Most people never will have to pay back there entire loan by the time it is wiped off. It also does not affect credit rating or mortgage applications.

it is really just a graduate tax which the government has done a terrible job of marketing.

martin lewis explains it really well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mu0Q8Rl_I8

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Better than a kick up the arse mind.
    I’d give 500k to my two Sisters then go halves with Mum.
    ertainly is

It most certainly is. But after me and the Mrs retiring, paying off the mortgage, buying a beach house and giving money to my kids. There wouldn't be much left for everyone else.

Make sure its one that teaches the right curriculum.

I'd give 300k to each of my 2 sons. 400k to spend as the wife and I choose. The remaining £4 million would put into bonds - would prob. get £120k pa - £80-90k after tax. Could live quite comfortably on £1,700 a week, and do pretty much whatever we have ever wanted to do. When we've gone, the £4m is still there, subject to an accountant keeping the govt's hands off it..