+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our Big Brother world

Welcome to our Big Brother world

Man ordered to uncover face in front of police camera and then fined £90.

Met cops stopped and fined him £90 for disorderly behaviour after he tried to avoid a facial recognition camera in east London - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...front-16155463

There's a video of the incident at the link. Photo below of the bloke who was criminalised for having the temerity to conceal his face from a Nanny knows best snooping camera.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Welcome to our Big Brother world

Dodgy cap

Taser the suspect before he can do any harm to innocent standers by NQAT

The police used it in Cardiff for the Champions League Final 2017. Within 10 years it will used at most of the football league stadiums in this country. That's my take anyway. Authority's excuse will be that it is protecting innocent football fans from known, banned hooligans attending games, or some other inane bollux.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Man ordered to uncover face in front of police camera and then fined £90.

Met cops stopped and fined him £90 for disorderly behaviour after he tried to avoid a facial recognition camera in east London - https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...front-16155463

There's a video of the incident at the link. Photo below of the bloke who was criminalised for having the temerity to conceal his face from a Nanny knows best snooping camera.

From now on I am not trimming my nose, eyebrow or ear hair and growing a huge beard. Ferk the police!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    From now on I am not trimming my nose, eyebrow or ear hair and growing a huge beard. Ferk the police!!!
    I'm growing a very long fringe.

I’m going to start walking backwards

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’m going to start walking backwards
    And shake my head at all times like on Four Lions.

What about those in a burka

The outrage if a woman in a burka was asked to do this would be insane

It would be racist to ask a wearer of one of those to reveal themselves for the Big Brother cam, even though Muslims aren't a race.

Some people are more equal than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Philccfc29 View Post
    What about those in a burka
    And this is exactly how things like UKIP happen.

It would be racist to ask a wearer of one of those to reveal themselves for the Big Brother cam, even though Muslims aren't a race.

Some people are more equal than others.
    Muslims are a race just like Jews are a race.

Do you think an atheist person from a Jewish family would not have been put in a camp by the Nazis?

Do you think an atheist Muslim from Iran can get into America?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Do you think an atheist person from a Jewish family would not have been put in a camp by the Nazis?

The resident Scouser is off

Offended by everything

The way these cameras are being used in China there should be uproar that they’re getting used in this country.

Ways to take our rights away will always be sold as protecting us first.

They’ll sell it to us based on Muslims and terrorists and people will lap it up though.

Your claims are contrary to British law. Read the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 for further clarification.

Britain First leaders jailed for anti-Muslim hate crime - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8244161.html

- The leaders of far-right extremist group Britain First have been jailed for anti-Muslim hate crimes after targeting people they incorrectly believed were involved in an ongoing rape trial.

Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen, both of Beeches Close in Penge, were convicted on several counts of religiously-aggravated harassment following a trial at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court, which heard their actions could have caused rapists to walk free. -

Note the crime they were convicted of was religiously-aggravated rather than racially-aggravated? They are separate and distinct. It's why a Hearts fan was once convicted of a racially-aggravated public order offence when he described Celtic player Craig Bellamy as a "wee Welsh bastard." Had he uttered Christian, Sikh or some other religion instead of "Welsh" he'd have been done for a religiously-aggravated public order offence.

They aren’t my claims they’re the definition of what a race is.

Do you only believe a definition if it’s written in british law, that’s a bit big brother isn’t it?

Have you ever read 1984?

[quote]A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. First used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations, by the 17th century the term race began to refer to physical (phenotypical) traits. Modern scholarship regards race as a social construct, an identity which is assigned based on rules made by society. While partially based on physical similarities within groups, race is not an inherent physical or biological quality.[quote]

First Team

An "atheist Muslim" is a contradiction in terms. I'm afraid you are confusing ethnicity (I think you like to call it "race") with religious belief.

There are white Muslims, Asian Christians and black Jews. Do you see the point?

They aren’t my claims they’re the definition of what a race is.

Do you only believe a definition if it’s written in british law, that’s a bit big brother isn’t it?

Have you ever read 1984?
    You stated unequivocally Muslims are a race. Not unnaturally I presumed that was your view as there was no indication it was someone or something else's. Now it appears you've parroted a mysterious entity's opinion while singularly failing to articulate why. Anyone can convert to Islam, Judaism, Christianity and so on and with it, in your world, become a member of different race. The subject of this thread surrounds an incident that occurred on British soil. It must be plain why British law is relevant. Yes, I have read that book.

Your claims are contrary to British law. Read the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 for further clarification.

Britain First leaders jailed for anti-Muslim hate crime - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8244161.html

- The leaders of far-right extremist group Britain First have been jailed for anti-Muslim hate crimes after targeting people they incorrectly believed were involved in an ongoing rape trial.

Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen, both of Beeches Close in Penge, were convicted on several counts of religiously-aggravated harassment following a trial at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court, which heard their actions could have caused rapists to walk free. -

Note the crime they were convicted of was religiously-aggravated rather than racially-aggravated? They are separate and distinct. It's why a Hearts fan was once convicted of a racially-aggravated public order offence when he described Celtic player Craig Bellamy as a "wee Welsh bastard." Had he uttered Christian, Sikh or some other religion instead of "Welsh" he'd have been done for a religiously-aggravated public order offence.
    Just out of curiosity, why would he have been done for racially aggravated public order offence for the phrase “wee Welsh bastard”?

Welsh isn’t a race, it’s a nationality. Craig Bellamy is white, was the other guy not white? How was it racial?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    An "atheist Muslim" is a contradiction in terms. I'm afraid you are confusing ethnicity (I think you like to call it "race") with religious belief.

There are white Muslims, Asian Christians and black Jews. Do you see the point?
    It isn’t a contradiction to racists though you see.

To Nazis a person from Jewish parents who wasn’t religious at all would still have been sent to auschwitz. Just as a person from a Muslim background who doesn’t practice religion still gets abuse for being Muslim and would still not get into the US if they were from a certain country.

Do you see the point?

You stated unequivocally Muslims are a race. Not unnaturally I presumed that was your view as there was no indication it was someone or something else's. Now it appears you've parroted a mysterious entity's opinion while singularly failing to articulate why. Anyone can convert to Islam, Judaism, Christianity and so on and with it, in your world, become a member of different race. The subject of this thread surrounds an incident that occurred on British soil. It must be plain why British law is relevant. Yes, I have read that book.
    If you’d read the book you must realise the irony in parroting a governments view on what something is.

Anyone can convert to them that’s why there is a difference between the Muslim religion and the Muslim race when it comes to instances like this and why you can be racist against a Muslim person and a Jewish person.

Answer the question, do you think a person from Jewish parents who considered themselves to be an atheist would have not been sent to auschwitz?

Atheist Muslim is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this board. Fair play you don’t half come up with some gems

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Atheist Muslim is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this board. Fair play you don’t half come up with some gems
    It's a bit like being a Sunni Christian...

I don't think that Muslims are a race, maybe an ethnic group would better describe them, although there are some Jews who consider themselves a race and their religious beliefs as separate, same with some Arabs, they consider themselves a race and their religion separate also. It's very confusing.