+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A lot has been said about Chelsea's offside goal against us...

A lot has been said about Chelsea's offside goal against us...

...but we aren't the only casualties of that howler.

I know it's only notional but had Chelsea not picked up 3 points that day, Arsenal would got the Champions League spot and Chelsea the Europa League.

Re: A lot has been said about Chelsea's offside goal against us...

Was it the worst decision of the season? The only one I think comes close was another one against us. The failure to award a penalty in the home game against Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Was it the worst decision of the season? The only one I think comes close was another one against us. The failure to award a penalty in the home game against Watford.
    The reversal of the pelanty awarded at Burnley !!!

International

Its a very good illustration of how a seemingly isolated incident can have ramifications far further and more important to some people than might be imagined.
    Perfect example of the ripples made by dropping a pebble in a pool of water.

....or a butterfly fluttering it's wings in a Brazilian jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Unfortunately, that was the correct decision.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Unfortunately, that was the correct decision.
    Was it bollox, !!!!!!!

How come the defender looked so guilty ????

Was it bollox, !!!!!!!

How come the defender looked so guilty ????
    They showed it on ref watch and explained it. Can't recall why it was correct, but it was.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    They showed it on ref watch and explained it. Can't recall why it was correct, but it was.
    Seen that myself and all he said was “he could see why he reversed it”, he never said it was the correct decision !!!!!

It was handball, the same as what was given AGAINST us at home to Newcastle

Our goal to win at home against Brighton was pretty bad. I firmly believe that Chelsea result would have inspired us and Brighton would have shit themselves.

Flip it around though and without that win against Brighton maybe we never get close enough to test them.

For me the non award of the penalty home to Watford was the worst of the lot. Ref has clear sight of it, not far from him and its nailed on. He actually saw it far closer than I did and decided not to give it. Least with Chelsea the linesman didn't get himself in the right position to have a choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Was it the worst decision of the season?
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the comedy penalty at Old Trafford last weekend. Can you imagine Warnock's reaction if a penalty like that had been given against City in a game that had something riding on it? Oddly, he didn't complain about the quality of the officials at Manchester.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the comedy penalty at Old Trafford last weekend. Can you imagine Warnock's reaction if a penalty like that had been given against City in a game that had something riding on it? Oddly, he didn't complain about the quality of the officials at Manchester.
    Oh come on!! we all know it doesn't count if it's in our favour. It's just luck then!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Oh come on!! we all know it doesn't count if it's in our favour. It's just luck then!!
    The point is that the dodgy penalty at Old Trafford, the, marginally, offside winner against Brighton and Gunnar getting away with the sort of penalty area wrestling hold that are commonly committed on our captain against Chelsea were the only occasions where a major match affecting decision went in our favour - the only time we had the "rub of the green" (the reversed penalty against Huddersfield should not be counted because it ensured that the correct decision was made).

Off the top of my head, I can think of a dubious penalties against us for Bournemouth and Newcastle, a very strong claim for one at Everton, an obvious one against Watford, a whole host of decisions which went Chelsea's way, what happened at Burnley and fouls on Morrison in the penalty area by Liverpool and Fulham players as instances where we had justifiable complaint against the performance of match officials.

If our home results had been better against Burnely, Huddersfield, Leicester and Newcastle , these decisions would not be such a talking point .

If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle...
    No wait not in this gender neutral era.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The point is that the dodgy penalty at Old Trafford, the, marginally, offside winner against Brighton and Gunnar getting away with the sort of penalty area wrestling hold that are commonly committed on our captain against Chelsea were the only occasions where a major match affecting decision went in our favour - the only time we had the "rub of the green" (the reversed penalty against Huddersfield should not be counted because it ensured that the correct decision was made).

Are you serious?!? The correct decision indeed.....

How about the blatant penalty that wasn't given against Southampton?

Weren't Arsenal denied a clear penalty at the Emirates before half-time?

Are you serious?!? The correct decision indeed.....

How about the blatant penalty that wasn't given against Southampton?

Weren't Arsenal denied a clear penalty at the Emirates before half-time?
    Yes, it was the correct decision, the initial contact was made outside the penalty area as I recall. As for the other incidents you mention I cannot recall them, but are you seriously claiming that decisions have evened themselves out over the course of the season as the cliche goes as far as City are concerned because, believe me, they haven't.

Its all irrelevant.

But lets face it only the most anti Cardiff people would even try to put forward an argument that things evened out.

Yes, it was the correct decision, the initial contact was made outside the penalty area as I recall. As for the other incidents you mention I cannot recall them, but are you seriously claiming that decisions have evened themselves out over the course of the season as the cliche goes as far as City are concerned because, believe me, they haven't.
    Eg.

Liverpool Morrison fouled no pen. Salah fouled pen.

Not that it makes a difference but Morrison was the one with a clearer chance.

No, I'd say City definitely had the rough end of the stick on balance, but a lot of the decisions people (including yourself) now claim were certain fouls/penalties were actually debatable at best, while a number of similar incidents immediately got forgotten because they went in Cardiff's favour. You've proved that in this thread. For instance, even Warnock said Arsenal should have had a first half penalty!

As for the Huddersfield thing, you're having a laugh. Every pundit who reviewed it on TV thought it was a blatant penalty, and there's a reason for that. City definitely got away with one there.

No, I'd say City definitely had the rough end of the stick on balance, but a lot of the decisions people (including yourself) now claim were certain fouls/penalties were actually debatable at best, while a number of similar incidents immediately got forgotten because they went in Cardiff's favour. You've proved that in this thread. For instance, even Warnock said Arsenal should have had a first half penalty!

As for the Huddersfield thing, you're having a laugh. Every pundit who reviewed it on TV thought it was a blatant penalty, and there's a reason for that. City definitely got away with one there.
    Were you as anti City, when you used to support them?

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Were you as anti City, when you used to support them?
    I’m not anti-City all. On the contrary, although I’m no longer a supporter as such, I was very keen for the club to stay in the Premier League. However, the pro-City bias some exhibit when discussing issues like refereeing decisions is laughable. There is seldom any balance.

I’m not anti-City all. On the contrary, although I’m no longer a supporter as such, I was very keen for the club to stay in the Premier League. However, the pro-City bias some exhibit when discussing issues like refereeing decisions is laughable. There is seldom any balance.
    Why should there be balance?

Nothing odd about it.
    He couldn't afford to.

Of course weve had decisions in our favour but its been commented by plenty of independents about the shockers weve had. Even Adrian feckin Durham has gone on about it.