+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Midfielders for next season.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Midfielders for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What is it I'm not seeing in Ralls that others are? Hess mid table championship player at best imo
    I am not sure a mid table championship side would have him in their starting eleven ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I am not sure a mid table championship side would have him in their starting eleven ?
    Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one who held such an opinion. I remember him having a good game in our away win at Wolves, other than that I thought he was just average.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only one who held such an opinion. I remember him having a good game in our away win at Wolves, other than that I thought he was just average.
    And yet he was an automatic selection in a team which came second - I thought he'd handle the Premier League better than he did, but Id be happy enough with him in our central midfield all next season as long as we sign someone to replace Gunnar and someone else who can provide good quality cover in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And yet he was an automatic selection in a team which came second - I thought he'd handle the Premier League better than he did, but Id be happy enough with him in our central midfield all next season as long as we sign someone to replace Gunnar and someone else who can provide good quality cover in that area.
    Warnock calls Ralls his "Ralls Royce" and has definite Premier League quality. He's got limitations but he's a Championship midfield player. I've come away from plenty of games this season thinking he was our best player, which is either praise or an indictment on our squad. Either way, I think Warnock will put him in the team and have him as the first player on the teamsheet.

I agree, average at best. One paced - slow to think and act, can't dictate play, gets caught on the wrong side of players when defending, takes far too many touches, can't use his weaker foot and can't see the killer ball. He's a plodder.

Ralls blows hot and cold. When he returned to our side early this year, he was our top performing midfielder for a while, yet I don't see him as a midfielder who offers any drive or purpose to our midfield, while his passing isn't the best, certainly not at PL standards.

I'd have him as cover but, for me, our midfield needs a complete overhaul. The only centre midfielder I'd have from last season is Camarasa, yet I fear he'd drift in and out of games in the Championship, where things are more competitive. Arter would be ok, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ralls blows hot and cold. When he returned to our side early this year, he was our top performing midfielder for a while, yet I don't see him as a midfielder who offers any drive or purpose to our midfield, while his passing isn't the best, certainly not at PL standards.

I'd have him as cover but, for me, our midfield needs a complete overhaul. The only centre midfielder I'd have from last season is Camarasa, yet I fear he'd drift in and out of games in the Championship, where things are more competitive. Arter would be ok, but that's it.
    Totally agree Eric. Cover is a good option but I fear Warnock will continue to play favourite faces.
    I believe Hoilet will also command a place.
    A complete overhaul is required, or perhaps coachPatterson to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Totally agree Eric. Cover is a good option but I fear Warnock will continue to play favourite faces.
    I believe Hoilet will also command a place.
    A complete overhaul is required, or perhaps coachPatterson to play there.
    It's my concern too. I'd hate to think that we'd start the season with Ralls and Bacuna together in midfield and that he'd also go with Peltier (yeah, I know he does well whenever called upon, but we need a rightback who can get forward more). A new starting rightback and NOT a squad player who is cover for Peltier.