Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
The plan has got to be a bit more than that though hasn’t it? How is that going to set us apart from all the other clubs already doing that, assuming the plan is also to deliver success on the field?
It's a good question. I don't think that we have to completely change the way we play in order to gain some sustained success, although that will happen when Warnock goes (which was the original point of the thread) I suppose what's needed to stand out as succeed is a decent recruitment policy and a youth system that can produce a player with ability and value every couple of years or so, the margins are probably quite small. What i do believe is that if we continue to employ the style of play we've witnessed from this team over the past 18 months or so then we will go backwards and somebody is going to have undo it all and start again, unless the club can fuse together what Warnock brings with a lot more belief in keeping the ball at the right times and an ability to play, give players options and support the front man when he's on the ball. I'm not a football purist, i don't mind us playing a bit of long ball, hitting channels etc but we must be able to compose ourselves when we need to and possess the ability to keep the ball for sustained periods, although i can't see that happening under Warnock.