+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Midfielders for next season.

Re: Midfielders for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yeah, why on earth would Warnock go back and pick the players who got us 90 points last time we were in the Championship.

He must be mad...

Lads, Morrison, Ralls, Hoillet, Patterson are proven at this level and in fairness didn’t do too bad this season when you look at what they were up against.

We’ve got enough to do to sort the 2 other spots in midfield and a 20 goal striker without trying to fix things that certainly aren’t broken.
    That was 2 seasons ago. Please tell me you don't automatically think that every single player who did well for us in the Championship 2 seasons ago are guaranteed to do the same. You've been around football longer than I have to know full well that won't happen.

Ralls will be fine next season, would be good if we can find 2 new midfielders to compete alongside him Bacuna and Paterson - a youngster and an experienced head would be a good combination (Arter would be a good addition in the Championship but wages and willingness on his part means that won’t happen, guess the same with somebody like Joe Allen). Vaulks and Matt Smith would be good - be nice to have some “Welsh” players in the side - Vaulks might be more realistic than Matt Smith though.

We’ve got to find a goal scorer too - I’m not convinced we can rely on Zohore again.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think any team in the championship would take Joe Ralls.
    I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yeah, why on earth would Warnock go back and pick the players who got us 90 points last time we were in the Championship.

He must be mad...

Lads, Morrison, Ralls, Hoillet, Patterson are proven at this level and in fairness didn’t do too bad this season when you look at what they were up against.

We’ve got enough to do to sort the 2 other spots in midfield and a 20 goal striker without trying to fix things that certainly aren’t broken.
    We massively defied the odds that season. We never looked like we were playing within ourselves, it always seemed like we were punching above our weight and the football was often dire. It would be a big ask two seasons later for the same players to go through that again.
    Every game was like watching a Cup Final, they left everything they had out on the pitch, it was probably a factor why we had so many injuries and players not declared fit enough to start. You can get away with that one season (as we obviously did) but it's a BIG ask to expect them to repeat that.