+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watford Today In Memory of Graham Taylor

Watford Today In Memory of Graham Taylor

Having read a lot about him since his death it appears he was a very decent chap , incredibly classed as massive underdogs , playing a team from the same league

Re: Watford Today In Memory of Graham Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Having read a lot about him since his death it appears he was a very decent chap , incredibly classed as massive underdogs , playing a team from the same league
    That Liverpool/ Wimbledon Final does it for me when it’s said to be up there with the biggest FA Cup Final shocks. Ok Liverpool won the league but Wimbledon were 7th. I’m sure there’s been loads more winners in the Cup’s history separated by more than 6 league places.

Sunderland beating Leeds in 1973 maybe more a shock FA Cup win than Wimbledon ?

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Sunderland beating Leeds in 1973 maybe more a shock FA Cup win than Wimbledon ?
    Of course it was.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Of course it was.
    Yes that was the big one .

Jim Montgomery’s double save. Ian Porterfield’s goal. Bob Stokoe leaping across the Wembley pitch at the end. Only 46 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Jim Montgomery’s double save. Ian Porterfield’s goal. Bob Stokoe leaping across the Wembley pitch at the end. Only 46 years ago.
    This post by Pearcey is yet more ammunition in my belief that some bugger is messing about with the calendar & the clocks🤪