+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHU Etheridge

WHU Etheridge

I hear they are interested or his agents busy ,chatter about 10 million bid , I'd take that if I'm honest.

Re: WHU Etheridge

Not enough money even at £10m. That kid from Bristol City joined Bournemouth today for £13m and he's only had one season. Etheridge is proven at Championship and now Premier League level. I think he'll stay with us.

He would be a reserve at West Ham as they already have an excellent keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I would think that he'd be backup at almost any prem club. Hope he stays with us.
    Though if the price went up to say £15M...

Only worry when Neil Warnock starts to warm up his car!

I don't think he's going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Only worry when Neil Warnock starts to warm up his car!

I don't think he's going anywhere.
    Maybe Watford will be interested ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Maybe Watford will be interested ?
    Etheridge is too young for Watford.

I was thinking his value would be around the 6m mark, especially when keepers don't tend to go for loads (with the exception of a few)

Let's be real, he was in league 1 before we picked him up and has had one really good season in the top flight, 10m is a lot for him. I would hate to see him go, but with a good championship keeper like Smithies on the bench as well as 10m potentially being reinvested into the midfield or a striker, I'd take it all day

Build from the back. We should 100% keep Etheridge unless a stupid bid comes in.

He knows and values the club - and the squad, and the manager. He has had two very good seasons - Championship and Premier.

When he learns to kick he will be amazing! He is a top shot-stopper, and he controls his box (unlike some previous Cardiff heroes between the sticks).

Smithies has been a bit hit and miss with his infrequent appearances, but beofre that he was rightly seen as a top Championship keeper. So if Etheridge goes for silly money (I hope not) his replacement is already on the books.

Build from the back. We should 100% keep Etheridge unless a stupid bid comes in.

He knows and values the club - and the squad, and the manager. He has had two very good seasons - Championship and Premier.

When he learns to kick he will be amazing! He is a top shot-stopper, and he controls his box (unlike some previous Cardiff heroes between the sticks).

Smithies has been a bit hit and miss with his infrequent appearances, but beofre that he was rightly seen as a top Championship keeper. So if Etheridge goes for silly money (I hope not) his replacement is already on the books.
    How much would you value him at? 10m seems like a lot for him imo

Think the hammers keeper is 34, so an investment for the future perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I would think that he'd be backup at almost any prem club. Hope he stays with us.
    Though if the price went up to say £15M...
    Don't matter if it is £10m or £15m, it just goes to Tan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    What a stupid reply

Why? There is no owner in the history of Cardiff City who has put so much into the club.

At £15 we should sell.

Could get Westwood in on a free to compete with Smithies and invest it in 2-3 quality players.

At £10m I’m not so sure

If it’s a decent wedge, say 10m and it’s added to the somewhat paltry 15m available to Warnock then there’s more money for a quality central midfielder and striker.

Can't believe Fabianski is 34.

Leicester paid 13mill for a reserve keeper last year, I agree with another poster 10 mill would be good buisness and Smithies is well thought of, then perhaps look at Westwood or Day to come in.

Starting bid should be £10m and we should see if we can drive up the price from there.

I'd like Adam Davies as a replacement as he is out of contract at Barnsley although they have offered him a deal to stay.

100% agree.

Why? There is no owner in the history of Cardiff City who has put so much into the club.
    And taken out so much.

And taken out so much.
    Really?

£10m plus IO would think. Bristol City sold someone to Bournemouth yesterday for £13m and I've never heard of him, and he's only go one full season in the Championship. By that standard Etheridge should eb £20m. We shouldn't sell him for less than market value, Welsh we shouldn't sell him anyway.

I'd be sorry to see him go, but 10M would buy another Bobby Reid or Josh Murphy. How much is that Daniel James kid supposed to be worth?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    £10m plus IO would think. Bristol City sold someone to Bournemouth yesterday for £13m and I've never heard of him, and he's only go one full season in the Championship. By that standard Etheridge should eb £20m. We shouldn't sell him for less than market value, Welsh we shouldn't sell him anyway.
    He's Filipino.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Wurzels also sold us Tomlin for a hefty sum but his weaknesses have been well and truly exposed now and now club would go near the amount we paid for him, Zohore was reportedly set to go for £10 million plus when on a hot streak a couple of years ago but again his weaknesses have been exposed and no chance we'd be able to sell him for that much now. Etheridge's value will be based on what premier league clubs have seen last year, a fantastic shot-stopper who needs to work on distribution, the strength of our position as a selling club, we're supported by parachute payments and have an able back-up who will drive up the price, and the relative strength of the buying club also. I think it's likely that Etheridge's value goes down after this summer, only doing a lot of work on distribution prevents that, and therefore may be a candidate to be sold if we get an offer of £10million plus but also that his known weaknesses will stop him going for anything near £20million. However, if we're looking to go back up and stay up, then Etheridge having so much positive experience at that higher level is a really good reason to keep him.