+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Man City 6 - 0 Watford: FA Cup Final thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: Man City 6 - 0 Watford: FA Cup Final thread

[QUOTE=MOZZER2;4974569]breathtaking stuff again from Man City and deserved the treble but my gripe again is only 4 british players featured in the first 11 for both sides . add that to the last arsenal europa semi final when they didn't feature 1 single british player in there starting line up in this globalist industry . everyone happy with this or the masses on here happy for the game to pan out the way it is now ?[/QUOTE

Well, seeing as Wales have played the best football i have ever seen in my 46 years and it looks as if there's another crop coming through that will be able to compete then i'm not to concerned about some of the best players on earth playing in the UK. I'd say that it has raised standards massively.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    breathtaking stuff again from Man City and deserved the treble but my gripe again is only 4 british players featured in the first 11 for both sides . add that to the last arsenal europa semi final when they didn't feature 1 single british player in there starting line up in this globalist industry . everyone happy with this or the masses on here happy for the game to pan out the way it is now ?
    It's not gonna change overnight mate but it is changing

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It's not gonna change overnight mate but it is changing
    Does it matter that it's just that British players (those coming through English developmental systems) are becoming favoured by the globalist industry now? It's not about making sure the game is as close as possible to the fans or a desire to play young talent.

I don't think that the dominance of the Man Citeh's & the like is good but, the so called elite superstars of these teams as demonstrated by Man City today cannot be faulted, irrespective of the reputations, strikers working their nuggets off getting back when required, midfielders working as units, passing moving, making themselves available for the next ball, defenders bombing on in attack, then getting back for their primary job has to be applauded. Man City are at the level due to the players working for each other on and off the ball, lesser teams may not have the individual skill levels but that does not prevent self discipline and a work ethic of the better quality players, fitness isn't dependent on skill, other teams must work harder to compete and managers must look to play the teams and not just look to shackle them, poor players in the premier league can make a fantastic living for being just being in the squad, for many it seems that this is enough and the desire to get to a better level isn't wanted, I think this was demonstrated in a couple of the Cardiff City games towards the end of the season. The absolute desire to win wasn't evident IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I don't think that the dominance of the Man Citeh's & the like is good but, the so called elite superstars of these teams as demonstrated by Man City today cannot be faulted, irrespective of the reputations, strikers working their nuggets off getting back when required, midfielders working as units, passing moving, making themselves available for the next ball, defenders bombing on in attack, then getting back for their primary job has to be applauded. Man City are at the level due to the players working for each other on and off the ball, lesser teams may not have the individual skill levels but that does not prevent self discipline and a work ethic of the better quality players, fitness isn't dependent on skill, other teams must work harder to compete and managers must look to play the teams and not just look to shackle them, poor players in the premier league can make a fantastic living for being just being in the squad, for many it seems that this is enough and the desire to get to a better level isn't wanted, I think this was demonstrated in a couple of the Cardiff City games towards the end of the season. The absolute desire to win wasn't evident IMHO.
    Agree, this shit load of cash thing is a little simplistic. If we gave Neil Warnock 500 million quid do you reckon that he would win the treble and get us to a Champions league semi final? The money is a massive help but a club has to have the infrastructure and the correct people putting everything in place. Man City aren't like Real Madrid, they don't buy Galacticos, they buy very good players and make them better, much better. They also work their bollocks off for eachover, chasing lost causes that may be beneficial two or three passes down the line. It's about more than the money.

Terrible cup final.

In some ways, I'd rate Watford as the best side we played against this season and, so when I was asked for a prediction an hour or two before kick off, it was Man City to win, but Watford to give them a really tough game - I went for 1-0. Therefore, I can hardly call what happened predictable - for a side to turn on the style against decent opposition is rare in a Cup Final.

Man City are a great football team with a strange aversion to the latter stages of the Champions League - I hope UEFA throw the back at them if they are guilty of reported financial irregularities because they're good enough to have to resort to that sort of thing.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In some ways, I'd rate Watford as the best side we played against this season and, so when I was asked for a prediction an hour or two before kick off, it was Man City to win, but Watford to give them a really tough game - I went for 1-0. Therefore, I can hardly call what happened predictable - for a side to turn on the style against decent opposition is rare in a Cup Final.

Man City are a great football team with a strange aversion to the latter stages of the Champions League - I hope UEFA throw the back at them if they are guilty of reported financial irregularities because they're good enough not to have to resort to that sort of thing.
    Politely edited for you.

Can’t understand what all the fuss is about.
    The best team in England hit top form, against one of the lesser lights from the same division, whose players didn’t really turn up for the big occasion.
    All this “buying success” is just nonsense.
    That’s been happening in football for yrs, and it ain’t gonna stop anytime soon.
    If some folk are not happy with that, then just give up following the game.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    Best to check facts before spouting off.
    Amazing I said "seems highly unlikely" and "seems bizarre". Spouting off, indeed.