+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paderborn

Paderborn

13/14 Promoted to Bundesliga
    14/15 Relegated to Bundesliga 2
    15/16 Relegated to 3rd division
    16/17 Relegated to 4th tier (Regional leagues) but reinstated after 1860 Munich are denied 3rd division licence
    17/18 Promoted to Bundesliga 2
    18/19 Promoted to Bundesliga

Bit of drama. Steffen Baumgart was put in charge before 17/18 season began. Got them promoted twice by playing attacking football so maybe he'll be a name thrown about in Championship boardrooms in future (but perhaps not ours).

Re: Paderborn

I have a horible feeling that our next manager will be Kevin Blackwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    13/14 Promoted to Bundesliga
    14/15 Relegated to Bundesliga 2
    15/16 Relegated to 3rd division
    16/17 Relegated to 4th tier (Regional leagues) but reinstated after 1860 Munich are denied 3rd division licence
    17/18 Promoted to Bundesliga 2
    18/19 Promoted to Bundesliga

Bit of drama. Steffen Baumgart was put in charge before 17/18 season began. Got them promoted twice by playing attacking football so maybe he'll be a name thrown about in Championship boardrooms in future (but perhaps not ours).
    That's an incredible record, reminds me of Northampton Town under Dave Bowen in my youth.

Pleased to see SV Hamburg will be spending at least one more season in the second division.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's an incredible record, reminds me of Northampton Town under Dave Bowen in my youth.
    All whilst managing Wales as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Pleased to see SV Hamburg will be spending at least one more season in the second division.
    Paderborn really got out of jail after their reinstatement. Those regional divisions look a nightmare over there; you can win your regional division by a mile and still not go up, which seems a bit harsh. I wonder if Hamburg have a clock for how long they're not in the Bundesliga.