+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midfielders for next season.

Midfielders for next season.

With Camarasa, Arter and Gunnarsson leaving we are very short of midfielders for next season. Don't know about you lot but I like playing the role of scout and watching the play-off between Charlton and Doncaster last night I liked the look of Doncaster's Player of the Year, Ben Whiteman. Right sort of age, early twenties, possibly would see coming to Cardiff as a chance of Premier League football. No idea what sort of fee would be asked or what sort of wages.

Is there any chance we could get Ampadu on loan?

Re: Midfielders for next season.

Most likely be Paterson, Bacuna, Ralls, Reid and one other.

Some interesting names in this lot, including former favourites, former targets and a few near pension age!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...l-city-2857453

Nick Powell at Wigan stands out in those lists.

Even though he’s a piss head, “OUR NEIL” could get Danny Drinkwater’s career back on track, that’s if he wants to play and not get splinters in his arse (ok, I know they’re plastic these days)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    With Camarasa, Arter and Gunnarsson leaving we are very short of midfielders for next season. Don't know about you lot but I like playing the role of scout and watching the play-off between Charlton and Doncaster last night I liked the look of Doncaster's Player of the Year, Ben Whiteman. Right sort of age, early twenties, possibly would see coming to Cardiff as a chance of Premier League football. No idea what sort of fee would be asked or what sort of wages.

Is there any chance we could get Ampadu on loan?
    Extremely ambitious but Joe Aribo on a free would be amazing. He'll probably go somewhere bigger but stranger things have happened.

Ampadu on loan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Ampadu on loan
    If Lampstand gets the Chelski gig, he’ll be playing for them

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Fills me with dread.

Ralls will be 1st choice. 2 others will come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fills me with dread.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Ralls will be 1st choice. 2 others will come in.
    If Ralls is our first choice then we really got problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fills me with dread.
    Me too unless the “one other” is a startlingly creative player with speed and vision. Not likely is it ?

I'd be building the team around Bobby Reid personally.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'd be building the team around Bobby Reid personally.
    Likewise.
    I’d be happy with a starting Midfield of Ralls, Ampadu and Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I'd be worried about that line up if I'm honest and we truly do want to progress ,as someone has suggested :Nick Powell is a good name, still only 25.
    Jack Rodwell .
    Glenn Whelan.

??

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    If Ralls is our first choice then we really got problems.
    Like automatic promotion last time he was 1st choice!

Bobby Reid in behind the striker. That’s where we need him.

Ralls, Bacuna, and 2 others to pick from in behind.

Is Bacuna consistent enough?

although it is always nice to get some fresh blood in, to be fair - ralls, bacuna, reid, patterson is a very good championship midfield

also Damour is useful if he has a good pre-season and wants to fight for his place

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    although it is always nice to get some fresh blood in, to be fair - ralls, bacuna, reid, patterson is a very good championship midfield

also Damour is useful if he has a good pre-season and wants to fight for his place
    Agree with this. Pertently not good enough for the premier League but I think it looks strong at championship level. In fact I think that about every area of the team. We have a very strong CHAMPIONSHIP team already and we'll be adding a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd be worried about that line up if I'm honest and we truly do want to progress ,as someone has suggested :Nick Powell is a good name, still only 25.
    Jack Rodwell .
    Glenn Whelan.

??
    Glenn Whelan is 35 !! He was also the worst player on the pitch against West Brom and Villa only took control when he was subbed and Hourihane went on. His legs have gone.

Jack Rodwell averages around 20 first team games a season over his entire career and in the last 2 years has only played 12 times. Chris Coleman said his head was gone at Sunderland.

We need to do far better than this to improve the team. The sort of midfielder we should be looking at is Hourihane or Barry Bannan, both of whom could hack it easily in the Premier League.

It has been suggested to me we should move for Tom Bayliss at Coventry but it goes against everything Warnock stands for when it comes to giving youth a chance.

Also, if Etheridge goes we could do far worse than Adam Davies who is out of contract at Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Glenn Whelan is 35 !! He was also the worst player on the pitch against West Brom and Villa only took control when he was subbed and Hourihane went on. His legs have gone.

Jack Rodwell averages around 20 first team games a season over his entire career and in the last 2 years has only played 12 times. Chris Coleman said his head was gone at Sunderland.

We need to do far better than this to improve the team. The sort of midfielder we should be looking at is Hourihane or Barry Bannan, both of whom could hack it easily in the Premier League.
    Agree on Whelan. Not on Bannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Like automatic promotion last time he was 1st choice!
    Our midfield in that promotion season was constantly overrun and struggled to keep possession. We gained promotion despite that midfield, not because of it.