+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Man City 6 - 0 Watford: FA Cup Final thread

Re: Man City v Watford: FA Cup Final thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m happier that they’re the first club to do the domestic treble rather than Man U or Liverpool though. It’s not a bad thing that their noses are being put out of joint.
    Why? At least when Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool won the double it was a thing. Now you can just about buy anything. Except the Champions' League.

Re: FT: Man City 6 - 0 Watford: FA Cup Final thread

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Game was over as soon as Man City made it three nil. Think Watford will regret that for two out of those three goals they didn't force Man City to show the greater level of skill, composure, football intelligence that their much greater budget has contributed to and instead just weren't strong enough or determined enough - if they had 11 Troy Deeney's they wouldn't have conceded those goals.

What a keeper Ederson is? Man City could have been one nil down but he made a great save, Watford were looking to break but he intervened again which started the move for the first goal. De Bruyne may have made it a record breaking equalling score but Ederson started it all when the game was still at 0-0 so for me he was MotM.
    They wouldn't have reached the Final either.

In some ways, I'd rate Watford as the best side we played against this season and, so when I was asked for a prediction an hour or two before kick off, it was Man City to win, but Watford to give them a really tough game - I went for 1-0. Therefore, I can hardly call what happened predictable - for a side to turn on the style against decent opposition is rare in a Cup Final.

Man City are a great football team with a strange aversion to the latter stages of the Champions League - I hope UEFA throw the back at them if they are guilty of reported financial irregularities because they're good enough to have to resort to that sort of thing.

Can’t understand what all the fuss is about.
    The best team in England hit top form, against one of the lesser lights from the same division, whose players didn’t really turn up for the big occasion.
    All this “buying success” is just nonsense.
    That’s been happening in football for yrs, and it ain’t gonna stop anytime soon.
    If some folk are not happy with that, then just give up following the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why? At least when Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool won the double it was a thing. Now you can just about buy anything.
    You're talking nonsense.

The league and cup double happened more frequently in the Nineties (four times) than in any other decade.

It's only happened twice in the last ten years and three times in the last twenty years.

If it was a simple as the richest club wins the double, it would have happened a lot more frequently over the years than it has.

Meanwhile, the domestic treble has never been done before.

Re: Man City v Watford

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Biggest winning margin in an FA Cup final since 1902/03. Painfully predictable, though.

So Man City battering Watford was a massive shock and completely unpredictable

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    So Man City battering Watford was a massive shock and completely unpredictable
    Well the odds on it happening were around the 50/1 mark, so I guess there must be plenty of you wise guys with full wallets today.

Heisenberg

Well the odds on it happening were around the 50/1 mark, so I guess there must be plenty of you wise guys with full wallets today.

5-0 was 20/1. 50/1 for 6-0 seems highly unlikely.

Silly me, it truly was a shock that Manchester City, who've beaten Watford in each of their past 10 fixtures against one another by an aggregate score of 32-6, managed to overcome them in convincing fashion, a truly magical FA Cup shock

You're talking nonsense.

The league and cup double happened more frequently in the Nineties (four times) than in any other decade.

It's only happened twice in the last ten years and three times in the last twenty years.

If it was a simple as the richest club wins the double, it would have happened a lot more frequently over the years than it has.

Meanwhile, the domestic treble has never been done before.
    The only reason the domestic treble has never been done is because, for the last quarter of a century, the top teams wanted to win just 2 things. CL and PL. Man City are the first who could field a reserve team that would finish top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Could get forties and fifties for 6-0. 75 just before the first goal.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Could get forties and fifties for 6-0. 75 just before the first goal.
    20/1 were the best odds for 5-0 on Oddschecker (put a fiver on and cashed out at 5-0) - seems bizarre that the odds would double for a further goal.

I don't know what the exact odds were and it would depend on what bookmaker you used, but I'm sure you could have got something like 40/1 or 50/1 on 6-0 for a 1/5 shot if you shopped around. For instance, AC Milan are 1/5 at home to Frosinone today. 6-0 is 45/1 with BetVictor.

20/1 were the best odds for 5-0 on Oddschecker (put a fiver on and cashed out at 5-0) - seems bizarre that the odds would double for a further goal.
    Really? Parma are 100/1 to beat Fiorentina 4-0 today. 200/1 for 5-0 so it is bizarre that the odds have doubled for a single goal there.

AC Milan are 17/1 to win 5-0 today. 35/1 to win 6-0. Again, the odds doubling for a single goal.

Wrong thread.

Heisenberg

Really? Parma are 100/1 to beat Fiorentina 4-0 today. 200/1 for 5-0 so it is bizarre that the odds have doubled for a single goal there.

AC Milan are 17/1 to win 5-0 today. 35/1 to win 6-0. Again, the odds doubling for a single goal.
    I stand corrected. I didn't think it would be the case in the Man City game though as there's a much bigger disparity between the teams than there is between Parma and Fiorentina.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Silly me, it truly was a shock that Manchester City, who've beaten Watford in each of their past 10 fixtures against one another by an aggregate score of 32-6, managed to overcome them in convincing fashion, a truly magical FA Cup shock
    Come on now, you're being silly.....

Manchester City managing to overcome Watford in convincing fashion wasn't a shock, but neither was a 6-0 scoreline 'painfully predictable'.

Personally, like most people it seems, I expected City to win 2-0 or 3-1 or something like that, although a 1-0 victory similar to their semi-final victory over Brighton or their recent win against Leicester wouldn't have surprised me. 6-0 did surprise me, though.

I'm sorry for you that you didn't enjoy the game. I thought it was excellent entertainment. Man City are a joy to watch when they're in full flow and their work-rate is astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The build-up was epic, on here included when this board was much busier. Culminating in the nearly 6 weeks before the final when we knew we’d made it. Really a special time that could be savoured over months as we progressed.

I also enjoyed the day - travelling on the train packed-full of City fans, couple of pints in The Globe getting tourists on passing busses to do The Ayatollah, Abide With Me, feeling disappointed but proud of The City after the game. Also had a pint in the Portsmouth fans pub with a couple of Pompey friends and all good fun. Great time to be a City fan.
    Wrong thread.....

I stand corrected. I didn't think it would be the case in the Man City game though as there's a much bigger disparity between the teams than there is between Parma and Fiorentina.
    Best to check facts before spouting off.

Heisenberg

Best to check facts before spouting off.
    Amazing I said "seems highly unlikely" and "seems bizarre". Spouting off, indeed.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In some ways, I'd rate Watford as the best side we played against this season and, so when I was asked for a prediction an hour or two before kick off, it was Man City to win, but Watford to give them a really tough game - I went for 1-0. Therefore, I can hardly call what happened predictable - for a side to turn on the style against decent opposition is rare in a Cup Final.

Man City are a great football team with a strange aversion to the latter stages of the Champions League - I hope UEFA throw the back at them if they are guilty of reported financial irregularities because they're good enough not to have to resort to that sort of thing.
    Politely edited for you.

Come on now, you're being silly.....

Manchester City managing to overcome Watford in convincing fashion wasn't a shock, but neither was a 6-0 scoreline 'painfully predictable'.

Personally, like most people it seems, I expected City to win 2-0 or 3-1 or something like that, although a 1-0 victory similar to their semi-final victory over Brighton or their recent win against Leicester wouldn't have surprised me. 6-0 did surprise me, though.

I'm sorry for you that you didn't enjoy the game. I thought it was excellent entertainment. Man City are a joy to watch when they're in full flow and their work-rate is astonishing.
    You do realise that the comment that we're referring to was made at 3-0?

Could be to do with how often a 6-0 result happens during these games, it may only be one goal, but the chances of getting to five far outweigh getting to 6 as it rarely happens. I suppose that if a team got to five with 15 minutes left then the odds on them getting to 6 would be evens at best.