+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC Wales programme about Emiliano Sala Mondat evening...

Re: BBC Wales programme about Emiliano Sala Mondat evening...

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I lost my son 13 days before Sala died. So I found the programme heartbreaking, and worrying that his Dad died recently too.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I lost mine some time ago.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    This has been my complaint about City's activity in the issue and I said so some months ago. Legally, I don't think Cardiff will be found liable but I asked at the time - if the passenger had been Mrs Dalman or Mrs Choo, wouldn't the club have been more interested in the flight arrangements? Who's plane? Is it a jet? Who's the pilot? Tragically, these questions weren't asked and, as TOBW suggests, that's down to the club's naivety and inexperience in managing expensive assets.
    Your comment is very disingenuous. If it had been one of the persons you mentioned then their husbands would have been responsible and would have ensured everything was OK just as you or I would with our loved-ones. The fact is it is normal practice for the player's agent to arrange these things plus the club offered to arrange perfectly adequate transport arrangements and the player chose to reject them, - - his decision, whether influenced by his agent or not.
    It was Sala who wanted to get back really early to join the next day's training session, the club weren't insisting on it or they wouldn't have offered a later flight.
    Add to this the assumption that he was not strictly yet CCFC's employee and I cannot see why people seem to think the club was in any way at fault, negligent or less than 100% diligent.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    RIP your son. Look after yourself mate.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

Why wasn’t he though? Seems so un professional when dealing with huge sums of cash
    Maybe because the deal was "hijacked" by Willie McKay acting through his son`s company?

Maybe because Willie McKay was acting for Nantes FC even though that club knew/should have known that he was not allowed to do so under UEFA rules? Could they possibly have been persuaded to do so on the basis that they were promised a higher transfer fee than they might otherwise have got?

So are we saying that Nantes were happy to get WM in involved on the basis he would screw more money out of CCFC, and he arranged the flight on the basis he would charge Sala more than he would have paid?

So for the WM it's a win / win he's getting a bigger cut and getting money from Sala as well.

And Sala's agent is quiet because his brown paper bag is fatter as well?

Who was Sala's agent? I've never heard of anyone mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    So are we saying that Nantes were happy to get WM in involved on the basis he would screw more money out of CCFC, and he arranged the flight on the basis he would charge Sala more than he would have paid?

So for the WM it's a win / win he's getting a bigger cut and getting money from Sala as well.

And Sala's agent is quiet because his brown paper bag is fatter as well?

Who was Sala's agent? I've never heard of anyone mentioned.
    I thought Willie McKays son was Sala's agent.
    Possibly only because Willie McKay is banned from being one, but he was still acting on behalf of his son.
    All perfectly fine I'm sure.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Possibly only because Willie McKay is banned from being one, but he was still acting on behalf of his son.
    I think its been said that the flight was free to Sala. (But of course someone must have paid someone for it)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Loads of news reports have said Willie McKay was Sala's agent.

He wasn't.

Sala's agent was Meissa N’Diaye.

Willie Mckay's son acted for Nantes in the Sala (incomplete?) transfer and his father Willie McKay, despite being suspended as an agent, was working as a middle-man using his son's registration.

It stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

He wasn't.

Willie Mckay's son acted for Nantes in the Sala (incomplete?) transfer and his father Willie McKay, despite being suspended as an agent, was working as a middle-man using his son's registration.

It stinks!
    Pity Sala's family cannot accept this .

I do wonder why the family finger is only pointed at us, where its obvious to most, that so many variables are in play, and we advised and offered the correct flight ??

We live in times where there's no such thing as an 'accident' - let's find blame somewhere no matter what. If there is any blame it would lie somewhere between the two pilots who both knew the risks and their regulatory requirements to make such a flight, but I guess it's more sensational to hint at CCFC being at fault.

The Pilot who should have flown the flight but asked his mate to fly it still has not said anything has he?

I didn’t like the fact that we could have bought Sala for 8m but McKay conned us to pay 15m because he said other clubs were interested.Surely we could have checked if West Ham and Everton were interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I didn’t like the fact that we could have bought Sala for 8m but McKay conned us to pay 15m because he said other clubs were interested.Surely we could have checked if West Ham and Everton were interested?
    It would be incredibly naive if clubs didn't already realise that such artfulness goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Sorry to hear that , it's been 4 months now and still hasn't got any better. I doubt it ever will.

He wasn't.

It stinks!
    Why was mckays son Even involved if Sala already had an agent? Weird, such a murky world. 1.5 million for arranging a dodgy flight?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The Pilot who should have flown the flight but asked his mate to fly it still has not said anything has he?

Probably too scared as he knows he’s in the doo doo

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Sorry to hear that , it's been 4 months now and still hasn't got any better. I doubt it ever will.
    I can't imagine what pain you are both going through.

I have a question for you although it may seem a stupid one. I have a German friend who lost his wife a few weeks ago and after my sending initial condolences by card and him subsequently responding with a few WhatsApp messages (including his comment that he is not looking for support locally as he wants to grieve privately) I want to send the occasional message to indicate that he has a friend to lean on (albeit from afar) nevertheless. However, I'm finding it difficult in wondering what to say after my initial messages extolling the virtues of his late wife. It's very rare that I am stuck for words but it's not so much the words I am having problems with but what to say without sounding platitudious or asking him the pointless question as to how he is. My question is what sort of sentiment is actually meaningful rather than crass at this juncture?

WOL digging as much s@@t as they can.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-join-16317399

So it now appears that Sala didn’t really want to join us but his agent and Nantes owner had conned us into paying a lucrative deal that Sala had to go through with it! I bet Tan is livid about this deal?

Why was mckays son Even involved if Sala already had an agent? Weird, such a murky world. 1.5 million for arranging a dodgy flight?
    I read something in early February that claimed at least 6 agents were involved in the Sala deal.

Mark (and Willie) Mckay were working for Nantes and they brought the clubs together, inflated the price (and their share), influenced Sala and his agent to agree the offer, and for some reason arranged (through David Henderson) the flights to Nantes and back to Cardiff after Sala signed - at no cost to Sala or Cardiff. The fact that they organised the flights (having acted for Nantes) gives credence to the claim that the transfer was incomplete at that stage. They were due £1.5m of the £15m fee - although Willie Mckay has since said they would not insist on payment!

Sala's agent, Meissa N’Diaye, was obviously involved in the negotiations around his client's salary and terms, and Mehmet Dalman in his recent interview suggested he was due £1m out of the £15m total fee. Other agents (including whoever was working for or with Cardiff City) would have had a piece of the action too.

Sala's former club (Bordeaux) were due (I think) 50% of something - either the full £15m or of the £15 less agents' fees.

The one in the middle of this was Emiliano Sala who was happy where he was and was a commodity at the heart of a transaction.

In the end it would have come down to football for him. Warnock really wanted him and saw him as the missing piece of the jigsaw, and the player came to a change of heart about the move and seemed genuinely excited and positive about the move just days before his tragic death.

Football is up there as one of the most corrupt organisation's in the world. Basically a mafia albeit free for all

I read something in early February that claimed at least 6 agents were involved in the Sala deal.

Mark (and Willie) Mckay were working for Nantes and they brought the clubs together, inflated the price (and their share), influenced Sala and his agent to agree the offer, and for some reason arranged (through David Henderson) the flights to Nantes and back to Cardiff after Sala signed - at no cost to Sala or Cardiff. The fact that they organised the flights (having acted for Nantes) gives credence to the claim that the transfer was incomplete at that stage. They were due £1.5m of the £15m fee - although Willie Mckay has since said they would not insist on payment!

Sala's agent, Meissa N’Diaye, was obviously involved in the negotiations around his client's salary and terms, and Mehmet Dalman in his recent interview suggested he was due £1m out of the £15m total fee. Other agents (including whoever was working for or with Cardiff City) would have had a piece of the action too.

Sala's former club (Bordeaux) were due (I think) 50% of something - either the full £15m or of the £15 less agents' fees.

The one in the middle of this was Emiliano Sala who was happy where he was and was a commodity at the heart of a transaction.

In the end it would have come down to football for him. Warnock really wanted him and saw him as the missing piece of the jigsaw, and the player came to a change of heart about the move and seemed genuinely excited and positive about the move just days before his tragic death.
    Take away all the agents fees and signing on fee for Sala....prob not much left.....shocking, then take 50% to Bordeaux not really so much left for Nantes anyway!? So low that WM can try and inflate the fee by pretending other clubs are interested, the bloke is just scum who needs removing from the game completely, likewise any others who operate this way. We should just give salas Mum £5 million and be fine with it, if he wasn’t ours then we should still chip in with Nantes I reckon as a goodwill gesture.

Take away all the agents fees and signing on fee for Sala....prob not much left.....shocking, then take 50% to Bordeaux not really so much left for Nantes anyway!? So low that WM can try and inflate the fee by pretending other clubs are interested, the bloke is just scum who needs removing from the game completely, likewise any others who operate this way. We should just give salas Mum £5 million and be fine with it, if he wasn’t ours then we should still chip in with Nantes I reckon as a goodwill gesture.
    It would be a nice gesture, however i'm guessing Tans lawyers and the insurers are advising stay silent for the time being?