+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A lot has been said about Chelsea's offside goal against us...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A lot has been said about Chelsea's offside goal against us...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, it was the correct decision, the initial contact was made outside the penalty area as I recall. As for the other incidents you mention I cannot recall them, but are you seriously claiming that decisions have evened themselves out over the course of the season as the cliche goes as far as City are concerned because, believe me, they haven't.
    No, I'd say City definitely had the rough end of the stick on balance, but a lot of the decisions people (including yourself) now claim were certain fouls/penalties were actually debatable at best, while a number of similar incidents immediately got forgotten because they went in Cardiff's favour. You've proved that in this thread. For instance, even Warnock said Arsenal should have had a first half penalty!

As for the Huddersfield thing, you're having a laugh. Every pundit who reviewed it on TV thought it was a blatant penalty, and there's a reason for that. City definitely got away with one there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    No, I'd say City definitely had the rough end of the stick on balance, but a lot of the decisions people (including yourself) now claim were certain fouls/penalties were actually debatable at best, while a number of similar incidents immediately got forgotten because they went in Cardiff's favour. You've proved that in this thread. For instance, even Warnock said Arsenal should have had a first half penalty!

As for the Huddersfield thing, you're having a laugh. Every pundit who reviewed it on TV thought it was a blatant penalty, and there's a reason for that. City definitely got away with one there.
    Just watched the Huddersfield incident again on the club website - first contact is a good two yards outside the penalty area and then the player decides to fall down once he inside the box. Bennett may have been a bit cute in making sure there was contact with his opponent, but if that was a penalty, we should have had about fifteen of them for fouls on Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched the Huddersfield incident again on the club website - first contact is a good two yards outside the penalty area and then the player decides to fall down once he inside the box. Bennett may have been a bit cute in making sure there was contact with his opponent, but if that was a penalty, we should have had about fifteen of them for fouls on Morrison.
    15 may be an understatement. Hes had nothing all season.