Thread: FT: Man City 6 - 0 Watford: FA Cup Final thread

Re: Man City v Watford: FA Cup Final thread

5 - 0. Sterling.

Still 10 mins + added time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    5 - 0. Sterling.

Still 10 mins + added time to go
    Call me old fashioned, but I still fancy Watford..

Re: Man City v Watford

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Painfully predictable and boring.
    Yep. Not even worth bothering with

This isn't what football is about. So one sided. It's impossible to compete against the wealth these 'big' clubs have these days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yup.
    Really hope a European Super League is set up so teams like Man City can feck off.
    I’m happier that they’re the first club to do the domestic treble rather than Man U or Liverpool though. It’s not a bad thing that their noses are being put out of joint.

and another

Re: FT: Man City 6 - 0 Watford: FA Cup Final thread

Can they beat Bury’s record? .....No, biggest win at Wembley though. Not most goals in a final though that’s still 7, Blackburn 6 The Wednesday 1 in 1889 & Blackpool 4 Bolton 3 in 1953.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    This isn't what football is about. So one sided. It's impossible to compete against the wealth these 'big' clubs have these days.
    agree, fvin ridiculous, was that a fair contest? not a b1oody chance. at least the championship is more of a competition.

Am I in the minority? I must confess to enjoy watching them when they’re on song, hard not to admire good football. When Brazil pumped Italy 4-1 in the 1970 World Cup Final it was a pleasure to watch, to me this is the same. Let’s not forget Spurs outwitted them the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Am I in the minority? I must confess to enjoy watching them when they’re on song, hard not to admire good football. When Brazil pumped Italy 4-1 in the 1970 World Cup Final it was a pleasure to watch, to me this is the same. Let’s not forget Spurs outwitted them the other week.
    I enjoyed it too. I've also enjoyed watching Watford play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I enjoyed it too. I've also enjoyed watching Watford play this season.
    Watford were outstanding up there for 80 odd minutes, 3 up and cruising, we got one back & a bit of panic set in. At our place, once they got in their stride they pulverised us. Two of our biggest mismatches of the season so do people think Watford should piss off to an elite league away from us?

The best team i have seen this season ,fair play to Watford they are good going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks fireworks detract from the atmosphere at football matches?
    Nope your not , hate them, bloody Rugy ones are bloody circus like .

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Bookies have Man City at 1/5
    Watford at 14/1

I think we'll have a high scoring final today. I'll go with Man City 4, Watford 3.
    Bloody hell cracking prediction. Hope you won a wedge .

Game was over as soon as Man City made it three nil. Think Watford will regret that for two out of those three goals they didn't force Man City to show the greater level of skill, composure, football intelligence that their much greater budget has contributed to and instead just weren't strong enough or determined enough - if they had 11 Troy Deeney's they wouldn't have conceded those goals.

What a keeper Ederson is? Man City could have been one nil down but he made a great save, Watford were looking to break but he intervened again which started the move for the first goal. De Bruyne may have made it a record breaking equalling score but Ederson started it all when the game was still at 0-0 so for me he was MotM.

Were Watford lucky today that Aguero was a mere spectator?

breathtaking stuff again from Man City and deserved the treble but my gripe again is only 4 british players featured in the first 11 for both sides . add that to the last arsenal europa semi final when they didn't feature 1 single british player in there starting line up in this globalist industry . everyone happy with this or the masses on here happy for the game to pan out the way it is now ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    breathtaking stuff again from Man City and deserved the treble but my gripe again is only 4 british players featured in the first 11 for both sides . add that to the last arsenal europa semi final when they didn't feature 1 single british player in there starting line up in this globalist industry . everyone happy with this or the masses on here happy for the game to pan out the way it is now ?
    It's not gonna change overnight mate but it is changing

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It's not gonna change overnight mate but it is changing
    Does it matter that it's just that British players (those coming through English developmental systems) are becoming favoured by the globalist industry now? It's not about making sure the game is as close as possible to the fans or a desire to play young talent.

I don't think that the dominance of the Man Citeh's & the like is good but, the so called elite superstars of these teams as demonstrated by Man City today cannot be faulted, irrespective of the reputations, strikers working their nuggets off getting back when required, midfielders working as units, passing moving, making themselves available for the next ball, defenders bombing on in attack, then getting back for their primary job has to be applauded. Man City are at the level due to the players working for each other on and off the ball, lesser teams may not have the individual skill levels but that does not prevent self discipline and a work ethic of the better quality players, fitness isn't dependent on skill, other teams must work harder to compete and managers must look to play the teams and not just look to shackle them, poor players in the premier league can make a fantastic living for being just being in the squad, for many it seems that this is enough and the desire to get to a better level isn't wanted, I think this was demonstrated in a couple of the Cardiff City games towards the end of the season. The absolute desire to win wasn't evident IMHO.

[QUOTE=MOZZER2;4974569]breathtaking stuff again from Man City and deserved the treble but my gripe again is only 4 british players featured in the first 11 for both sides . add that to the last arsenal europa semi final when they didn't feature 1 single british player in there starting line up in this globalist industry . everyone happy with this or the masses on here happy for the game to pan out the way it is now ?[/QUOTE

Well, seeing as Wales have played the best football i have ever seen in my 46 years and it looks as if there's another crop coming through that will be able to compete then i'm not to concerned about some of the best players on earth playing in the UK. I'd say that it has raised standards massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I don't think that the dominance of the Man Citeh's & the like is good but, the so called elite superstars of these teams as demonstrated by Man City today cannot be faulted, irrespective of the reputations, strikers working their nuggets off getting back when required, midfielders working as units, passing moving, making themselves available for the next ball, defenders bombing on in attack, then getting back for their primary job has to be applauded. Man City are at the level due to the players working for each other on and off the ball, lesser teams may not have the individual skill levels but that does not prevent self discipline and a work ethic of the better quality players, fitness isn't dependent on skill, other teams must work harder to compete and managers must look to play the teams and not just look to shackle them, poor players in the premier league can make a fantastic living for being just being in the squad, for many it seems that this is enough and the desire to get to a better level isn't wanted, I think this was demonstrated in a couple of the Cardiff City games towards the end of the season. The absolute desire to win wasn't evident IMHO.
    Agree, this shit load of cash thing is a little simplistic. If we gave Neil Warnock 500 million quid do you reckon that he would win the treble and get us to a Champions league semi final? The money is a massive help but a club has to have the infrastructure and the correct people putting everything in place. Man City aren't like Real Madrid, they don't buy Galacticos, they buy very good players and make them better, much better. They also work their bollocks off for eachover, chasing lost causes that may be beneficial two or three passes down the line. It's about more than the money.

Re: Man City v Watford

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Painfully predictable and boring.
    Biggest winning margin in an FA Cup final since 1902/03. Painfully predictable, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Watford competed well enough with Man City in the Premier League. They lost 1-2 at Vicarage Road and 1-3 at the Etihad.

Terrible cup final.